opinion on evening-after tour option.

we will be in Londonf or 1-1/2 days pre-cruise.....Staying right by Hyde Park/Kensington palace area....so after check-in thought we'd beat jet lag by a nice walk in Kensington Gardens, go over to Harrod's - sightsee/shop and possibly go to Victorial and Albert Museum to see some displays....

Next day touring main sights with tour company - which would end around 5:30 - 6 pm......Westminster Abbey, tower of London, Thames River cruise and so on....

I am not sure to book the London Eye - I am not fond of heights, but do not mind looking down from airplane,etc...if it is slow moving I would probably be okay - but then that would limit evening? Possibly dinner and walk around Picadilly Circus/Covent Garden? -

or skip the London Eye - go to dinner and theatre......

CJcruzer

I am not sure to book the London Eye - I am not fond of heights, but do not mind looking down from airplane,etc...if it is slow moving I would probably be okay - but then that would limit evening?
It does move very slowly - it takes about 45 minutes to go all the way around. And that doesn't take much out of your evening, although it may well be long enough to rule out getting to a show.

If I decide to do the London Eye, and possibly not the theatre (have been to toronto and NYC theatre) - would an evening around Picadilly Circus be nice? (Friday evening) or Covent Garden? Which is more interesting/and/or safer for evening...or possibly the British Museum.

CJcruzer

The Covent Garden area would be more interesting than Piccadilly Circus in the evening. (Although they're not really very far away from each other, and Leicester Square is in between them.) None of these areas is unsafe. But they are likely to be busy, possibly even crowded - so you have to be aware of and guard against all the usual big city things, pickpockets being top of that list.

Archived