Sleep Inn - Dania, FL Review

Ltvscout

The Sleep Inn seems to be getting some pretty bad hits here, but you are not moving in for a month. We booked a total of six rooms for a large group 11 months out and are paying $71.99 before taxes. Early booking is the key to low rates!!

So let me see what we will get. Picked up at the airport, the room, breakfast, a nice area by all accounts and shuttle to the port. That folks is a good deal no matter how you look at it. :) :)

Okay everybody, lindanick is probably at the Sleep Inn now. Let's wish her good luck with the manager. Hope he will take into consideration everything said on this thread, and I hope she gets to see everything she wants too.

The Sleep Inn seems to be getting some pretty bad hits here, but you are not moving in for a month. We booked a total of six rooms for a large group 11 months out and are paying $71.99 before taxes. Early booking is the key to low rates!!

So let me see what we will get. Picked up at the airport, the room, breakfast, a nice area by all accounts and shuttle to the port. That folks is a good deal no matter how you look at it. :) :)

I agree to an extent, but there's no excuse for filthy rooms or rude management no matter what the price. Yes, I only have to stay there 10 hours or so. But I still refuse to pay $72.00 for the privelege of someone else's filth. There are enough good reports here that more than likely we will have a perfectly good stay. But I am still very curious as to the outcome of Linda's inspection.

I'm baaaaaacccckkkk!!

When I pulled into the parking lot I was surprised at how nice the hotel was. We peeked at the pool and it is small but it was clean. The jacuzzi did not look good. People were out by the pool and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

We went to the front desk and the gentlemen was very nice and asked if we were checking in, I mentioned I had an appointment with Vic (Actually his name was Vick Patel. Very young, I would say in his twenties. Dressed nice. I introduced my self and gave him my card.

He showed me the gym, which has three machines and a tv. It was nice and cool in there. We then went up to the second floor and he showed us a non smoking room (Standard). It did not smell of smoke, there was some cleaning fluid smell, but not strong. Then he showed us a suite with two beds and a fold out sofa. This room would sleep six. I could see that the rooms are a little dated, but not too bad. Then we went up to the third floor and he showed us a smoking room and another non smoking room. All the rooms had a frigerator and a microwave. I asked if they had coffee makers in the room, he said yes.

He showed me the snack machine and coke machine on every floor.

He seemed like a very nice young man, was pleasent. Now I proceeded to talk to him about some past problems that have been on cruise critic. I asked if he had heard of cruise critic and he said that some customers had mentioned it but he never saw it.

I told him of some of the severe problems that some had encountered.

1. Poop in the bed.

2. desk clerk that could give a sh**

3. smelly rooms

4. toilets overflowing

5. Being late to be picked up at airport

6. I even told him of the desk clerk who had given the man sheets to

make up his own bed.

7. The worst being that he never responded to the complaints. I told him a simple apology and I will fix it!!! Nada from the managment. I explained to him that NO ONE would even reply to emails sent to him.

He kinda of looked at me in disbelief. I told him I don't lie and here is the proof. I handed him the posts of the complaints.

I told him that I understand that there are two sides to every story and I wanted to hear his. I told him to go to Cruise Critic and read all about it. I said I know that if this word got out, that the business will go down the tubes. I told him that he should ask the guests when the check in ask how they found you. I told him the majority of the people on Friday and Saturday nights comes from Cruise Critic.

I told him customer relations with management is a key to the success of a business and he needs to get it together or step out.

He was very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say. I do not know if he is new or not. His name on his badge looked like it was pasted over another name. (Thats what makes me think he is new.)

People that are staying there looked happy and addressed Vick by name when they saw him. So maybe things will change now.

I would stay there.

I am not saying anyone did not have legitment complaints, because I would have been in his face if I had any. I hope they will be fixed. I assured him that if he would just respond in some way to complaints, then they could work on them, not ignore them.

Let me know. if he responds.

I hope this has helped in some ways, I know it will not help to the past guests, but maybe to the future guests.

Linda

:)

:p

I'm baaaaaacccckkkk!!

When I pulled into the parking lot I was surprised at how nice the hotel was. We peeked at the pool and it is small but it was clean. The jacuzzi did not look good. People were out by the pool and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

We went to the front desk and the gentlemen was very nice and asked if we were checking in, I mentioned I had an appointment with Vic (Actually his name was Vick Patel. Very young, I would say in his twenties. Dressed nice. I introduced my self and gave him my card.

He showed me the gym, which has three machines and a tv. It was nice and cool in there. We then went up to the second floor and he showed us a non smoking room (Standard). It did not smell of smoke, there was some cleaning fluid smell, but not strong. Then he showed us a suite with two beds and a fold out sofa. This room would sleep six. I could see that the rooms are a little dated, but not too bad. Then we went up to the third floor and he showed us a smoking room and another non smoking room. All the rooms had a frigerator and a microwave. I asked if they had coffee makers in the room, he said yes.

He showed me the snack machine and coke machine on every floor.

He seemed like a very nice young man, was pleasent. Now I proceeded to talk to him about some past problems that have been on cruise critic. I asked if he had heard of cruise critic and he said that some customers had mentioned it but he never saw it.

I told him of some of the severe problems that some had encountered.

1. Poop in the bed.

2. desk clerk that could give a sh**

3. smelly rooms

4. toilets overflowing

5. Being late to be picked up at airport

6. I even told him of the desk clerk who had given the man sheets to

make up his own bed.

7. The worst being that he never responded to the complaints. I told him a simple apology and I will fix it!!! Nada from the managment. I explained to him that NO ONE would even reply to emails sent to him.

He kinda of looked at me in disbelief. I told him I don't lie and here is the proof. I handed him the posts of the complaints.

I told him that I understand that there are two sides to every story and I wanted to hear his. I told him to go to Cruise Critic and read all about it. I said I know that if this word got out, that the business will go down the tubes. I told him that he should ask the guests when the check in ask how they found you. I told him the majority of the people on Friday and Saturday nights comes from Cruise Critic.

I told him customer relations with management is a key to the success of a business and he needs to get it together or step out.

He was very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say. I do not know if he is new or not. His name on his badge looked like it was pasted over another name. (Thats what makes me think he is new.)

People that are staying there looked happy and addressed Vick by name when they saw him. So maybe things will change now.

I would stay there.

I am not saying anyone did not have legitment complaints, because I would have been in his face if I had any. I hope they will be fixed. I assured him that if he would just respond in some way to complaints, then they could work on them, not ignore them.

Let me know. if he responds.

I hope this has helped in some ways, I know it will not help to the past guests, but maybe to the future guests.

Linda

:)

Glad to hear all went well with your visit. I stayed there last year and had no problems and I am staying there again in Oct.Glad to hear you found no problems with the Hotel or managment..Good Job Linday and Thank You

Thanks again for going to the Sleep Inn and addressing their problems with us. I'm glad to see everything went okay. I am staying there in October (Oct. 6) before the Freedom. I hope that can take into consideration some of the problems that you, lindanick addressed to him. Thanks again.

Sounds like a decent manager. Regardless, The Sleep Inn and Suites sells out practically every day. It's priced right for the budget minded person and for all intensive purposes is a really nice property. Be that as it may, whether or not Cruise Critic members stay at this property or not will have little impact on this properties success. If there are issues hopefully management will address them but judging from the many, many positive reviews it sounds like they're doing a good job already.

Thank you Linda We are booked there for Nov.10 for 1 nite before our Jewel cruise. I was considering changing hotel until I read you post about speaking to management. I feel alittle more positive about the Sleep Inn.

Thank you again

Judi :)

We went to the front desk and the gentlemen was very nice and asked if we were checking in, I mentioned I had an appointment with Vic (Actually his name was Vick Patel. Very young, I would say in his twenties. Dressed nice. I introduced my self and gave him my card. :)

Yup, that's the same manager that was there when we stayed there in March. He's the one that implied I was lying about the mess I found in the bed and that my kids were the ones that made the mess.

I stand by my original report. Our experience was just as I reported it.

We will not be staying at a Sleep Inn again. It would appear the old adage holds true, "You get what you pay for." Next time we'll pay for a nicer hotel and accept the fact we need to pay for our own transfers.

I will continue to strongly DISCOURAGE people from staying at this property.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn last March and found it ok, nothing great. The rooms showed wear (similar to the Amerisuite before the remodeling). The sheets were too short for the bed, toliet flushed when it felt like it, but it was for one night so no big deal. We did get a great rate and it was close to stores and restaurants so we booked it for this October and next March cruises. Also, got great rates.

After reading this thread and and other mention about the LaQuinta on 26th Avenue we checked into that hotel. The reviews good and we were able to get comparable rates to the Sleep Inn so we decided to cancel Sleep Inn and go with LaQuinta. Hope we made the right choice!

Ltvscout, Please don't think that I doubt one single word of your report. My visit to Vick Patel was to report these things, and to get him to respond to your complaints. I wanted him to see we were all a team, and our word does get around.

I know I said that the hotel would go down the tubes, that was an exgeration (Sp).

If I had experienced what you did, I would never stay there again either. Others have had complaints also. Now I hear that the Comfort Inn on Stirling rd is not so bad now. I think its because of all the problems, then they get it cleaned up. With many complaints on the Sleep Inn side, things will get done.

I'll be glad to help in any way in finding decent hotels in the area. I live here so its not a problem.

A little while back a gentlement inquired about an econo lodge on Taft st. Oh boy, my fingers could not work fast enough to tell him no, no, no. There was a murder across the street New Years Day. The motel has a 6 foot gated entry to the motel. You would not walk outside the motel. They also offered free transfers.

Linda

We're spending our precruise at Angela's (to be near the beach) and our after cruise at Hampton Inn Plantation (to take advantage of the free breakfast and free shuttles from the pier and to the airport, and proximity to the mall. They both have very good tripadvisor reviews..especially the Hampton Inn.

A little while back a gentlement inquired about an econo lodge on Taft st. Oh boy, my fingers could not work fast enough to tell him no, no, no. There was a murder across the street New Years Day. The motel has a 6 foot gated entry to the motel. You would not walk outside the motel. They also offered free transfers.

Linda

I also was thinking about that hotel before I found the Sleep Inn. I'm glad I found the Sleep Inn, but now I am seeking/looking for other options.

Yup, that's the same manager that was there when we stayed there in March. He's the one that implied I was lying about the mess I found in the bed and that my kids were the ones that made the mess.

I stand by my original report. Our experience was just as I reported it.

We will not be staying at a Sleep Inn again. It would appear the old adage holds true, "You get what you pay for." Next time we'll pay for a nicer hotel and accept the fact we need to pay for our own transfers.

I will continue to strongly DISCOURAGE people from staying at this property.

My question to you and maybe I misread your comments and that is if you had such a bad experience, why did you stay there again on your post cruise?

Thanks,

Robb

Ltvscout, Please don't think that I doubt one single word of your report. My visit to Vick Patel was to report these things, and to get him to respond to your complaints. I wanted him to see we were all a team, and our word does get around.

I know I said that the hotel would go down the tubes, that was an exgeration (Sp).

If I had experienced what you did, I would never stay there again either. Others have had complaints also. Now I hear that the Comfort Inn on Stirling rd is not so bad now. I think its because of all the problems, then they get it cleaned up. With many complaints on the Sleep Inn side, things will get done.

I'll be glad to help in any way in finding decent hotels in the area. I live here so its not a problem.

Linda

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to talk to the manager. I am convinced that I made the right decision to stay there. Now could you please tell me how far away is the nearest Total Wine store from Sleep Inn? Do you think that the Publix store accross from Sleep Inn sells wine and liquor at the same price? Your help is most appreciated.

Robb

My question to you and maybe I misread your comments and that is if you had such a bad experience, why did you stay there again on your post cruise?

Two reasons. I did not have time to search out another hotel the following morning due to the fact that I had a ship to catch. Number two, if I had tried to find a different hotel at the last minute during spring break I would've paid 3-5 times more than what I had paid for the post-cruise stay. I was betting that I wouldn't find **** in my bed a second time.

I have a room booked at the Sleep Inn for March 21 2008. I did so based on CC reviews, Trip Advisor and price. All the other places I checked are sky high in price due to Spring Break.

I went through a similar situation 3 years ago in San Diego. I booked two rooms through Priceline (so canceling wasn't an option w/out loosing $$$) at the US Grant Hotel. The reviews on Trip Advisor were mixed w/ some serious complaints as with the Sleep Inn. With much trepidation we went with it and it was all for naught as we had a fabulous three night stay.

Bad situations/service can happen at any hotel @ any price point on any given day...We can all have a bad day at work which can affect how we treat or respond to the people we come in contact with.

Archived