Emerald Madiden Voyage Review Info

Bassethound

Guest debbiejohncruise
Hi Debbie,

Yes, we were on that same gondola ride at 7:30 ....the sunset serenade. Yes, we did hear the dog howl from the window. I don't think it was meant for the singer though ... he had a fine tenor voice and yes, it was magical.

I think our next cruise will be Bermuda again late summer as it's one of our perennial favorites. A river cruise is also on the horizon .....would love to do tulip time in Holland. Any suggestions for cruise lines ??

Our best to you and John too....sorry we did not have as much time to get to know the other half of the group as we would have liked. :)

A lot of river cruisers who were on Emerald Princess mentioned travelling with Viking. You will want an English speaking river cruise or you end up with announcements done in 5 different languages. We are looking at taking a river cruise from Budapest to Bucharest next year. Debbie

Oh no! I hope he can restore them for you. I would cry if I lost my pictures. I can send you the link to the site where all 800 of mine are if yours really are gone. We went to the same places. And I have one of Ron in his formalwear that you will love.

It was great meeting you and Ron too. We'll have to get to Belgium one of these days.

Thanks Trish I appreciate it. I'll find out today or tomorrow if the pictures can be saved. I would love to see the pic of Ron in his Formal Wear.

Talk about anti climatic - for the last few days I have felt like a piece of me has been taken away. You get so hyped about a trip like this and then to have it end. But the memories are so wonderful. The people first and then the ship and places. I won't say it was the experience of a lifetime as we WILL cruise again but there will never be another first cruise.

Thanks Nomar's girl. I just wish that Princess had a 12-14 group like RC and CC do. We've even discussed waiting until next year.

DD towered over the other kids in the kids club last summer when we were on the CB so I'm just not sure it will work for her.

Hi cordi

We will be with you in July. Why not join our roll call board.

Don't worry too much, as there will be several hundred kids on this cruise, which is right in the middle of the school summer holidays. In 2005 we were on the equivalent cruise with our daughter, who was also about 12 and a half. She soon teamed up with some others of her age and had a wonderful time. The youth counsellors are well aware of these issues and do all they can to accomodate the different needs of the various ages in each kids club section.

I recommend that your youngsters attend the first session on day 2 when we have sailed from Venice as this is when friendships start to be formed.

Hi nomars_girl

Wow this slideshow is just what I was hoping to see, well done. I am even more excited about my cruise now after seeing those lovely pictures.:cool: Does anyone else have more pictures of onboard the ship if so we'd looooove to see them?

Thanks for all of your posts! We are looking forward to our emerald princess voyage in late June. We will disembark in Venice, and our flight is at 10:20AM. Princess told us this was ok. For those of you who have disembarked, will we be able to get to the airport in time?

Thanks,

Daph

Thanks for all of your posts! We are looking forward to our emerald princess voyage in late June. We will disembark in Venice, and our flight is at 10:20AM. Princess told us this was ok. For those of you who have disembarked, will we be able to get to the airport in time?

Thanks,

Daph

We didn't have any problem with flying out at 6:05 AM. Everything was well organized by Princess. We got off at 4:10 AM, took the shuttle to the airport, picked up our luggage (arranged by tag color and number) and proceeded to the check in. It couldn't have been easier.

Our cruise on the Emerald Princess was the best vacation we have ever had. That's saying a lot since our first cruise was back in 1981! How can we possibly top this one?

You are going to have a wonderful time! :)

Oh no! I hope he can restore them for you. I would cry if I lost my pictures. I can send you the link to the site where all 800 of mine are if yours really are gone. We went to the same places. And I have one of Ron in his formalwear that you will love.

It was great meeting you and Ron too. We'll have to get to Belgium one of these days.

Success - I have all my pictures back. Good bottle of wine goes to our IT guy! They are all now backed up in 3 places. Just to be sure.

Archived