Thanks to Princess for "Above and Beyond" help

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

Just wanted to send a quick note to let everyone know about some help I got from Princess this past Saturday. We cruised on the Grand out of Galveston and had a wonderful time overall. We got off the ship Saturday with Express Walk-Off and cleared customs and had our rental car from Hertz and were pulling out of their parking lot at 9:00am when I suddenly realized that neither my wife or I had our digital camera bag.

It dawned on both of us that we had left it on the table in our room. I drove back over to the terminal, got approval from a security officer to park by the shuttle buses and walked back over to the where you pass through customs. I asked a "Port of Galveston" lady directing traffic if they could contact someone on the ship and she took down my info about the camera bag and room info, and radioed someone and told me they would look, and that I could wait just outside the customs area.

About 1/2 hour later, a Princess employee came out with my bag, and I was thrilled. All of our pictures from the week were in the bag and I didn't want to lose them. Anyway, I didn't hold out much hope that I would get it all back since we had been off the ship over an hour at that time, but it helped to solidify my enjoyment of cruising with the Princess cruise line.

I do plan on contacting Princess today to share my gratefulness and wanted to share it here as well.

Mike

There is so much criticism of Princess on this website, it's nice for once to read of someone getting great service.

Glad all worked out for you... now all you have to do is book your next cruise......

There is so much criticism of Princess on this website, it's nice for once to read of someone getting great service.

Glad all worked out for you... now all you have to do is book your next cruise......

I did a future open booking while on board.... Just waiting for the right one to come along....

I'm so glad this worked out so well for you! That must have been a very anxious 30+ minutes waiting.

Thank you. Yes, it was a pretty anxious time, and honestly I didn't hold out much hope, we had probably been out of the room for 1 1/2 hours and I figured the stewards had cleaned the room, and it would be impossible to find, but they had it. I just downloaded the pics from the camera and did get some good shots. I'm very happy and looking forward to my next Princess cruise!icon7.gif

Mike

Archived