What a joke

racepoint

Gotta say, it's jokes like these that make you long for being an only child.

Racepoint, the best tihng to do, and trust me I have two brothers and a sister, is nothing...for a while. She expecting it now. You've got to wait until she has completely let her guard down and forgotten all about it. As Kahn said on 'Star Trek 2', "Revenege is a dish best served cold..."

In the meantime, check out a few books at your local library and leave them just lying around. They are by George Hayduke and are called "Revenege, the Art of Getting Even", "Getting Even", and "Getting Even 2"....heh, heh, heh.

Great pointers....

Charlie

Mix 98.5 is my favorite radio station. John Lander is a total hoot! I can NOT wait to hear the Nutcracker. Hopefully they play it tomorrow cause my ship sets sail on Saturday.

I wish he had gotten you back on the line to see your response. Sorry about that, but you have to appreciate the hilarity of it.

Have a fantastic cruise! ;)

That is absolutely hilarious!!

Since you're not computer savy enough to pull up Princesse's website race :D :p (before anyone flames me, i'm KIDDING), maybe Vixter could post the link to where those of us not in Boston could listen to it (not kidding about the link part though)?

What a great joke!!

When you got to the "clothing optional" part, I started to wonder if it was a NutCracker.

Not me....I'm so naive. All I was thinking is, oh no, this is going to turn into a "there's large group on my cruise" thread. :D

The BEST "Jokes" are true ones (don't get mad, get even!).

If you were not informed that the telephone conversation was being recorded then a serious - CRIMINAL - violation of telecommunications privacy law occurred. Yep - file and complaint with the state prosecutor in Boston and see who laughs last... :D

Mass. Ann. Laws ch. 272 , § 99: It is a crime to record any conversation, whether oral or wire, without the consent of all parties in Massachusetts. The penalty for violating the law is a fine of up to $10,000 and a jail sentence of up to five years.

Disclosure of the contents of an illegally recorded conversation, when accompanied by the knowledge that it was obtained illegally, is a misdemeanor that can be punished with a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to two years. Civil damages are expressly authorized for the greater of actual damages, $100 for each day of violation or $1,000. Punitive damages and attorney fees also are recoverable.

The BEST "Jokes" are true ones (don't get mad, get even!).

If you were not informed that the telephone conversation was being recorded then a serious - CRIMINAL - violation of telecommunications privacy law occurred. Yep - file and complaint with the state prosecutor in Boston and see who laughs last... :D

Mass. Ann. Laws ch. 272 , § 99: It is a crime to record any conversation, whether oral or wire, without the consent of all parties in Massachusetts. The penalty for violating the law is a fine of up to $10,000 and a jail sentence of up to five years.

Disclosure of the contents of an illegally recorded conversation, when accompanied by the knowledge that it was obtained illegally, is a misdemeanor that can be punished with a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to two years. Civil damages are expressly authorized for the greater of actual damages, $100 for each day of violation or $1,000. Punitive damages and attorney fees also are recoverable.

Actually, I believe you can record it as long as at the end of the joke you let the person know that it was recorded. You definitely cannot play a recording over the air without consent however. THAT would be a FCC violation.

Revenge, it is wisely observed, is best served cold. Sisterbelle may, in fact, be expecting a response in the not too distant future. Bide your time and let her wait. Eventually her guard will be down. My suggestion? Let the spring, summer and fall pass in a pleasant way. What awaits is another New England winter. Having grown up there, I know this to be a certainty. Have a pressurized container of water at the ready for when the temperature drops below freezing. A good garden-type sprayer will do the job nicely. Arrange for her to visit your place for a Sunday family gathering. Every while discreetly go outside and spray her entire car thoroughly with water. After a few passes it will take on the appearance of an amorphous block. Just wait until she goes out to start it later in the evening. It's your chance to be her knight errant. She'll likely need a hair dryer and long power cord just to find the key lock! Provide some hot water to de-ice the car's windshield and windows. Be supportive and give the appearance of being totally sympathetic to her misfortune. Might there be a way of arranging for her to find a tropical beach photo or nice travel magazine on the car's driver seat once she eventually gets in? Touche! kind regards, your partner in crime, Wills, the tuxedo man

If my sister did that to me...Id make quite a few nice surprises for her. See,I have my sister and brotherinlaws booking number:D there would be no robes in the room, a special diet, beds apart, I would book every excursion, she would have a room full of flowers, candy, you name it;) And to top it all off, my wife and I would have a wonderful balcony dinner.. compliments of Sis of course:D

Great idea, but you forgot the expensive spa treatments!!!:D

Your replies have me (finally) chuckling about this prank. I agree . . . revenge will come much, much later. (Heck, my little sister waited 35 years or so! I'm not sure I can be so patient.) We don't know exactly when it will air. I'm told it was a 19 minute conversation that they'll pare down to 2-3 minutes. I find it hard to believe that I was on the phone for so long. I was definitely making it a point to exercise some restraint with this "John" who was purported to be in control of my new cabin assignment. It took him that long to get me to come unglued and, embarrassingly, I did. I work in a law office and just about everyone I work with came up to me throughout the day to ask if I was "alright" (and, of course, to get the "dirt" as to why I was losing my cool and was so loud on the phone.) This would have been funnier if I'd thought of it first.

Does 98.5 play these prank calls back at a certain time of the day? I know on JAMN, they are played during the morning show. I want to tune my clock radio in to 98.5 so that I can hear the one that is written about in this post. I feel stupid that I couldn't figure out it was a prank but I thought is was kind of odd that someone from Princess would be so rude. Anyone I've spoken with at Princess has been more than helpful and kind.

Hopefully your blood pressure is back down to normal by now.

Have a blast on your cruise!!

-Deanna

Actually, I believe you can record it as long as at the end of the joke you let the person know that it was recorded. You definitely cannot play a recording over the air without consent however. THAT would be a FCC violation.

Actually, most of this legislation is state to state and Massachussetts - like Florida - requires "consent" of all recorded parties, pre-recording notice is generally deemed "consent" cause you can hang us, but not ex post facto - definately not.

Archived