Mariner Balcony Cabins

royal promenade is deck 5-

deck 8 is a nice location - do you like to take the stairs or do you mostly use the elevator? deck 6 is close to night time acitivities and makes it easy to pop back in the cabin for something or a rest room break- deck 8 is kind of in the middle, i guess you could say? we have done deck 6 and deck 7 and deck 9 on voyager class- liked deck 6 best so far-

Deck 8 is fine. There really isn't a bad balcony cabin. Some people say that on Deck 10, you can hear activity (like chairs being moved around and general cleaning) on the public decks above, but I've been on Deck 10 twice and it was very quiet. I would pick whichever deck I could be closer to the center bank of elevators/stairs.

Annie, we will be just below you and Del (winncove) in 7324. Please join our roll call!

To the OP--I think decks 7 or 8 are perfect for a balcony location, you are in the middle of everything here. We were in middle of the hump 7618 last February, and loved it!

Daisy,

We had Deck 6 on AOS (port side, and really liked it). Then had Deck 8 on Mariner last year. I noticed the rocking a little more, but that may be attributed to rough seas the first few days of that particular cruise and I get queasy easy (no pun intended :D ). So, it was back to Deck 6 on Mariner this year, and I had an easier time of it, and we'll probably stick with that level more often. Mariner balcony was glass and nicer than AOS. Promenade cabins are on decks 6,7,8 I think. If ships movement does not bother you, then go for Deck 8! Heck I am just happy to be on a balcony!!

:cool:

Annie, we will be just below you and Del (winncove) in 7324. Please join our roll call!

To the OP--I think decks 7 or 8 are perfect for a balcony location, you are in the middle of everything here. We were in middle of the hump 7618 last February, and loved it!

Thanks KittieMom! I* have been on 2 cruises and have not been on a "roll-call"; I will be happy to check in one this; please link me when you have time. I would love to converse with fellow passengers before the cruise!

I am kinda stupid when it comes to computers; thanks for your help!

:cool:

Thanks KittieMom! I* have been on 2 cruises and have not been on a "roll-call"; I will be happy to check in one this; please link me when you have time. I would love to converse with fellow passengers before the cruise!

I am kinda stupid when it comes to computers; thanks for your help!

We have 7322 in Sept. & 7620 in Jan.08, can't beat the hump cabins.

Annie if you scroll to the top of this page and click on Royal caribbean ROLL CALL forums...Then click on Mariner of the seas...find your cruise date and join in.

Enjoy...HAPPY CRUISING! :)

We have deck 8 on our upcoming May trip on the Mariner. I was told by the TA that when you walk along the hallway, on deck 8, you can look down and see the Promanade. That would be a whole lot better than walking along the hall passing cabin after cabin after cabin. Can anyone confirm if it is correct that you can see the Promanade from the hallway of deck 8?

Thanks, Karen

Karen,

We were on Deck 8 of Mariner last year and I do not recall being able to look down and see the Promenade Deck while walking down the hallway. When you get to the elevators, there is an area where you can do so, or when crossing from port side to starboard side you can look out across the Promenade. Hope this helps!

We were in 9622 (9th deck hump cabin) in February this year - LOVED the location and it was central to everything! Just a few flights up for meals (Windjammer and specialty restaurants), pool and sports deck and a few flights down for shopping and main dining room. I can't say enough about our location! :D I wanna go AGAIN!!!

Archived