Just a RUMOR that the Holiday is to be sold

Dixe Lee

This is being posted on another board - please don't kill the messenger :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This rumor did come from a good source. Till Carnival announces it, I will call it a "rumor".

Carnival is planing to announce they are selling the Holiday later THIS year. It will be replaced with another Carnival Ship. I was told the name, but I don't remember. It was not one of their new ships. It was just a class above the Holiday. They are hoping to have ALL this done by the end of 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hope this pans out. We are only 45min. to Mobile! We only cruise the Holiday because its so near. We have really enjoyed the Holiday and will hate to see it go. But, I would like to see one with better stabilizers etc. !

Any way, if anyone hears any thing else about this, please post it. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just wanted to share this with all of you. I, for one, would be happy if they simply kept the Holiday and added another larger ship to sail out of Mobile so there would be a little more variety and, hopefully, a different itinerary.

We just sailed on The Holiday,March 22. We heard many people speaking of it. We heard some people say their waiter told them. We asked our waiter and he very carefully said that yes they also had heard it may be sold.

I have heard the same rumor....also coming from a good source. I heard Aug 2007 & Fantasy will be moving to Mobile. Very curious to see what ship will be placed in Nola now. ;)

Yep that what's I heard also.

Hmmm maybe a bigger ship back in NOLA ?

Oh my. My favorite. If true, it doesn't come as any surprise, as I've been thinking an announcement would be made in the near future. I suppose they have to get rid of the smallest and oldest at some point...poor little Holiday. Guess I'll just have to go ahead and book another cruise on her!

I wouldn't think a newer ship coming into Mobile would have a different itinerary. FL cruises cover the Bahamas, etc., and the distance from Mobile is about right for another MX cruise to take over the Holiday's schedule.

Yeah, I think I'll give my PVP a call and book that cruise today.:)

Oh my. My favorite. If true, it doesn't come as any surprise, as I've been thinking an announcement would be made in the near future. I suppose they have to get rid of the smallest and oldest at some point...poor little Holiday. Guess I'll just have to go ahead and book another cruise on her!

I wouldn't think a newer ship coming into Mobile would have a different itinerary. FL cruises cover the Bahamas, etc., and the distance from Mobile is about right for another MX cruise to take over the Holiday's schedule.

LOL I have been sitting on this rumor since Sat & didn't want to be the one to tell you since I know how you love that ship. When I heard the news, my comment was.....That is Cotton's fav ship.....guess she better book it again soon. :)

Interesting thread; love to know just how reliable those sources are. If the Fantasy does come to Mobile, will the Triumph replace her in New Orleans. Surely they won't be putting a Destiny Class ship on 4 and 5 day itineraries, or would they?

Interesting thread; love to know just how reliable those sources are. If the Fantasy does come to Mobile, will the Triumph replace her in New Orleans. Surely they won't be putting a Destiny Class ship on 4 and 5 day itineraries, or would they?

Since the rumor mill is up and running......I heard that Carnival was planning on moving a Destiny class ship into Galveston to replace the Ecstacy on the 4 and 5 day itineraries. Don't know if it's true, but if they are going to move ships around, they might as well include Galveston in the mix.

It doesn't shock me that Holiday is the next to leave but what upsets me is that it's happening so quickly. I already have a Jan 2008 booked on the Holiday for that very purpose, to sail on her before she was taken out of Carnival's service.

I also was excited b/c since it's a small ship w/ a 4 day sailing I was able to afford a suite. I am truly going to cry if they cancel my sailing.

Since the rumor mill is up and running......I heard that Carnival was planning on moving a Destiny class ship into Galveston to replace the Ecstacy on the 4 and 5 day itineraries. Don't know if it's true, but if they are going to move ships around, they might as well include Galveston in the mix.

I would like that change, gives me another new ship to sail on out of Galveston. :D

As long as they replace the Fantasy with something in NOLA, I'm good.

It doesn't shock me that Holiday is the next to leave but what upsets me is that it's happening so quickly. I already have a Jan 2008 booked on the Holiday for that very purpose, to sail on her before she was taken out of Carnival's service.

I also was excited b/c since it's a small ship w/ a 4 day sailing I was able to afford a suite. I am truly going to cry if they cancel my sailing.

Look at the bright side. If they send it to P&O Australia like the Jubilee, you could do a south Pacific on it. How cool would that be? :)

I am questioning the truth in this rumour. After reading this thread, I checked cruise dates for the Holiday on Carnival's website. They have cruises scheduled on the Holiday until 04/30/2009. If the were going to sell her by the end of 2007, would they have scheduled all these cruises?

I have heard the same rumor....also coming from a good source. I heard Aug 2007 & Fantasy will be moving to Mobile. Very curious to see what ship will be placed in Nola now. ;)

I keep hearing that they're pulling out of NOLA all together .... ship channel is too difficult/dangerous ....

If it is true, and the Fantasy did go to Mobile...then the Triumph could come to New Orleans as planned and do a 7 day!!!:D

LHP email me at mrbit at earthlink.net

I love the Holiday, she is my fav. I did hear the rumor as well from my waiter, but do not give it weight as having the little ship that could has a certian flare and feel to it.

I keep hearing that they're pulling out of NOLA all together .... ship channel is too difficult/dangerous ....

Just built a new cruise terminal & parking garage....with another new terminal under construction. I visit there often & really don't believe Carnival is going to leave.

We had the Fantasy switched for our Jan 2007 cruise when the Sensation had problems so now I am about to book Fantasy out of Nola again for next May & if they change ships......fine with me. Also had Conquest out of Nola moved to Gulfport for my first time. Second time.....Conquest was moved to Galveston. Just get me on a ship to some place warm & sunny. :D

I am questioning the truth in this rumour. After reading this thread, I checked cruise dates for the Holiday on Carnival's website. They have cruises scheduled on the Holiday until 04/30/2009. If the were going to sell her by the end of 2007, would they have scheduled all these cruises?

Guess you missed the part about replacing it with another ship.

I understand the replacing with another ship, but if it's a different class, how do they go about assigning rooms when you've booked based on the deck plans of the Holiday. I'm about to purchase a cruise in October - can't decide between Holiday and Inspiration - and now, I'm really torn.

I understand the replacing with another ship, but if it's a different class, how do they go about assigning rooms when you've booked based on the deck plans of the Holiday.

Well in this case it's quite easy. Every other class of Carnival's ships has more of every cabin category that the Holiday has. So they'll just move everyone to the same category on the replacement ship.

Well in this case it's quite easy. Every other class of Carnival's ships has more of every cabin category that the Holiday has. So they'll just move everyone to the same category on the replacement ship.

I did notice that the Verandah deck suites are classed as cat 12 while on Fantasy class they are Cat 11. That would stir the pot ;)

I did notice that the Verandah deck suites are classed as cat 12 while on Fantasy class they are Cat 11. That would stir the pot ;)

I bet Carnival would put those folks into the Cat 12's on the replacement ship to avoid a problem. The Cat 12's on Fantasy-class vessels are much nicer than those on Holiday-class, so no one would complain.

Come and join us on the July 30 sailing; love to meet 'ya!

Archived