Miami hotels

sstephy

I need advice on doubletree grand hotel i have read mixed reviews. i got a two room bayview balcony suit for 107 gov. rate... seems to good to be true. Im just having second thoughts about it. any info will be apreciated. also we are renting a car and dont know if we should stay a little farther away from downtown in a nicer newer location. dont need a ritzy hotel just a nice clean hotel with in a short distance of shopping and entertainment.

I am booked at IC pre-cruise. Does anyone know if the hotel provides shuttles to airport or the port? Is there an extra charge? Has anyone stayed at this hotel? What was your experience?

I have stayed here many times and am going to her staying here Aug. 19. There's no shuttle to or from the airport or port (at least not last Thanksgiving). This is a beautiful hotel and easy walking distance to Bayside. Enjoy your stay!

Laura

I am booked at IC pre-cruise. Does anyone know if the hotel provides shuttles to airport or the port? Is there an extra charge? Has anyone stayed at this hotel? What was your experience?

We stayed at the IC last year precruise and yes it is a very nice hotel, great views of the port and as the previous poster stated, the hotel is just a short walk from Bayside. There's always something going on over there.

I'm currently booked in the Petite Suite at the Hyatt Regency for this November and was told that they just started renovations and would continue through Feb. 08 and that you would not be able to use the balconies. I'm going to cancel that reservation and book somewhere else. Any suggestions, poor reviews on the Double Tree and mixed on the Radission. I was going to go through Priceline or Hotwire and put in for a 4 star hotel but was afraid I'd get stuck with Hyatt. Any other suggestions?

thanks!

Archived