Miami hotels

sstephy

Hello, Has anyone had any experience with either of these Miami Airport hotels:

Amerisuites Miami Airport West, 82nd Ave?

Or Embassy Suites Miami Intl Airport, NW South River Drive?

Thanks in advance for info on either of these hotels or others with similar rooms that you'd recommend for a short after cruise night.

I have compared the Holiday Inn, the Intercontinental and the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt looks the nicest and is the cheapest, for a one bedroom with a king. If you have an opinion on any of the hotels listed, I would love to hear from you.

While in Miami before our cruise we just want to grab dinner and maybe walk around the market place.

Thank you!

Might want to try www.tripadvisor.com A very good web site that rates hotels. However, sometimes I've seen a person give a 1 rating and the next person give a 5 rating, so take the average of the user comments.

Thanks, I checked them out. And you're right about the ratings. Someone gave a horrible rating because of high long distance phone charges, another one great ratings on the quality of the free drinks in the evening. I just want to know about the quality of the facility and the employees. I have gotten a few good personal recommendations and think we'll give them a whirl. I'll post my own review after I've stayed there. :p

I have compared the Holiday Inn, the Intercontinental and the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt looks the nicest and is the cheapest, for a one bedroom with a king. If you have an opinion on any of the hotels listed, I would love to hear from you.

While in Miami before our cruise we just want to grab dinner and maybe walk around the market place.

Thank you!

Stayed in both several times, last nov06, Intercontinental ,the best,but go for best deal.short walk to Bayside,and safe.

Bayside,is fine ,everywhere else is closed ,recommend breakfast,cafes near Ross,s, good shopping too.

Hi Shorview 75,

I haven't stayed in Miami yet, -I had been researching the area hotels as my dh & I are crusing in Nov 07. So I had a rough Idea of the hotels in the area. So last nite I just booked the intercontinental, thru lastmintuetravel.com- and got it (what I thought was cheap!!-roughly 110.00) when you go and list the miami hotels - it will be one of the "hotels off record" 5 stars for downtown Miami- so you don't know what hotel it is until after you book.

Makem,- thanks for the thumbs up for the hotel.:)

Hope that helps.

Kathy

Liberty 11/3/2007

Pradagal,

Thanks for letting me know about the 2 different interconitental hotels- I did luck out however,as ours is 100 chopin way, which is 3/4 mile from port and right next too the bayside market-:) maybe 1/2 mile to the Holiday Inn, which we have a friend staying @ that evening..

Got to thinking after I posted that maybe I wasn't suppose to say how much I spent on the hotel- still not sure of whats proper and whats not on the boards...

Shorview75- I noticed after I posted that there is a thread on how to use priceline.- Maybe I should have looked at that first:) Maybe that will help you in getting your hotel.

Everyone have a good week.

Kathyr

So I had a rough Idea of the hotels in the area. So last nite I just booked the intercontinental, thru lastmintuetravel.com- and got it (what I thought was cheap!!-roughly 110.00) when you go and list the miami hotels - it will be one of the "hotels off record" 5 stars for downtown Miami- so you don't know what hotel it is until after you book

Kathy - is this the description of the 'off the record' hotel you got (Intercontinental?)

Our ‘Off the Record’ hotels are distinguished brand name hotel and resorts. Due to the hotel chain’s pricing policy, we can not reveal their name until after purchase. Book now and save... it will be our little secret.

This hotel is conveniently close to Miami Beach. This hotel is also close to Bayside Marketplace, known for its fashionable shops and restaurants. Specifically designed with the business traveler in mind, the stylish rooms and suites offer spectacular views of Miami. A selection of restaurants provides guests with the choice of formal or casual dining, while the fitness center includes an outdoor pool. During a stay at this property, guests will enjoy a cocktail lounge, dry cleaning pickup, shoe shine, room service, newsstand, and a gift shop. The Port of Miami is very close to the hotel and the world famous South Beach is only within a 6 mile drive. Miami International Airport is only 10 miles away. For the business traveler, this hotel boasts a business center, courier service, E-mail and Internet, copy and fax service, printer, and a private limousine

If not I believe the above to be the description for the Conrad Hotel (part of the Hilton chain)- located on Brickell I believe and going for $111 US

Let me know!

Thanks,

Froufie

Thanks Kathy - I sure thought it was the conrad given the info on the shoe shine and the private limousine? Did not realize the Intercontinental offered that as well! Going to tripadvisor.com to check out the IC reviews!

Just off the LIberty 2 weeks ago and suffering from post-cruise depression, so I had to go and book the Triumph Cruise just to keep me calm and relaxed!

You will love the Liberty - great ship!

Froufie:cool:

P.S. Here are the reviews for the Intercontinental Miami: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d85029-Reviews-Hotel_InterContinental_Miami-Miami_Florida.html

P.P.S. - Our Liberty cruise left from Fort Lauderdale - yet I see you have booked in Miami? Just wondering if this has changed?

Thanks to this thread I booked via lastminutetravel.com and got the InterContinental for $153 for April 27 (1 night pre-cruise). This was the hotel we really wanted, but looking at other sites it was going to cost us around $300, whereas we could get either the Holiday Inn or Hyatt for roughly

$175. I found the correct "off the record" hotel using the same description as previously posted. Thank you to whoever posted that!!!

P.P.S. - Our Liberty cruise left from Fort Lauderdale - yet I see you have booked in Miami? Just wondering if this has changed?

The Liberty will be sailing out of Miami when we sail in August of 2008. Not sure when it moves from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami.

Thanks for the hotel suggestions. Anticipating next year's trip!!

Hi Everyone,

Jenr- I'm glad you were able to get a great rate also at the IC!!

Please let me know how your stay there was when you get back, (I will check this board) :)

Robin- This will only be our 2nd cruise so we have been soaking up info off these boards- I am really glad to pass along atleast another website people can checkout if not use:)

Especially one that saves us all $$$$$$$$...:D :D

Pradagal- would love to hear about your pre-cruise stay and how your cruise was ...

happy cruis'n,

Kathyr

Liberty of the Seas- 11/3/2007

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Port of Miami. Great view of the cruise terminals and lots of stuff in walking distance (Bayside Market, Bongo's Cafe etc.). Hotel is older and a lot of construction around it (at least right now - next year, probably too), but it's still easy to get to and ultra easy to get to the port from it as well:D Loved being able to see the ships coming in in the morning.

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Port of Miami. Great view of the cruise terminals and lots of stuff in walking distance (Bayside Market, Bongo's Cafe etc.). Hotel is older and a lot of construction around it (at least right now - next year, probably too), but it's still easy to get to and ultra easy to get to the port from it as well:D Loved being able to see the ships coming in in the morning.

Ditto. We stayed there in Feb. this year. We ate two meals at Bayside Market. The Miami Heat was playing that day, just up the street. The view of the port is awesome.

I was afraid that the ceiling would fall in the shower. The hotel is showing her age but was a good bargain.

Hello sstephy,

Me and my DH stayed at the embassy suites in october 2006. We loved the hotel and the room. the employees were always exceptionally nice and helpful. this was our first cruise and we needed alot of help. it is the closest hotel to the airport and i thought it would be a problem with the airplanes but i never heard a thing. now there is some parts that i thought could have been updated but all in all a great stay. they have a free breakfast buffet that was wonderful. hope this is helpful. have a great cruise.

I haven't had any experience staying at the two hotels you mentioned, but I used to go to Miami at least 5 or 6 times a year on business, and always stayed at the Mariott complex located on NW LeJuene (42nd St.), which is 5 minutes from the airport.

They have a free shuttle marked Mariott Hotel South, and the hotel is in a gated complex and consists of the Mariott hotel (full service); Courtyard Hotel, (middle range/business); and the Fairfield (most ecomomical). The shuttles to and from the airport run every 15 minutes. The three hotels are all grouped around a beautiful pool area, and there is a full service restaurant and a bar/lounge which serves more casual meals. There is also a game room and an exercise room. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. Everything is "their pleasure". I loved staying here and felt at home each time.

I always stay here and recommend it very highly if you are open to other hotels than the two you originally mentioned.

Mary

I was afraid that the ceiling would fall in the shower. The hotel is showing her age but was a good bargain.

LOL - we didn't have that problem! Most I saw was a few distressed spots in the wall paper in the bathroom. Room was clean and the view was great:D

You are smart to do the research now. Find the best thing you can and book it NOW. Between winter breaks from the NE and the boat show (I don't know what weekend that is), prices will only go up.

Lots of people here have Miami hotel info (and on the Miami ports board) -- I can't help you with that (have stayed in Fort Lauderdale and with relatives).

Archived