Breakfast on QM2?

Painter

Well, breakfast and lunch in the Kings Court are complimentary. As well as room service for all meals and snacks. You will be assigned a dining room for your grade of cabin....that also is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. all in the price of your ticket except wine, spirits, soft drinks, etc.

Also, tea is served in a few places in later afternoon as complimentary for guests.

It is my understanding from a the last and other crossings that only Todd English has an extra service fee for dinner. You need to make reservations for that restaurant and the fee is nominal.

Alcohol, soft drinks, mini bar drinks have a charge but tea, coffee, water, juice is available at Kings' Court for your free useage. there is a complimentary coffee, tea, and juice bar in the Computer Center for the day.:)

At the Captains' Party, World Club Party, Officer's Party the wine is passed for your compliments. But you may purchase other drinks from the bar or servers.

I think I covered a lot but other posters will give you more.

Happy cruise or crossing to you.

All the restaurants are free dining for breakfast, including room service and Kings Court

The only restaurant that charges for lunch is Todd English @ $20. pp

The evening meal is $30. in Todd English and free in all of the other restaurants including Kings Court.

Each night in the King's Court there is one section that is an open buffet and requires no reservation. You can go at any time that it is open. The others will require a reservation which you can make by telephoning from your stateroom or dropping by in the day. For instance, La Piazza may be the buffet and Lotus, the Carvery and the Chef's Gallery need a reservation. They rotate the place that will be a buffet each night. It will be noted in the daily program that you receive in your room each night.

It looks quite different by night than it does by day. They pull dividers out to give each area privacy, put on tablecloths and candles and dim the lights. The service is very good and we thought the food wonderful with numerous served courses. Nothing compares to the gorgeous Britannia Restaurant though, with its incredible decor, food, service and gentle dinner music.

Don't forget the free pub lunch available in the Golden Lion Pub every day. It's excellent and very popular. Fish and chips, bangers and mash and 3 or 4 other items. And, if you have slight breezes and no strong winds, the small Boardwalk Cafe on the top deck is also open for burgers, hot dogs, salads, ice cream and simple lunches and snacks.

Two months from today I'll be indulging in all that once again. Better not eat for the next 60 days!

Aloha, Patti

At the Captains' Party, World Club Party, Officer's Party the wine is passed for your compliments. But you may purchase other drinks from the bar or servers.

In my experience of Queen Elizabeth 2 this is not true. All drinks, whether on trays or otherwise requested, are free.

Having said that, I did hear reports in relation to the Mauretania Restaurant Capitain's party that suggested that anything over and above the offered drinks were being charged.

This is a new development.

Matthew

Having said that, I did hear reports in relation to the Mauretania Restaurant Capitain's party that suggested that anything over and above the offered drinks were being charged.

Not at the Mauretania Captain's Party I attended. Mind you, actually getting hold of a waiter to take an order was quite a challenge.....

Peter

Not at the Mauretania Captain's Party I attended. Mind you, actually getting hold of a waiter to take an order was quite a challenge.....

Peter

Ah, but you're an old hand! I'm sure one of our number who did attend one of the parties for the Mauretania was charged for a drink?

Matthew

Mind you, actually getting hold of a waiter to take an order was quite a challenge

The trick is to order one, and then, as soon as it arrives, to order a second. That way a second drink is just arriving as you finish your first. If then when the second arrives you order a third that'll be ready for you when you want it;) (I do make myself sound awfully thirsty - I'm not, honest)

Thanks Squirrelgardens for all that info.

Cusyl... I read a review ( somewhere) that said bookings were needed for Kings Court for dinner. Is that correct?

Yes, you do need reservations at night. You can do it from your cabin.

Archived