PICS - ON BOARD THE QM2

Shipping Out

GREAT pics!

In the photo of the two gals in the Britannia Dining Room, the gal on the left waited on us one morning at breakfast. I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen....

Tough for me to look the other direction!

The shot of the wave is amazing....

Russ

May I ask what type of cabin accomodations you had? It appears from your photos that your cabin was the type of balcony with the open plexiglass railing.

We are currently booked in a Cat. B5, which is a few decks below the lifeboats and has the hull type opening. I've read in the latest issue of Cruise Travel magazine that these cabins can be quite dark.

Maybe you can elaborate? Are the cabins in Cat. B1 and 2 the same interior space?

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

Hi Jerseygirl3. I confess, I cheated. We actually booked an inside cabin on 6 deck but on the last day, I peeked into a few of the other cabins after they had been vacated to take some photos. This cabin was an outside cabin on 6 deck - but I can't tell you what it was like to stay in it.

Originally posted by Linerguy:

GREAT pics!

In the photo of the two gals in the Britannia Dining Room, the gal on the left waited on us one morning at breakfast. I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen.

Actually, I took the picture in the Winter Garden at tea. They were our constant waitresses each afternoon. I also saw them in the Kings Court at lunch. Beautiful - and ultimately charming!

Hi Winchester. The picture was taken on the third and worst day of the gale which we sailed through. I took the picture from the Golden Lion Pub, which is on deck two - two decks above the waterline. A few of the waves washed right over the window. The press later reported them at being 30 feet - but there were a few that were even higher than these. Something to tell the folks back home!

Hi Shipping Out,

Hope you and the family arrived home OK. It was nice meeting you. I'm finally back on the board as I have been so busy since last week.

In answer to questions on interior space of the cabins, all the interior space is the same (194 sq ft). We were on deck 6 in a hull balcony and loved it. We were pretty far aft and it was great to get on to the deck on the last day, as it was beautiful out. It was also convenient to the Play Zone where my 13 year old hung out with his new found friends from the UK. He was actually IM'g a girl from Cambridge he met on board earlier in the day.

I can't believe I did not have my camera but people who I met again onboard, having sailed with them on past QE2 crossings, have promised to email me them.

It was a great crossing.

Going again on Friday on the Mother's Day cruise.

Bon voyage

Hi Cruisr! Thanks for your message. We enjoyed meeting you - if just for tea one afternoon in the Winter Garden. I never did connect with any of the other Cruise Critics folks - I guess we should have been more organized and arranged an official gathering - 2nd day at 5:00 in the Commodore Club - look for the blue balloons. Future Cruise Critics take note!

Too bad our two 13/12 year olds never got together - but I've learned that you have to leave that up them - it happens or it doesn't happen. Mine had a ball - Cruise Critics take note - your kids will enjoy this ship as much as you will. Mine disappeared after breakfast in the Britannia Restaurant and reappeared for tea at 3:30 in the Winter Garden. He spent most of his day just wandering around the ship - reading in the library, trying to find out if there were any dogs in the kennels - were there?

We're starting to save up for next year. We'd like to do a two way transatlantic on the QM2 and connect with a Mediterranean cruise on the QE2.

I'm glad I got a few good photographs. I only wish I was a better photographer. This trip was the photo op opportunity of a lifetime.

Archived