14/02/09 World Cruise (BL034) as a Solo

LJAM

I am looking at booking this cruise as the itinerary is wonderful. Has anyone else done a World Cruise on Fred Olsen as a solo traveler?

If so what are the plus and minus (both of being a solo traveler and Fred Olsen's Black Watch).

Have never cruised on Fred Olsen and my longest cruise to date is 15 days.

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

World Cruise is now BL034 and the ship Balmoral 104 days leaving 14/02/2009 same Itinerary. I have booked my outside single on the Atlantic Deck.

Looking to meeting some fellow travelers on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,, oh you lucky devil !!!!! i,m so jealous ..fred olsen is my favourite .. my first cruise 5 years ago .was on the adorable black watch from dover england , med cruise 14 nights ... i loved it the minute i stepped on board .. fellow passengers were comparing her to other cruise lines . i however had nothing to compare with .. the following year we went on the braemar. super cruise but preferred black watch , again fellow passengers comparing with other cruise lines , so our next cruise we tried rci legend of the seas ... luxurious ship but being so much bigger than freds fleet , you lost the personal, intimate service , next time back with fred on the new bouddicia ,, great ship , great cruise but my heart was with the black watch .. this year i could not get the cruise itinery i wanted on black watch so we tried rci navigator of the seas , again great cruise BUT as it held 3,000 passengers the service was not as good , food not as nice and often not hot enough ,but for the amount they cater for i suppose they done a good job .. next year i will be booking my old favoutite black watch , following year maybe the new balmoral..... i just adore everything about black watch and now she has had a refit , i cant wait.... i would love to do a world cruise on her but until the lottery comes up i will have to be content with 14 day cruising .. bye for now you lucky , lucky devil ...

• 3 weeks later...
What does this mean??...

Please note my post title was Info from Original Poster...

LJAM clicked the red triangle icon on their first post to send a Report Post e-mail to management asking to have their post removed. They also stated, "Have Canceled this cruise and booked on another cruise line."

However, if the first post is removed, the software will remove the whole thread. We did not want to do that so the quoted info was posted on the thread with the title Info from Original Poster... That way, all other members joining this Roll Call would not wonder why the original poster never posted here again.

Kat

Archived