Seattle Flight Question

USNDiver

Dave, I don't think you'll have any trouble making your flight. There shouldn't be much traffic on I-5 to Seatac airport early on a Saturday morning. Traffic isn't the only issue, though. It's what time your ship comes in, and how quickly it gets cleared for disembarkation. There's also the matter of security at the airport, although Seatac does a pretty good job. I would recommend that you make sure to be one of the first passengers off the ship, if possible.

Karin

Thanks all for the info. I just found out I have the opprtunity to do something really cool if I can get back to San Francisco early enough on the last day of my cruise. I'm thinking it might be worth the risk.

Thanks again,

Dave

My parents ship's arrival time at Seattle is 7am and the only non-stop of the day leaves Seatac at 12:15pm. They are older and wanted to do a non-stop if possible. Is this doable?

If so, can one request the earliest disembarkation? How does that work on HAL?

What is the quickest way to get to Seatac from the port.. taxi, shuttle, other options??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as mom and dad are first time cruisers and my experience isn't that deep either. :D

I just made a reservation from a town car/limo service to bring us home from pier 30 at the end of our cruise in May. They set a pick up time of 9:00AM which seemed a bit early to me. However, they said that HAL is very efficient at disembarking and that 9:00 was not too early. The drive from there to Sea-Tac should be less than 30 minutes, especially on a weekend morning. That should get you to Sea Tac with ample time for checking in to make a flight at noon.

The HAL pier is much closer to the airport than the Bell Street Pier and there is no need to navigate through downtown Seattle.

If you do a search for car services you will find an abundance of them in Seattle, especially with town cars, which are just as reasonably priced as the super shuttle. The town cars & limo's are private and charge per car while the shuttles charge per person and cram as many people onto the van as possible. Most of the taxis I have seen around here I would not personally want to ride in.

It might be worth the risk for you. I think we were off the ship around 9:30. Can't recall exactly. I wouldn't do it, but I've missed a couple of planes and hope to avoid the hassles that occur afterwards in the future. I agree that a car service is much nicer, but cabs are plentiful and some of the services get busy. Might be a slight delay, but shouldn't be more than a few minutes. Both the airport and many hotels are a short ride. We were downtown in about 10 minutes IIRC. Airport was not much longer. BUT, the biggie may be getting through the airport itself. We went a few days post-cruise and security was a long wait, then it was another 15 minutes or so to get to our gate.

Archived