Hot Sauces on Princess?

ancldaca

I used the search function but the hits I got were spotty (searching under Princes, Ask a question, and Foodies). So, here it goes:

I know Princess will have Tabasco on board. After all, that's a standard condiment for any kitchen or bar. But, IMHO Tabasco isn't really very hot at all and its aweful vinegar base changes the taste of food (rather than just adding heat).

So, does Princess carry anything a bit more potent on board? Hopefully something based on Habaneros or at least Jalapenos?

With so much crew hailing from Southeast Asia on board, might they actually have some of those delicious Sambals available????

Or should I "pack my own heat"?

I don't go anywhere without my bottle of Marie Sharps! Agree with OP, that tabasco is ok, but the vinegar does little for the flavor of most foods. That being said, I have a gallon of Tabasco I use for addition to sauces that call for acidity and spice, and also for drinks. :D

I usually bring along a ziplock bag full of the Hot sauce packets from Taco Bell. I just take a couple each morning for my omlette and don't have to worry about carrying around a bottle. Have had fun telling some people that the Taco Bell was on "deck 12 aft" when they asked where I got them. LOL

Even the Tabasco is a hit and miss in the Horizon Court -- often one has to ask because it "vanishes". Since we do traditional dining, on the next longer cruise, I plan to take my Habenero Sauce (call it an addiction) and leave it with the waiter. But on our South American cruise, the Horizon Court had chopped hot Jalapenos at lunch everyday and one could request it for breakfast! /Sultan

I know Princess will have Tabasco on board. After all, that's a standard condiment for any kitchen or bar. But, IMHO Tabasco isn't really very hot at all and its aweful vinegar base changes the taste of food (rather than just adding heat).

So, does Princess carry anything a bit more potent on board? Hopefully something based on Habaneros or at least Jalapenos?

Or should I "pack my own heat"?

Thank you all for your answers.

Loved the Taco Bell story!!! I can really see that happening.

I guess I'll pack something to go and maybe request some Sambal as well for the ocasional spicing up.

Fair dinkum you Americans like your hot sauces..Tabasco aside I have seen HP which is a Brit hottish steak sauce and Worcestershire Sauce, thinner variety on Princess ships, other than..chilli flakes. We Aussies like our Barbecue sauce but have not seen that on Princess, might take a bottle on last cruise of Regal end of August.:)

By the way who calls Tomato sauce Ketchup? not us.:cool:

Best wishes from downunder.

Archived