Looking for ideas

DeniceRG

Hi all!

We like to travel during the first couple of weeks of December. Last year, we did a Christmas Markets River Cruise on the Danube. We are looking for ideas for this December. Are considering Egypt and the Nile, so if anyone has done that, please post with your recommendations. And anywhere else too! We are pretty open!

Thanks!!

Denice

We just returned from our trip on the Nile. By all means do it!!! Try doing your own air, especially coming all the way from CA. We live in Ohio and that 9 1/2 hr. trip Frankfort-Dulles was a nightmare. That was enough that we will never take a lines air again. We spent 2 nites at the Cairo Marriott---wonderful, 7 nites on the Nile---awesome and then 2 more nites back at the Marriott. Our only regret not spending an extra nite in Cairo to really be able to explore the Khan. The guides stay with you the entire time on the ship, so they quickly get to know you and your pace. We never felt rushed on any of our shore trips. The buses were all clean and had working a/c. Splurge on the trip to Abu Simbel. It was definitely worth it. There are many lines doing the Nile, as Steamboats always says--check the itinerary, the what is included for the price and then call your TA. Travel safely and enjoy.

Pat

Built my own Egypt/Nile cruise. I bought two Boston/Cairo tickets on Skyauction and used Globus in country. Not sure it was the trip of a lifetime but it sure was one of them. A spectacular place to go. My GCT experiences since then have been very good. I would use them.

Archived