Thursday Weigh-in 4/5/07 ~~~ STEP ON THAT SCALE!

WeirdEyes

Good morning and HAPPY THURSDAY!! One more day until T.G.I.F. :D

I lost one pound this week and 1/2 inch says the scale and the tape measure. Had my body fat checked last night at the gym and I've lost 1% of my body fat since August! That is just sad!! My trainer said that I've lost lean muscle also so he wants me to change things up....just when I was getting in a groove. Hmmmm.....maybe that's the problem....I'm stuck in a rut.

Anyway, how did YOU do?

Cheers!

I lost 2lbs this week! I'm so happy after my 1/2lb gain last week.

About the muscle loss, that's scary. Makes we wonder if that's happening to me. Did your trainer say why that's happening? I don't have a trainer to have mine checked. I've been doing strength training throughout and eating good fats. I had read you need to eat the good fats to avoid muscle loss but not sure what else I should be doing :confused:

I forgot to take my measurements again. I'll do that in a bit.

My trainer said that I'm doing too much cardio. I know I'm not eating enough good fats either. I had to add a TBSP of Olive Oil to my food last night to get some good fats in. I just have to make sure to keep track of the calories. Broccoli covered in olive oil is pretty good! :D

I stayed the same this week, but I'm happy with that because I was down a pound yesterday and I haven't done anything to find it in 24 hours. I therefore am assuming that it is one of those "normal fluctuations"!

I weigh daily and I do go up and down several times before staying down and then I start the bouncing all over again......

Have my first session with a new personal trainer on Monday.

Mo

I'm up one pound this week. I also could be in a rut - losing and gaining the same pound every week. My exercise routine is cardio (spinning) 3x per week, weight machines - 3x per week and my Sat. morning yoga class (which I enjoy). And of course, bowling every Thursday night and occasional weekends for tournaments. Haven't had my body fat checked at the gym in a while - they haven't offered it lately.

Have a good weekend!

Jean

Well, sadly I gained 1 lb. I've had a very stressful week, knew it was coming.

Sill I'm down 3-4 lbs. since Jan.

I must keep going. I really want to lose at least 3 more lbs. before May 18th.

Sheila, I think a 1% loss of body fat is great! You're doing so well.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Good Morning,

Well, I have a confession to make - I've been admiring all of you that have weighed in on Thursday mornings for a few weeks now, and I'm hoping this will be my encouragement page too! :) As most of you, I'm an up and down weight kind of gal too :( but our Alaskan cruise is in 55 days and I'm going to shoot for a 15 lb weight loss from today! I went back to my weight loss WOE on Sunday after an awesome spring break with 3 of my sisters coming to see us for 5 days!! Those crazy girls love pie!! :eek: From Sunday to this morning I've taken of 5 lbs -

but it will be a true test when I see where I'm at next Thursday! I'm gearing up for a lot of will power on Easter Sunday when it'll be a family event. So, have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next Thursday!

Good Morning,

Well, I have a confession to make - I've been admiring all of you that have weighed in on Thursday mornings for a few weeks now, and I'm hoping this will be my encouragement page too! :) As most of you, I'm an up and down weight kind of gal too :( but our Alaskan cruise is in 55 days and I'm going to shoot for a 15 lb weight loss from today! I went back to my weight loss WOE on Sunday after an awesome spring break with 3 of my sisters coming to see us for 5 days!! Those crazy girls love pie!! :eek: From Sunday to this morning I've taken of 5 lbs -

but it will be a true test when I see where I'm at next Thursday! I'm gearing up for a lot of will power on Easter Sunday when it'll be a family event. So, have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next Thursday!

Hi Jean and WELCOME!! Good luck. We're hear cheering you on! :D

I'm down 3 lbs. from last week. Yes, I know that's more than "they" say I should lose in a week, but since I had a net zero loss for last week's weigh-in, I figure it's an average of 1.5 lbs. a week, right? Anyway, I'm taking it! I've stepped up my cardio a bit, increasing my speed, as my calories per hour go down every time I lose a pound, and it's starting to feel like it's not strenuous enough.

Hoping (again) to lose one more pound before Sunday, so that then I can say that I just have a pound a week to lose to make my goal before we sail!

Three pounds! That's great. I stayed the same this week but am happy with that because last week was terrible (several dinners out, one at a Chinese buffet, engagement party, all kinds of wonderful cakes served at the cat show). While I tried to be reasonably good (avoided all fried appetizers at party and buffet), I did have too many desserts and some wine, too. I'm hoping for a better week next week.

Sheila, I think you have done fantastic, You have lost inches and just the fact that you are even going to the gym says a lot. Are you mostly doing cardio or do you also do weights?

In reporting I must admit that I really did not try very hard at all this week. I have only done exercise half the time and not really work outs. I also have been doing a lot of nibbling on Easter Candy:eek: To my surprise when I got on the scale today I was down one whole pounds:D I weighed in at 152. I really must start to get serious I have just 10 weeks to loose no less than 10 pounds and would like to loose 14 more.

I have no idea what I weigh. I'm visiting my parents for a couple weeks, and they don't even own a scale! :eek: I was finally back into the 120's before I left home (just by the skin of my teeth -- 129.5). :p I know I'll be well into the 130's by the time I do get back home and back on the scale. But I still have almost 4 months until my cruise, so I'm not too worried. As long as I'm still under 135 the next time I set on the scale, I'll be happy.

I'm up one pound this week. I also could be in a rut - losing and gaining the same pound every week. My exercise routine is cardio (spinning) 3x per week, weight machines - 3x per week and my Sat. morning yoga class (which I enjoy). And of course, bowling every Thursday night and occasional weekends for tournaments. Haven't had my body fat checked at the gym in a while - they haven't offered it lately.

Have a good weekend!

Jean

Jean - I'm glad to see you bowling! My DH and I own a bowling center! :)

I'm up 2.5 lbs. this week! :eek: I am blaming it on timing of the weigh-in. DH and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tues. We left out on Tues. and didn't get home until late last night. We travelled 2 hrs. one way and I always retain fluid when I travel. Plus, we had 2 absolutely wonderful meals each evening.

See ya next week!

Crystal

Sheila, I think you have done fantastic, You have lost inches and just the fact that you are even going to the gym says a lot. Are you mostly doing cardio or do you also do weights?

Hi Lisa!! Thanks for the encouragement! I lift weights 6 times a week switching between upper and lower body. I do 45-60 minutes of cardio 6 days a week also. My trainer wants me to do more intense cardio sessions for 20-30 minutes.

Sheila - I read on the other thread where you said your trainer put you on a stationary bike. Now since I've always heard that you can't pick an area to lose weight....for example, you can't say I need to lose weight in my legs, so I'm going to bike....that the trainer is trying to build the muscles in those areas?

Sheila - I read on the other thread where you said your trainer put you on a stationary bike. Now since I've always heard that you can't pick an area to lose weight....for example, you can't say I need to lose weight in my legs, so I'm going to bike....that the trainer is trying to build the muscles in those areas?

Yes! My legs and upper arms are real flabby and he wants me to build up more leg and upper arm muscle. Plus, you get a GREAT cardio workout if you do the high intensity interval training on a stationary bike for 20 mins. I've read online and my trainer told me that you can't go by the calories that the bike says you lost. You burn fat/calories up to 24 hours after you get finished with your workout. Sounds good to me!! I was doing 45-60 minutes of cardio and cutting it down to 20-30 minutes is GREAT!

thanks Sheila, since I don't have a trainer, I'm using you to get ideas...lol

I currently do that (interval stuff) on my treadmill at home. Yesterday I upped it to program 2 and thought I was gonna die! lol I made it though. At the gym, I usually use the ellipitical machine. Maybe I should mix things up and use the stationary bike once in awhile. I have used the recumbent bike. I don't know if that's as good of a workout though.

thanks Sheila, since I don't have a trainer, I'm using you to get ideas...lol

I currently do that (interval stuff) on my treadmill at home. Yesterday I upped it to program 2 and thought I was gonna die! lol I made it though. At the gym, I usually use the ellipitical machine. Maybe I should mix things up and use the stationary bike once in awhile. I have used the recumbent bike. I don't know if that's as good of a workout though.

GREAT job! Using the stationary bike to do HIIT is actually harder than doing it on a treadmill. It was for me anyway. It is always good to mix things up....keep your body guessing. ;)

Archived