Lipstick

Nitra

Okay I have searched and searched and have a drawer full of lipsticks. I want one that does not flake, fade or come off within minutes of putting it on. I do not like those that you put on and then have to keep putting a gloss thing over. Maybe I am asking too much?

A friend told me about Covergirl outlast but I am hesitant to try it since it comes with one of those gloss sticks too.

I want to put it on and just have nice looking lipstick that stays put!

I ordered something from lancome but it is on its way so have not received it yet.

Does anyone have something that is wonderful?

Does anyone have something that is wonderful?

I wish I did:( . I have yet to find something that stays on like it claims and still looks fresh.

I will be interested in what others may have discovered.

I'm not a big fan of those long-last lipsticks. Not only do they feel dry, I see them flaking off other women who wear them.

What I do is I use my lip liner, line my lips and fill in my lips with the liner, then apply color afterward. If you're a coffee drinker like me (this sounds gross, but it's not if you're discreet) lick the cup before you take a drink, your lipstick won't come off on the cup.

I apply my lipstick in the morning, after lunch and again after work if I'm going somewhere. I don't think it's a big deal to apply lipstick 2-3 times a day, it only takes a few seconds.

I use Chanel, love their lipsticks.

I love lipstick, but because I use a whitening toothpaste I always

have chapped lips. So longlasting lipsticks are out, very drying.

(I use whitening toothpaste because I am a coffee drinker.)

That said, I like American Beauty lipstick okay. It goes on nice

and smooth and light, and lasts pretty well. It is not drying to my

lips. The only downside for me is that it does have a berry scent; I

prefer unscented...everything.:)

P.S. American Beauty is found at Kohl's, or online at:

http://www.americanbeautycosmetics.com/index.tmpl?ngextredir=1

I don't like the long lasting lipsticks either.

What I do is, I apply lipstick....blot....apply a light dusting of powder...then apply another light coat of lipstick. It works really well and your lips won't dry out and the lipstick will kind of fade off...not flake off. And sometimes when I see my lipstick fading during the day, all I do is add clear gloss and it freshens the look.

I actually used to apply foundation to my lips and let it dry, then put on lipstick with powder over it. But I find I can't do that very often because the foundation will dry out my lips...who knew? :rolleyes: But I do it on special occasions.

My problem is...kinda like the blush problem....I can't find just the right shade. I always have to mix two shades to get what I want.

I have had the same experience, the flakey thing going on.

I usually only wear lipstick if I go out somewhere or am onsite working. I work alone at home the majority of the time and heck for me I dont care if my lips are done.

I know the lipliner thing helps, guess I will need to buy it in more colors. I love Chanel No 5 - about the only thing I ever wear. I have looked at their makeup but never bought any. I might have to give the lipstick a try.

The Lancome I bought is supposed to be long lasting without drying, so we will see.

I had hoped to find a long lasting one that did not flake and dry.

I love lipstick, but because I use a whitening toothpaste I always

have chapped lips. So longlasting lipsticks are out, very drying.

(I use whitening toothpaste because I am a coffee drinker.)

That said, I like American Beauty lipstick okay. It goes on nice

and smooth and light, and lasts pretty well. It is not drying to my

lips. The only downside for me is that it does have a berry scent; I

prefer unscented...everything.:)

P.S. American Beauty is found at Kohl's, or online at:

http://www.americanbeautycosmetics.com/index.tmpl?ngextredir=1

Thanks I will look at it and see. I never have been into Kohls so will look online.

If you want lipstick that will NEVER lose it's color until you want it to come off, you have to try MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour. Although it does has the gloss on one side this is to keep your lips moist. You can kiss, eat or drink anything it only comes off clear, just the gloss, the color remains. I used this stuff for my wedding and it was amazing. The only way to take it off is with oil. So you could apply this in the a.m. and you're good to go until bedtime. Good Luck!!

I've never been a fan of long last lip tints or lip gloss.Tints are usually too dark

and dry and I can't stand the stickiness or the wet look of glosses. Another

issue is that as we age:eek: some lipsticks cause the lines to appear even more

more pronounced.I almost hate to keep sharing my fav because it is always

out of stock but here goes...I love Lancome's "Le Absolut Rouge Champagne. ".It's

Rose shade is very flattering for us over 40 set , it's creamy (no lines) and

it has a lip plumping agent. Only draw back ,although not one for me, is that

it is not permanent and you do need touch ups.

Thanks for the information. I looked it up and I ordered Lancome Juicy wear but it comes with the lipgloss, which I already use so I will see what happens. Should have it any day now!

I will look at Mac too.

I cant use anything from Mary Kaye, it does not like me, I have a major allergy or something, makes me break out in a rash.

Thanks for the information. I looked it up and I ordered Lancome Juicy wear but it comes with the lipgloss, which I already use so I will see what happens. Should have it any day now!

I will look at Mac too.

I cant use anything from Mary Kaye, it does not like me, I have a major allergy or something, makes me break out in a rash.

Nitra, there are actually two kinds of Juicy, one that comes with separate gloss and one that does not. My preference is the one that does not. It comes in a slim silver case and I really like it.

I do not care for the long lasting formulas as they dry out quickly.

Nitra, there are actually two kinds of Juicy, one that comes with separate gloss and one that does not. My preference is the one that does not. It comes in a slim silver case and I really like it.

I do not care for the long lasting formulas as they dry out quickly.

Below is the one I ordered...

JUICY WEAR GLITTER

Ultra-Lasting Full Colour and Shine Lip Duo

Saturate your lips with extreme wear colour and NEW glitter, sealed in juicy shine. Celebrate glitter this season with a dazzling array of limited-edition Juicy Wear shades. Lancôme brings you exclusive Juicy Seal™ technology for extreme wear and sweet shine plus glitter for more luscious playful lips. 8-hour wear in 7 new glittering shades.

See below for picture

990696_l.jpg.9c1d8535d0e97618cc2b1b7bfb1bf842.jpg

I have bought lipsticks that range from very expensive to very inexpensive and I found that only one particular one that I have stays on practically all day. It's called Max Factor Lasting Color Lipstick. I have it a couple years because the color only goes with certain things. The color I have is called Crystal Violet.

I have bought lipsticks that range from very expensive to very inexpensive and I found that only one particular one that I have stays on practically all day. It's called Max Factor Lasting Color Lipstick. I have it a couple years because the color only goes with certain things. The color I have is called Crystal Violet.

How funny, I have some too and I found it today in my drawer. Did not work for me.. sigh. I am not going to worry about it anymore. If something stays on for long enough to get thru a few hours, then I will be happy.

I hate hate HATE the long-wearing stuff. You put it on and it just SUCKS the moisture out! The gloss helps, but as soon as that wears off it just feels terrible.

I adore MAC, but only the creamy one (forget the name, but not satin or matte). I'm going to check out their long wear one to see if that's better since I love the line.

My BF loves when I wear my reds so I do what another poster does. Foundation first, then liner all over, not just the outer lines, then the color. Also, I bought lipstain. It's kind of a pain because you have to apply a couple of coats and let it dry in between, but it does help when the lipstick wears off (no, it won't last for days!) The liner and stain doesn't keep the actual lipstick on longer, but it does keep color on your lips longer.

Also, MAC has a lip primer. Jury's still out on that one because my BF usually kisses it off before I can tell if it helps.:o He's so cute.

Archived