Should I "Don't Worry, Be Happy?"

Travelight

I just noticed tonight that our cruise price has dropped $40/pp. We've already made final payment through an on-line TA. Is it worth the effort to call them to see if we can get a credit for the difference or any on-board credit? Or should I just pretend to myself that I never saw the cheaper price and be happy and content that I'm getting to go on a cruise? :o

I just noticed tonight that our cruise price has dropped $40/pp. We've already made final payment through an on-line TA. Is it worth the effort to call them to see if we can get a credit for the difference or any on-board credit? Or should I just pretend to myself that I never saw the cheaper price and be happy and content that I'm getting to go on a cruise? :o

Travelight,

We booked direct with Carnival and I noticed a price drop tonight on our cruise this Saturday and called and got on board credit with no hassles at all. It they'd have declined, I'd have thanked them and went happily about my business, but they thanked me credited me and told me to call back if it drops again. :)

I also booked thru carnival and our cruise dropped 60 dollar per person. My PVP didnt hesitate to get me our 120 dollar obc. If your TA would contact carnival I believe she can get you OBC too. Either way have a great cruise.

I would jump on anything that might give me OBC. Since you've made final payment, you won't get any refund, but the OBCs are very nice to have.

I don't know how the online agencies do something like this; so you'd have to check directly w/them... I go thru a Carnival PVP only, and got OBC only three days before a cruise.

Give it a shot...and good luck.:)

Well, I just called my on-line TA. She said that since we've paid final payment, no refund will be coming our way. I asked her to please check on OBC. She said she will e-mail me with the info. She didn't seem really too happy with my request. I asked if I could call Carnival myself and request it. She said they wouldn't do anything for me that only a TA could make the request. Oh well, I'll just wait to see what happens next.:rolleyes:

Well, I just called my on-line TA. She said that since we've paid final payment, no refund will be coming our way. I asked her to please check on OBC. She said she will e-mail me with the info. She didn't seem really too happy with my request. I asked if I could call Carnival myself and request it. She said they wouldn't do anything for me that only a TA could make the request. Oh well, I'll just wait to see what happens next.:rolleyes:

That's weird...I've always heard of being able to get OBC from the price difference. If it doesn't work out, just be happy it's a small amount.

That's weird...I've always heard of being able to get OBC from the price difference. If it doesn't work out, just be happy it's a small amount.

I'v heard the opposite. The OP said she booked with an online agency, most of which are very hard to get a price reduction with. Online agencies are better for last minute if you love the price and just want a quick booking and dont expect a price drop.

Iv booked with VTG 3 times and didnt ask, but have since heard here they are hard to get a refund in price from for instance. The OP doesnt say which online agency they used, but most are not good about giving money back?

I just received an e-mail from my on-line TA. She said that she got us an upgrade from a 6A (guar) to a 6C, "which is a much better category." So at least the call resulted in something good. No OBC, though:( . I'm thinking that maybe next time, I'll book directly with the cruise line, in case the prices drop. A plus with this TA, though, is that we received free travel insurance, too. That is worth quite a bit, I think.

So I'm happy!:)

I'v heard the opposite. The OP said she booked with an online agency, most of which are very hard to get a price reduction with. Online agencies are better for last minute if you love the price and just want a quick booking and dont expect a price drop.

Iv booked with VTG 3 times and didnt ask, but have since heard here they are hard to get a refund in price from for instance. The OP doesnt say which online agency they used, but most are not good about giving money back?

Just a guess but I'm betting the OP didn't mention who she booked with because her post would get pulled.:)

Bill

Archived