Meet and Mingle (strikes me odd)?

Folgy

I have posted for a year for the Aug. 08/04 Sailing on the Serenade to Alaska.

Although I met many very nice CCers cruising just before me nad just after I never met one poster on my sailing that posted there.

I have seen for the longest time 12 registered cruisers for meet and mingle. Now I just ckecked and now...............................

As of August 04, 2004, 18 guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Community Meet & Mingle for the Serenade Of The Seas sailing on 8/8/2004 .

I don't get it :confused:

Certain ships attract more people for the M&M than others. This is just my own observation, and not scientific in any way. It is not just on RCI. I noticed it on NCL boards also. For the Alaska cruises, maybe the clientele are not internet savvy, and haven't even found this board yet. For Adventure of the Sea, even though the ship was full with 3,600 passengers, we had 60 register. Even though our group was small, it is amazing how often you can run into someone on a ship as large as AOS, as well as in the Ports. Have you considered checking out the other boards out there and seeing if you can gather up some more people to join for the M&M? Sometimes people prefer the less busy boards because they are less intimidating, and easier to navigate. Bon Voyage.

I have been posting for months for the Sept. 5th Serenade cruise to Alaska. I have only met one other person that is going with us. Only 4 of us have signed up for the M&M. It makes me wonder who else is on board with us. I'm half way afraid the ship was booked by a large company or something... I know how you feel Folgy. Hopefully you'll be able to prvide some feedback when you return. Sue

I have searched high and Low for others on the Pacific Northwest/Alaska/M&M

and some other sites totaly away from Cruise Critic. (no luck)

It is just strange that 18 persons are registered on the Cruise Critic M&M registor for the cruise.

waaaaaaaaa :( (me sad)

I had such a great time on the Grandeur out of New Orleans this last January.Ther must have been thirty five of us and we all took turns saying where we were from and what our sign in names were.I had drinks and great convo throughout the cruise with some of them.

barbarajoy.........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!! I hope your wrong. :eek:

Archived