Transportation from Heathrow to hotel

Since we've booked our airfare independent of the cruiseline, we need transportation from the airport to the hotel for this August. As we will have several bags for our long cruise, what are our choices and costs involved - such as taxi, shuttle or private car?

We currently booked the ship's transfer from the hotel to Dover where we pick up the ship, but were wondering if a private car or smaller shuttle mght be a better idea. Would love your suggestions!!

Since we've booked our airfare independent of the cruiseline, we need transportation from the airport to the hotel for this August. As we will have several bags for our long cruise, what are our choices and costs involved - such as taxi, shuttle or private car?

We currently booked the ship's transfer from the hotel to Dover where we pick up the ship, but were wondering if a private car or smaller shuttle mght be a better idea. Would love your suggestions!!

A taxi from Heathrow into London will be exorbitant, in my opinion. The least expensive way is to take the tube, but I expect from your post that you'd rather not do that. I'm not familiar with the various car services, but I have seen some posts that highly recommend them.

You could also try the Heathrow Express, but I suspect that might be not your style, just as I believe you're not looking to take the tube.

Sorry I couldn't offer more substantive info.

We booked Krest transport through londontown.com and were very, very happy with them. Punctual and extremely nice driver.

Londontown.com has a transport estimator, and they will give you several choices and prices. Ours was supposed to be like a shuttle where they would pick up several clients and take them to their hotels, but we were the only ones. They meet you inside the airport.

Archived