Did I get upgraded?

vowsatsea

I booked through a TA, so I can't get my cabin # from Carnival. However, for those of you that sign in through Carnival.com...there's that little box that says "Your Ship" and then under it, there is a link that says, "Carnival Miracle" (or the ship you'll sailing) and "Stateroom Details"

We booked an inside guarantee and prior to today, when I clicked on "Stateroom Details" it showed me the inside stateroom. Today, when I clicked on it, it's showing an Oceanview Stateroom..

Does this mean I've been upgraded?

Oooh! Nice! Have you gotten your docs yet? If not, your cabin number should be posted in there, hopefully, you were upgraded. Good luck!

Nope, I haven't gotten docs yet...and I heard that if you book through a TA, you can't see your cabin # on the Carnival website :confused:

Nope, I haven't gotten docs yet...and I heard that if you book through a TA, you can't see your cabin # on the Carnival website :confused:

The Inside Guarantee cabin you booked, did it start with a Cat.4a?

Fred

The Inside Guarantee cabin you booked, did it start with a Cat.4a?

Fred

Yeah...that's what it showed on my receipt, and it said my cabin was TBA. I kept checking the "stateroom details" on the carnival website and it always showed an inside stateroom. This is the first time something different came up.

Yeah...that's what it showed on my receipt, and it said my cabin was TBA. I kept checking the "stateroom details" on the carnival website and it always showed an inside stateroom. This is the first time something different came up.

Ok, I got a good feeling you got a Cat 5a with French Doors and with the Iifeboats sitting right outside, Its what they call a cabin with an Obstruction View. Try this, log on, go into Gifts and Services then enter your Booking number and try all of the Cat.5a cabins

4105 - 4155, 4188 - 4207 Chances are your names will come up.

Fred

Without a doubt, the ships with the BEST chance for upgrades from an IS or a 4A TBA are Spirit Class ships. There are relatively so few insides -- an most of them sell quick since they're the cheapest. There are an excess of 5As with French Doors, and 7As with obstructed balconies that people just don't request, so they are used all the time as cabins IS and OV folks get upgraded to.

Oh, and I agree... most likely a 5A for you.

Ok, I got a good feeling you got a Cat 5a with French Doors and with the Iifeboats sitting right outside, Its what they call a cabin with an Obstruction View. Try this, log on, go into Gifts and Services then enter your Booking number and try all of the Cat.5a cabins

Fred

I'll try that right now! Thanks. I won't mind if it's with an obstructed view. I'm just excited we have a window and more room!

Fred

Nope, my name did not come up. It also just showed up that under the picture in the link, it says 6a!

Got those cabin #s for me Fred? I'll try 'em too!

Nope, my name did not come up. It also just showed up that under the picture in the link, it says 6a!

Got those cabin #s for me Fred? I'll try 'em too!

Its all of the cabins I posted above, you need to go into the Gifts and Service section as if you are buying a gift. Try it there for each one.

4105 through 4155 etc. And if you know its a 6A, then try those, you can look them up on the website.

Fred

I booked through a TA, so I can't get my cabin # from Carnival. However, for those of you that sign in through Carnival.com...there's that little box that says "Your Ship" and then under it, there is a link that says, "Carnival Miracle" (or the ship you'll sailing) and "Stateroom Details"

We booked an inside guarantee and prior to today, when I clicked on "Stateroom Details" it showed me the inside stateroom. Today, when I clicked on it, it's showing an Oceanview Stateroom..

Does this mean I've been upgraded?

Yes it does and yes your have. Congradulations on a true upgrade. Enjoy your cruise and your window.

your name doesn't come up. You act like you are purchasing a gift for yourself. You put in your booking number than the numbers she gave you. It will say invalid booking number unless you hit your room and then it lets you buy that gift.

6a is not obstructed. Why not just call your TA and ask them to find out your cabin #, sounds like its been assigned.

I am. I'm waiting for a call back.

I put in 4105-4155 and 4188-4207. None of the numbers matched my booking # in the gift section.

I'd like to try the 6a cabins, but I don't know where to find the cabin #s to try :confused:

7A's are nice! Really, the obstruction is not all the bad. The lifeboat comes up about three feet from the bottom of the balcony. You can see out just fine, but you can't see down. Have a great time!

I went into the gift part and tried ALL cabin #s until one matched. Cabin #5158 matched...which means we got upgraded to a balcony (partially obstructed!)

Sweet !!! you scored a Catl 7a, even better, its a balcony that the floor of your balcony is flush with the top of the Life Boat, thats great. Now you have a view.

Fred

Thanks for all your help everyone! To go from a 4a to a 7a is amazing! We went from having no window at all to having a balcony! :D

I love you, Carnival!

Yeah, you did way better then me :D I went from a 4a to a 4e :( No biggie, Im that much closer to the Ice Cream machine :D

By the way I Fired the Upgrade Fairy too.:p

Fred

Archived