Sleep Inn - Dania, FL Review

Ltvscout

I just checked the Hampton Inn with the idea that I might switch my reservation but it's all booked - we are sailing the weekend of the boat show in FLL:( . I ended up with the Sleep Inn booked almost as soon as reservations opened because things were either already booked up that weekend or $600 a night:eek: . I was feeling pretty good about it but am not so sure now. I think were are stuck with it though so hopefully they will have gotten things together by now.

I was feeling pretty good about it but am not so sure now. I think were are stuck with it though so hopefully they will have gotten things together by now.

You'll be happy with the Sleep Inn in Dania. It's a nice property in a great, safe location. Take whatever bad you've heard with a grain of salt as the good and great reviews far outweigh the bad ones for this property. ;)

I agree VACruizer. We are going to have to take our chances. We are also booked that week. I would think that the hotel chain (at least) would own up to the bad experiences. I work in a customer related field & I know the importance of responding to a customer's complaints. I appreciate being taken care of in all respects - I want a clean room, hospitable staff & prompt service. I would hope that Choice Hotels would want us to enjoy our visit. However, what bothers me most is the lack of a response from management from the top on down.

Bequia knows the area & the reviews have been great until lately so let's hope our experience is a positive one. I am so looking forward to this cruise.

I agree VACruizer. We are going to have to take our chances. We are also booked that week. I would think that the hotel chain (at least) would own up to the bad experiences. I work in a customer related field & I know the importance of responding to a customer's complaints. I appreciate being taken care of in all respects - I want a clean room, hospitable staff & prompt service. I would hope that Choice Hotels would want us to enjoy our visit. However, what bothers me most is the lack of a response from management from the top on down.

Bequia knows the area & the reviews have been great until lately so let's hope our experience is a positive one. I am so looking forward to this cruise.

Chances are we will be fine. Countdown clocks are gone again so I can't see yours - are you still on the Halloween sailing with us? I've kind of given up on the roll call.

You bet, we're still on the Halloween cruise. And, yea, I check out the roll call every now & then but it's not the same as other roll calls I've been on. Any interest in emailing each other? Let me know & I'll pass mine along to you. Not sure what happened to my countdown; I'll have to have DH put it back.

You bet, we're still on the Halloween cruise. And, yea, I check out the roll call every now & then but it's not the same as other roll calls I've been on. Any interest in emailing each other? Let me know & I'll pass mine along to you. Not sure what happened to my countdown; I'll have to have DH put it back.

I thought maybe it was just me:o . Email sounds great. I don't want to post my main one here - i really need to set one up for public postings and go from there. If you have one you're willing to post I'd be happy to email. Otherwise I will set something up and post back here.

I think the countdowns are working again - they were all down for a while. I did find a site today with Sleep Inn reviews most of which were fine.

VACruizer - I'll post my work one here as we have a very good security set up. Then when you email me back I'll send you my home one. Last year we did it this way & it really worked out well. We still all keep in touch from time to time as we are avid cruisers.:) Email is wcain@houcks.com.

Just to add my two cents here....

We also had a bad experience at the Sleep Inn (April 07, day before Easter). I never bothered to comment on our stay because I just assumed ours was an isolated incident....stuff happens. But after I read this thread, I felt I would add our experience here also. This may be late in coming (I haven't been on Cruise Critic in a while) but maybe some future travelers will find it helpful.

When we arrived at the hotel (late at night due to flight delays) the employee at the front desk was very rude and continued his cell phone conversation (in another language) the whole time while checking us in.

It was obvious he was quite angry he actually had to do some work and getting an answer out of him for the few questions I had was like pulling teeth. I let it go and was not going to judge the hotel based on one employees behavior....that was until we arrived in our room.

Our room was absolutely disgusting!!! It was diry, smelled like mold, stale cigarettes (non smoking room) and other smells that should not be mentioned. I called to the front desk, and of course the employee could not be bothered to answer the phone, so I went down in person. What a surprise, he was still on his very important cell phone call! Of course he couldn't move us, that was his last room and aren't we lucky we got it! Sure we were since we have had this reservation for 4 months, thanks for nothing.

Since nothing could be done, we made the best of a bad situation and went to bed looking forward to our cruise. Fast forward to next morning.

Free breakfast....ok selection, but very small room with not enough tables or room to walk around. Oh well....beggars can't be choosers was our attitude until the woman tending to the breakfast area yelled at my son for leaving an empty used cup at the counter (he didn't do it, the grown man before him did). I'm not talking about a little scolding, I'm talking about yelling like she was his mother. Frankly I was too tired to deal with the situation and my son just said "sorry" even though he had nothing to do with it.

Back up to the room to gather belongings and get ready to leave. The toilet now decides it's not going to flush and starts to overflow. I turn off the water valve and put towels down and call the front desk....."someone will be right there" was their response. Well, 20 minutes later, no help had arrived so we just left.

We called a cab and we were on our way and had a fantastic vacation on the very clean and fabulous Caribbean Princess!

Long story short.....Sleep Inn stinks (literally) in our opinion.

For anyone that has followed this thread...not many if we're on page 3:rolleyes:

But - Sleep Inn has failed to address 3 emails sent to them....other than the automated "Your email is important to us".

Being someone who bases their business on providing exceptional customer service - I'm having a fit here.

More news to follow as it comes in....

Thanks for the support, but why are you stuck? Is there something going on there that there aren't any other rooms?

I sent two emails tonight through two different addresses asking why I'm not getting a reply. I DID get a reply..."My concerns are very important to them...." Where have I heard this before?

I appologize to anyone who thinks I'm beating a dead horse. Having spent over 20 years in customer service, it really irks me. I should do the worst possible thing to them and just stay there....I don't think they'd want me as a guest!

If I ever hear anything, I'll post it.

Deb

I live very close to this motel, and I have also recommended this hotel to people. If they have gone down hill, I want to know.

I think I will drop in on them Sunday afternoon (When they have clean rooms). I will show them my Travel Agent card and ask for a site inspection. I will be happy to show them some of these comments, because I feel they must fix these problems before they lose all our business.

Linda

I would really like them to fix there problems before my stay in October. We are paying for 2 suites (2queens and 1sofa). We still have time to switch to a different hotel. I can't wait until Sunday for your inspection.

Excellent! I look forward to your post after your visit.

I hate to see any place loose business if they are reputable. Just seems that the problems aren't just with the hotel but with the whole management system. Why would you have such a "I don't care what you think" attitude with customers? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'll be looking forward to the results of your visit, too, Linda. I agree with Northshorecruisers, what bothers me the most is the management's response (or lack thereof) regarding these concerns.

Along with VACruizer, we do not have many options available to us the night of our reservation due to the boat show going on during that timeframe so many of the hotels are booked.

It seems customer service at anywhere from restaurants to hotels are going down. I just had a problem with customer service from the last hotel I stayed at in nyc. Lindanick, I hope that you get treated well by the Sleep Inn and especially the manager. I also hope he takes into consideration the posts we all have said about him.

Thanks for the support, but why are you stuck? Is there something going on there that there aren't any other rooms?

I sent two emails tonight through two different addresses asking why I'm not getting a reply. I DID get a reply..."My concerns are very important to them...." Where have I heard this before?

I appologize to anyone who thinks I'm beating a dead horse. Having spent over 20 years in customer service, it really irks me. I should do the worst possible thing to them and just stay there....I don't think they'd want me as a guest!

If I ever hear anything, I'll post it.

Deb

We are there the weekend of the boat show. Almost everything is booked or way too expensive for a one night stay (and we won't even be arriving until almost midnight.)

I agree with you on customer service. If the management can't even be bothered to respond that's a huge problem and says volumes about how they are running their property. My view may also be a little tainted as the last time we stayed in a "Choice" hotel (a Comfort Suites about 5 years ago) we had a bad experience and I emailed corporate only to be told that all hotels were individually owned and they would pass along my comments. It was basically a "we don't care" attitude from corporate.

We stayed at this hotel on July 21, 2007 which was the day before our cruise. I had read both positive & negative comments, but more were positive. We didn't have any problems. The only thing we didn't like was the eggs at breakfast. Didn't taste like real eggs. Other than that, we had a good experience. We used the shuttle to the hotel & also to the pier. Will follow this thread. Hope you get some response.

Gail

Linda,

Did you get a chance to visit the hotel this weekend?

I can put up with alot...but bad service for my hard earned dollars doesn't do it. I'm sure I will be sending a long "What it means to offer excellent Customer Service" to their corp offices.

Our dollars speak more than we can imagine. I'm very glad we moved our reservation.

Good Morning All,

I am going to try to get there tommorrow (Saturday). I'm going to call today to see if I can get an appointment with the manager.

I have a client that is here for the week-end, she has a small group going on a cruise next year and I wanted her to use this hotel, however not after I have read all the problems. I cannot take the risk of losing clients.:eek:

Linda

Archived