if you use priceline, check this website first

qiangf2

I know some of us will try to get a hotel at Seattle or Vancouver for pre- or post- cruise vacation. Using priceline could mean a lot of savings if we do it right. I once got a suite at Westin in Seattle for $90 on priceline. My secret? This website. http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

It is called BiddingForTravel.com. But don't ask me why they have such a weird web address.:confused:

It is place where winning bidders on Priceline post their winning price. For hotel, it also lists the name/star of each hotel divided up according to Priceline zoning rule. So, you will have better chance to win the bid without overpaying it if you know how much other people have paid for that hotel before.

Make sure you read their FAQ on bidding for hotel on Priceline. A very good strategy on placing bid for hotel.

http://p070.ezboard.com/Hotel-FAQ/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

Enjoy. :) :D

I know some of us will try to get a hotel at Seattle or Vancouver for pre- or post- cruise vacation. Using priceline could mean a lot of savings if we do it right. I once got a suite at Westin in Seattle for $90 on priceline. My secret? This website. http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

It is called BiddingForTravel.com. But don't ask me why they have such a weird web address.:confused:

It is place where winning bidders on Priceline post their winning price. For hotel, it also lists the name/star of each hotel divided up according to Priceline zoning rule. So, you will have better chance to win the bid without overpaying it if you know how much other people have paid for that hotel before.

Make sure you read their FAQ on bidding for hotel on Priceline. A very good strategy on placing bid for hotel.

http://p070.ezboard.com/Hotel-FAQ/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

Enjoy. :) :D

Great resource for those that don't know about it. This site has been around for quite a while. Do you know if Amber (icon is a Thumper Rabbit) still offers help to those in need?

Actually, I believe it is www.biddingfortravel.net not ".com". Either way it is a great site for info. Four pre cruise I just got Sheraton in Seattle for $110 which is an execellent price 'cause Seattle hotels are very high. For post cruise I got the Westin Seattle for $129. The lowest price I found the Sheraton for was $169 and Westin was $269.

Actually, I believe it is www.biddingfortravel.net not ".com". Either way it is a great site for info. Four pre cruise I just got Sheraton in Seattle for $110 which is an execellent price 'cause Seattle hotels are very high. For post cruise I got the Westin Seattle for $129. The lowest price I found the Sheraton for was $169 and Westin was $269.

Apparently all of the above addresses take you to Bidding For Travel - which is listed as http://www.biddingfortravel.com on their web site.

Use BetterBidding.Com

The other website is one of the nastiest webmasters I have ever encountered. She bans people because they don't answer her fast enough. She apparently thinks the world revolves around her. For a community that is supposed to be helpful, she definitely doesn't understand the word. Not that it matters, she's banned me because I didn't check back on her website within 24 hours of asking a question.

Use BetterBidding.Com

The other website is one of the nastiest webmasters I have ever encountered. She bans people because they don't answer her fast enough. She apparently thinks the world revolves around her. For a community that is supposed to be helpful, she definitely doesn't understand the word. Not that it matters, she's banned me because I didn't check back on her website within 24 hours of asking a question.

There are some people who agree with you and some who don't. Let's not prejudice newcomers. Obviously you have issues with her (and/or her with you). Personally I use the site for reference but I don't post there. But I don't cast stones either.

Moreso than your comments is an objective fact that the webmaster hasn't been seen or heard from in almost a year. The site is now pretty much run by volunteers and it is not really even moderated by the person you speak of.

There are some people who agree with you and some who don't. Let's not prejudice newcomers. Obviously you have issues with her (and/or her with you). Personally I use the site for reference but I don't post there. But I don't cast stones either.

Moreso than your comments is an objective fact that the webmaster hasn't been seen or heard from in almost a year. The site is now pretty much run by volunteers and it is not really even moderated by the person you speak of.

I can't tell you a thing about it's current state. I am stating a fact about my experience with the website where my crime was asking for help (ie posting).

I think people are adult enough to draw their own conclusions. And if they want to unban me, I will be able to do the same. But, I can't. And there is no one that I can talk to about it, because.... I can't get in.

The fact is, if I try to access that website it says "You have been banned from this Community." It says to talk to the administrator.. but since I can't get in.. I can't. My experience has been, dreadful. So, if it is a new team, let them unban me, so I can see if it has changed. Until then, I have to rely on my last experience.

Ephraim, most likely your ban was associated with the IP address of the computer/internet provider you used. There are "anonymizers" that will allow you to access but not log in or post to that site. Or just using a different computer would allow you access to the site, that is if you even want it.

My ID and my IP are both blocked. I figured that I was simply unwanted and started using BetterBidding since then. They do a decent job and don't seem to have the attitude that was prevalent at this particular website.

If it is a new management, they can clear the bans. They haven't, then they basically are agreeing with the bans put in place. I don't see why I need to bend over backwards to get information that is being provided at the BetterBidding website.

The owner's name was Sheryl Mexic. I even got her website featured in a magazine article for a major travel magazine. Now... I just have regrets.

Both of those web sites are great for researching how to bid on Priceline and Hotwire, but if you need to research what recent rooms have been going for you are pretty much out of luck as they are really not kept up to date and bidding for travel seems to get no moderator help at all. I did much better getting my info on recent winning bids on Priceline from these boards then either of those sites.

Archived