Two formal nights - how many dresses?

dog

I'm taking two. I NEVER dress up. I honestly own my wedding dress, a skirt, a plain cotton navy blue dress and a pair of gaucho pants and that's it for dress wear. This is a chance for me to let that inner "woman" in me release herself! :D

On a 10 or 14 day cruise there is usually 2 formal nights. Do you wear the same dress/outfit both nights or do you take 2 dresses/formal outfits?

EVery 14 day I have been on has 3 formal nights! I always pack different formals......:)

Our 11 day in Oct had 3 formal nights; I brought 3 formal dresses. My husband brought one tux & two shirts, had the first one cleaned by the ship before the 3rd formal night.

If I were flying to port instead of driving, I would probably go with one dress, one skirt & two tops....

On a 10 or 14 day cruise there is usually 2 formal nights. Do you wear the same dress/outfit both nights or do you take 2 dresses/formal outfits?

Two formal in a fortnight?

Gosh. How mean.

Last time I was on board ship, we had four out of six nights that were formal. The first and last one could wear a normal suit.

Matthew

I will wear a formal skirt with differant tops. I tend to buy separates more because of my body type they fit better and it is not as obvious if I wear the same formal black skirt.

But even a dress can be worn twice-just change out your accesories, differant jewelery,and maybe a shrug one night and a shawl the other etc.-doing things like that can make a dress look very differant.

Our 11 night New England/Canada cruise had 3 formal nights, and I took 3 formal outfits. I like to buy the photos and don't like the same dress in the photo albums. I didn't really think about it until I did two short cruises in 2004. When looking back at the photo albums, I had on the same formal gown even though the cruises were 6 months apart. Don't make that mistake now. Plus it's fun to shop for the different outfits and see how little I can find things for. My red velvet skirt and top I found at Burlington Coat Factory on the sale rack for $39 but because a clasp was missing got it for $20. My black palazzo pants and top were on sale at Old Pueblo Traders for $15. And my white dress (for the white masquerade ball) doubled for the third formal night was a homemade dress. So didn't spend a fortune for anything.

For my upcoming Alaska cruise in August, we will only be on the ship for 3 days so I'm figuring just one formal night. I will be wearing the palazzo pants again, but got a different top at Lane Bryant the day after Thanksgiving for only $9.00 instead of $49.

I don't pay regular price for any of my clothes, and certainly wouldn't spend a lot on formal wear for a cruise. If you know you are going on a cruise, start shopping early and find the deals. I usually book my vacations/cruises a year in advance, then keep my eye open for sales all year long.

For me, it's the packing not the price:p If I'm flying, especially if it's a long trip and there is more involved than just a cruise, I'm far more likely to mix & match and bring fewer complete "outfits". If I'm driving to the port or it's a short trip, the more the merrier:D

Archived