Why not join the fun?

M&MCruisin

Hello all...What could possibly be more fun than cruisin? And talking cruisin is so much fun and a great way to make the wait sooooo much better. So I am curious why the Roll Call Boards for HAL seem much slower than other lines? Its not because HAL cruisers arent fun, because We are...so anyone going on the March 1, 2008 Eastern Caribbean Cruise...come join the roll call board and help me chat the time away!

See you on the Sea!

Hello all...What could possibly be more fun than cruisin? And talking cruisin is so much fun and a great way to make the wait sooooo much better. So I am curious why the Roll Call Boards for HAL seem much slower than other lines? Its not because HAL cruisers arent fun, because We are...so anyone going on the March 1, 2008 Eastern Caribbean Cruise...come join the roll call board and help me chat the time away!

See you on the Sea!

Your cruise is 11 months out. Maybe you are the one and only who has booked and is aware that CC exists. What ship are you sailing?

Your cruise is 11 months out. Maybe you are the one and only who has booked and is aware that CC exists. What ship are you sailing?

Hi Hammybee! I am on the Zuiderdam. I didnt figure a roll call would be out that quick, but I did start one. Hope others join in soon. Cruise Critic is so much fun.

Actually, so many have booked (not sure if they know about cc) that the 6:15 dining was completely booked and the wait list was closed because too many were on it. I ended up booking the 5:45 dining.

When I was talking about the boards being slower was because there arent that many roll call boards started for cruises even this year and the main HAL board seems to be a little slower than I have seen on other boards. Just curious as to why. No big deal, Im sure I will have just as much fun chatting on this board as I did Princess and NCL. Hope you have a great day.

Happy Sailing!

Can't speak for anyone but myself but it's a funny thing with me.

I love coming here to this Board but in all our cruises, I have only gone to even see if there was a roll call for any cruise on which we were booked maybe 2 or 3 times.

Noordam's, of course, held special interest for me; there's a Veendam one I've posted to and now the Eurodam's Inaugural. Other than those three Roll Calls, I doubt I even read any of them.

I never got into them initially because everyone was planning their Meet and Greet for just after Life Boat Drill which is a time I would never be able to go. I figured why bother with the roll call as I knew I wouldn't be going to their gathering. I think that's a very inconvenient meeting time.

Noordam's was set for the first sea day, which was the day after embarkation. That was great. Gave us a chance to meet early in the cruise and way more convenient time for most people.

So......maybe there are others like me who don't like the 'After Life Boat Meet and Greet' time so don't bother with the Roll Call?? Don't know if that is the case or not.

I agree with you! That is a very inconvenient time for a meet n greet. I think the first Sea Day is fantastic, which is generally the day after you leave, but not always. We had the best time at our NCL meet n greet. I made fun things for each member to take home as well as other people did too. We had a voluntary gift exchange, which was alot of fun and I had a mingling game planned, which by the time so many started to come, the game fizzled out, but it worked its purpose. We had a great turnout. I think there was at least 40 people there. I had handmade invitations delivered to each stateroom as well as a little surprise and the crew was really into it, so 5 officers showed up for the party! It was great. Maybe I can convince others to join me on the roll call board for the March 1, 2008 sailing. I'll try to work my magic and get some officers to attend again. Its sure to be a great time!

Thanks for posting everyone!

Because our Roll Call for Noordam was so large (over 100 people), the Captain, Hotel Manager, Guest Relations Manager, Cruise Director and I'm sorry but I'm probably forgetting other Officers/crew came to the Meet and Greet. It was great. It was a Reunion Cruise for many who had sailed on the Inaugural Voyage so it was particularly special.

It's the only one I ever remember attending.

Once on Volendam, I had the chance to meet MichMike who posts here and his wife and their friends. We set up to meet at Dolphin Bar on a certain day and one other CC'er with whom we were traveling had a chance to meet eachother.

That's it for me though.

We are doing back-to-backs on Maasdam in June. :) What is interesting is the first week of the b-to-b was supposed to be an HAL Group cruise but it never developed. We chose to continue on with our plans and sail anyway.......We love Maasdam. ;)

Hope your roll call gets more active as the time gets closer.

I was wondering the same thing. I started the roll call for our 12/1/07 Noordam cruise and we currently have 14 people, but not a lot of conversation. I checked back to our roll call for our Noordam cruise last December and discovered that it wasn't started (by Navy_Chief) until June 1, so I guess we are still quite early. We had 30 people by the end of June and ended up with about 75. I think 30 or so showed up for the M&G on the first sea day along with the officers mentioned in a previous post. It was very nice. We stayed more or less in touch with a dozen or so other CC'ers throughout the cruise including 5 who were seated with us at dinner.

I hope the activity on our roll call picks up soon! All the conversation helped pass the time waiting for embarkation day!

We had such a great roll call for our Rotterdam - Black Sea cruise last October that it is still going as a chat forum.

Roll calls are good for excursion planning and sharing too. It's nice to know other people on board before you get there. We had an informal meet during sail away from Venice since we were all going to be on deck anyway and then two more meets on sea days during the cruise. There were about 35-40 of us altogether.

I've started one for our Volendam - Panama Canal transit in October but there isn't much action yet.

Archived