Carnival Sensation Evacuated

SharkCruiser24

I don't think it would bother me.

Bomb threats are common and are really no new thing.

They used to get bomb threats at school when I was a kid (over 40 years ago) and we would have to go out and sit outside for hours.

And I've had a couple at work too.

There are some people who apparently don't have enough to do. If they worked hard enough, then they would be too tired for such foolishness.

Oh yeah, we had pranks at school all the time... our government buildings get them all the time... I'm all too familiar... but it is very rare on a cruise ship for them to evacuate your cruise 30 minutes prior to sailing... keep you out there for 2 hours and then tell you "it's fine"... when you are evacuated at school, or the office, you can "re-evacuate" if necessary... you can't on a cruise ship...

It's 7:39 and my daughter is still not on the ship yet. She just texted me and said she was at the end of a very long line to get back on the ship. I feel very sorry for the passengers. A three night cruise is short enough, without something like this happening.

Rick said they evacuated the ship at 4:00. They began reboarding at 6:00. They were delayed because some passengers who had gotten off the ship were hot, and Carnival sent them away from the terminal in tour buses to cool off.

Rick doesn't answer the cell phone now, so they must have sailed.

Though you guys are very informative we all must make ourselves incredibly aware of what is going on around us.

9-11 is proof that we are no longer safe. Its a shame that we as americans have to lead our lives this way, however cruise ships, as pointed out in one link, are highly overlooked and reading that story thought of several senarios that could be possible. I am not in fear of going on a cruise but i think we should keep our guards up. Keep notice of anything "suspicious" or out of the norm. Myself, i would readily report something "fishy" to be safe rather than become a front page story.

We are on vacation and shouldn't have to worry, but unfortunately in this world we live in, we have to do that, to some extent.

I hope these stories are a wake up call to government officials that cruise ships are "sitting ducks" and that out in the water they are more vulnerable than anything.

Everyone be safe adn happy travels !!

I don't know about you guys... I LOVE cruising, but I might have a hard time getting BACK on that ship, after only a couple hours of searching :eek: Not with all the nooks and crannies, and different methods for making bombs... I don't know, I'd likely be paranoid and not enjoy myself as much. Gordon, I agree... I feel for them

Have a friend in law enforcement who has a bomb dog. If there was something on that ship the dogs would have found it.

OMG I will be on that ship on Sunday. :eek:

I hope they find the creep who did this.

Oh those poor passangers. Just get on the ship thinking that your vacation has just begun only to hear...... please evacuate the boat. Sit outside for hours on end. Nothing to eat. Nothing to drink since you can't take your drinks on with you anymore.:eek:

There has been a bomb threat made against the Sensation at Port Canaveral in Florida. Someone made a threat earlier today that the ship would low up around 5pm. The ship has been evacuated and is undergoing a major search for any suspisous defices or cargo. I'll get a link to the story as soon as I can.

Probably that same 19 year old girl that called in a Bomb Thread because she didnt want to leave her Boyfriend behind :mad:

Fred

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - A phony bomb threat forced nearly 3,000 passengers and crew members to evacuate a Carnival Cruise Lines ship shortly before it was scheduled to leave Florida for the Bahamas.

Coast Guard and Brevard County sheriff's officers spent two hours searching the ship Thursday before determining the threat was a hoax

Just read about a bomb threat on the Sensation. I didnt see another post on this subject.:eek:3 hours ago

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. - A phony bomb threat forced nearly 3,000 passengers and crew members to evacuate a Carnival Cruise Lines ship shortly before it was scheduled to leave Florida for the Bahamas.

Coast Guard and Brevard County sheriff's officers spent two hours searching the ship Thursday before determining the threat was a hoax.

"We did a sweep in accordance with security procedure," said Coast Guard Lt. Carol Swinson.

The call about the cruise ship Sensation reached the Coast Guard Thursday afternoon. After the search, the passengers reboarded, and the ship left port shortly after 8 p.m.

Carnival's Web site shows Sensation has a passenger capacity of 2,052 and a total crew of 920.

The company released a statement about the incident saying, "Carnival Cruise Lines takes any security threat very seriously and is working with law enforcement officials as the investigation continues."

Probably someone that was denied boarding for some reason or another. Or, they were mad because they had their alcohol confiscated! :D

It is sad that a half day of your vacation is spent standing in a hot parking lot.:(

I sure hope they can find the culprit! :mad:

Archived