Majesty Deck 10 balcony cabins

Has anyone stayed in a balcony cabin on deck 10, if so, was there a lot of noise from the pool deck above? The only balcony cabins are on deck 10, it's our 40th anniversary and want to treat ourselves to a balcony, just a little worried about noise from above.

Thanks for any input on this

Nancy

Yes, it's noisy at times. I stayed toward the back once and during the day there was a constant banging of little feet running from the stairs toward the pool. So much for nap time.

Another time I was centrally located. At 4 or so in the morning after the midnight pool party there was what sounded like thunder from above as the pool deck was cleaned and rearranged in preparation for the morning. This went on for over an hour.

The best you can do is check the deck above and choose a cabin that looks like it will be in a less active area. I'd stay away from stairs and party areas.

Hi Nancy!

We stayed in a GS on Majesty (There are no standard balcony cabins on Majesty, only JS and up). The suite was great with a huge balcony and the cabin had a sectional sofa, good-size club chairs, tub in the bathroom.

However, it was the noisiest cabin we have ever had on any ship. Not horrible, but there was a lot of clunking and scraping noises coming from above. It lasted into the wee hours of the morning. I am a very light sleeper and hubby said he heard it, but it bothered me more than him. I think we were in Cabin # 1534. It was not a MAJOR problem, but there was some noise at night...during the day, I didn't notice anything much in the way of noise.

Happy Anniversary....we just celebrated our 40th a couple of weeks ago!!!

See you on the roll call!

Laura

I stayed in 1562 and was kept awake late at night by a loud banging noise in the overhead. It had something to do with emptying and refilling the pool.

Try to pick one further forward or aft on this ship.

Click my webshots link for photos of JS 1562 (pre-refurb)

I just got off the majesty last week stayed in room 1568 and it was very noisy you could hear running feet over head and we got a great wake up call at 6 in the morning with the lounge chairs being put back after the midnight buffet and around 2 oclock in the morning the tables where rolling over head as they where putting them back . I would never stay in the balcony room again if I ever choose to cruise on the majesty and we always get a balcony

....tables where rolling over head as they where putting them back....

That's what I was hearing!!! They must've been sliding the tables around. Guest Relations told me it was the pool. :rolleyes:

The sound was LOUD, and very annoying.

We were in a JS on the Majesty in December and heard the noise. We blamed it on the breaking down of the tables after the pool deck party because that's the only night we heard it. It woke me up a few times but still wasn't that bad that I wouldn't go again, but like the others, I'd go further forward or aft if available.

who answered my question. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like the replys.

When we sail on the short cruises, we usually go for an outside cabin,but this being our 40th, and having 1 free pax fare with our RCCL credit card, we figured this would be a great time for the JS balcony. The cruises don't come out until tomorrow for 8/08 (hopefully, they were supposed to be out yesterday). I've checked the deck plan over and over, and it seems there might be 6 cabins that are not under all the noise. They are between the entrance to the Windjammer and steps (1546-1548 and 1044-1048). Any thoughts on those cabins?

Thanks again,

Nancy

PS...Hi Laura

It's a really hard call until you've been in those cabins. They might be under the very front edge of the Windjammer. It's hard to tell right where it starts. If they are under any part of the Windjammer, you will probably hear them beginning to set up very early in the morning as I did once on the Enchantment when I was under the Windjammer.

If you don't do afternoon naps in your cabin, going aft of the pool deck would work for you. I like having a JS even on Majesty and if I ever have one on her again, I'll go more aft of the pool if that is available.

OK, here's something no one has thought of. We were on Majesty 1/8 to 1/12. In January the weather can be cool (it was) and the pool is not all that busy (it wasn't). We maybe had two hours of pool weather the whole 4 days. Our noise was minimal. If you are going in August, look out! To above posters, what time of the year did you sail Majesty?

Rick and Deirdra

August JS - May OV - and most recently February JS during the strongest cold front we had this year. That was the night of the noisy pool party. You are correct that the pool wasn't used by very many during the day. But that midnight buffet went on during the cooler evening hours only to have the cleanup begin at 4am. Loud and clear. :) It was only that one night that I heard the banging and dragging of deck chairs. One bad night out of three isn't too bad.

We had a GS on the MJ and I agree about the noise.......I often wonder why they put the suites right under the public areas?? I think the suites should be on deck 9.

Totally agree with you! We had a JS on Serenade under the Windjammer and heard a lot of table / chair moving noise late into the night and then again from about 5.30am. But all JS on the radiance class are on the deck below the public areas :mad: so next time we'll have to downgrade to a balcony room 'cause beauty sleep is more important than space!!!

We stayed in 1586 and didn't notice any noise from the pool deck. The issues we did have was the constant smell of exhaust coming from the smoke stack and also a lack of sunlight due to the overhang above our balcony.

OK, the higher the deck, the better cabins. Guess what, the higher the deck, gets you under the pool, under Windjammer, etc. Unless RCL puts mucho extra insulation between those decks, you gotta live with it.

ATTENTION Freedom of the Seas guests . . . those under the pool and Windjammer, have they improved the insulation from the upper decks? How much noise do you hear?

Enquiring minds would like to know, before we book another cruise.

Rick and Deirdra

ATTENTION Freedom of the Seas guests . . . those under the pool and Windjammer, have they improved the insulation from the upper decks? How much noise do you hear?

Enquiring minds would like to know, before we book another cruise.

Rick and Deirdra

I stayed in JS 1544 on Freedom. The Solarium was above me. I never heard anything!

who answered my question. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like the replys.

When we sail on the short cruises, we usually go for an outside cabin,but this being our 40th, and having 1 free pax fare with our RCCL credit card, we figured this would be a great time for the JS balcony. The cruises don't come out until tomorrow for 8/08 (hopefully, they were supposed to be out yesterday). I've checked the deck plan over and over, and it seems there might be 6 cabins that are not under all the noise. They are between the entrance to the Windjammer and steps (1546-1548 and 1044-1048). Any thoughts on those cabins?

Thanks again,

Nancy

PS...Hi Laura

I have JS 1044 booked...for Dec... so hopefully you are on to something with this group...will let you know

Archived