Does Carnival give you a discount if you have cruised

Most of the time Carnival offers upgrades instead of discounts (example: pay for a 4A and get a 4D). They have been giving some good balcony upgrades - some as good as booking an 8A and getting an 8I (extended balcony). It all depends on the ship and sail date.

If you are willing to do a guarantee cabin you can book cheaper rates that way. Chances are you will be upgraded, you just don't know your location on ship until close to sail date.

Just make sure you get the emails from Carnival that have those specials as well as find a PVP you mesh with... mine calls me all the time with good deals as he knows my schedule and when my wife and I can cruise.

We have often been able to take advantage of last minute (within 2 weeks of sailing) deals.

We might not always get an 8I on the ship but we have times paid half what the rate should have been.

Sometimes its a wash and my military discount trumps the Past Guest Discount.

Lately, discounts are rare. What they have been doing is giving free upgrades for past guests. You will get that type of cabin on a higher floor without paying extra.

Id love a discount, bring them on.

Booking upgrades do not apply to Single cruisers booking 1A's though.

Besides their past guest rates, which are either less than the super saver fare or an upgrade, we were on a cruise in January and when we returned we received an email stating that if we booked another cruise within 60 days we would receive an additional $50 discount off any cabin. Unfortunately could not do it. But yes they do offer discounts to past passengers

Being an educator, we can only cruise holidays and summers - prime time. No discounts. Maybe because we book Cat 11 there are no upgrades (gotta have a tub!)

It seems to me that most discounts are offered for cruise time that are less in demand. (October -Mid Dec except for Thanksgiving.)

I've never been able to use the past guest discount on the cruises I wanted to go on, and I don't qualify for any other discounts (I'm not military, not old, and I live in Florida) so we always use the $100 coupon in the entertainment book.

Most of the time Carnival offers upgrades instead of discounts (example: pay for a 4A and get a 4D). They have been giving some good balcony upgrades - some as good as booking an 8A and getting an 8I (extended balcony). It all depends on the ship and sail date.

If you are willing to do a guarantee cabin you can book cheaper rates that way. Chances are you will be upgraded, you just don't know your location on ship until close to sail date.

Is it possible to have received your docs, with a cabin number listed, and then find out you have been upgraded when you get to the ship?

Is it possible to have received your docs, with a cabin number listed, and then find out you have been upgraded when you get to the ship?

Yes that's possible but rare. Usually your cabin would stay the same once docs are sent out.

Archived