Disappointed to the Verge of Tears

My TA just called and said even IF i move the two kids to another room it is AFTER the 70 day mark and therefore I lose the money I paid for them. I would have to make a totally new reservation and still pay the full amount for them in my room and the new room. RCCL will NOT transfer any money at all.

does this make sense?

I am told I cannot call RCCL as I used a TA and RCCL will not discuss the matter with me. MY TA is out of state by the way.

I didnt tell my TA that I am dissapointed she didnt work this weekend NOR check emails at all. Then we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place....Should I?

Where did you find this agent?

I just recently moved my reservation back from a TA to RCI, so I know it can be done. I am not sure if it can be done after the final payment has been made though. I think someone here made an excellent suggestion: call your TA and INSIST they call RCI and put them on a conference call with you.

I agree that this should be easy for your TA to do IF he/she wanted to. What I don't understand is why the TA isn't making this happen since it would mean more commision $$$$. My TA regularly goes to bat for us to get discounts and price drops. If all else fails, try to get the "lost" deposit as onboard credit.

I would think that IF the quad cabin is the issue, you could be reassigned near the new cabin with no problem. I would not give up, even after boarding.

DH and I book JS cabins all the time, and those hold 4 people. You could also simply change cabins within the same category without penalty, so you could give up the cabin for 4 (which RCI can probably re-book in a hearbeat) anyway.

I think that the only deposit that would be in jeopdary is the one for the passengers moving to a new cabin, but I still don't see why RCI would impose it when the net result is a gain to them. Please let us know if you have any luck!

I didnt tell my TA that I am dissapointed she didnt work this weekend NOR check emails at all. Then we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place....Should I?

Yes you should bring that up to them. Tell them that you wanted to make the change on Friday which was before penalties and it is not your fault they were closed.

Also at little off topic but I wonder what kind of agency was closed on Good Friday??:confused: I know I was here at my desk working Friday and Saturday. :mad: :rolleyes:

does this have anything to do with the fact that the teenagers are underage and will have to have an adult in the cabin...i mean it seems that it is just a process of moving names, you aren;t actually giving up the one cabin, you are actually adding another...winning change for RCL..

Beverly

DH and I book JS cabins all the time, and those hold 4 people. You could also simply change cabins within the same category without penalty, so you could give up the cabin for 4 (which RCI can probably re-book in a hearbeat) anyway.

I think that the only deposit that would be in jeopdary is the one for the passengers moving to a new cabin, but I still don't see why RCI would impose it when the net result is a gain to them. Please let us know if you have any luck!

this is what we are trying to do, same catergory, just 2 cabins instead of one, I tried many times before this to get the connectiong cabin to mine, but my TA swears RCCL told her they would NOT allow us to do this with a total of 4, we would need 6 to get both cabins. I am so confused as who to believe.

this is what we are trying to do, same catergory, just 2 cabins instead of one, I tried many times before this to get the connectiong cabin to mine, but my TA swears RCCL told her they would NOT allow us to do this with a total of 4, we would need 6 to get both cabins. I am so confused as who to believe.

Go back through your postings.......you have many fine TA's on this thread that won't lead you wrong......

I know this is a trying time for you...........but you are getting some good advice from many knowledgeable Ta's past and present.......they know their stuff........

I will yield to them and their expertise.....but will follow this closely......good luck.

Yes you should bring that up to them. Tell them that you wanted to make the change on Friday which was before penalties and it is not your fault they were closed.

Also at little off topic but I wonder what kind of agency was closed on Good Friday??:confused: I know I was here at my desk working Friday and Saturday. :mad: :rolleyes:

I really want to do this, but

I am a little afraid to make my TA more mad, hubby thinks she could cancel the entire cruise and we would be out it all. :confused:

I have never heard such garbage in all my life about what your TA is telling you. Take the bull by the horns & CALL RCL! Even tho I booked through a TA I am constantly calling them for one thing or another. We usually travel with another couple = 4 people I can't begin to tell you how many times we have had connecting rooms! I even got money back from RCL after final payment when the price dropped. If you are a C&A member call them. I would never stand for this.

Where did you find this agent?

I just recently moved my reservation back from a TA to RCI, so I know it can be done. I am not sure if it can be done after the final payment has been made though. I think someone here made an excellent suggestion: call your TA and INSIST they call RCI and put them on a conference call with you.

You can't change TA's after final payment due date.

I really want to do this, but

I am a little afraid to make my TA more mad, hubby thinks she could cancel the entire cruise and we would be out it all. :confused:

You're kidding? YOU are the customer, SHE is the TA. Take control over your own vacation and call RCCL directly. That is just crazy.

You HIRED the TA--she works FOR YOU!!! You're afraid of making her mad?????

Look, call her, tell her you want a room nearby for your kids (they're old enough not to need connecting rooms) and insist that she take care of this immediately. If she give you ANY excuse, fire her ass, get your money back, and re-book with RCI directly. If she won't refund you, you can always try small-claims court. This is ridiculous! This TA sounds like some kind of fly-by-night.

From now on, book directly with the cruise line--it's sooooo much easier!!!!

Look, call her, tell her you want a room nearby for your kids (they're old enough not to need connecting rooms) and insist that she take care of this immediately. If she give you ANY excuse, fire her ass, get your money back, and re-book with RCI directly. If she won't refund you, you can always try small-claims court. This is ridiculous! This TA sounds like some kind of fly-by-night.

the bummer is we have a March 2008 cruise booked with her as well, and I DID tell her I was going to cancel that one with her, if this isnt resolved to my satisfaction! I will stand by that much.

She can't cancel and rebook, as she is beyond final payment date.

However, OP, could you call RCCL and book the adjoining cabin through them? When the rep asks for the names for the people in the cabin, tell him/her that you want to pull the third and fourth people out of an existing reservation and put them in the new reservation and see if they'll let you do it.

Let us know how everyhing turns out.

I am getting the feeling that the real problem is that your husband doesn't want to make the TA mad and now you feel like your hands are tied. And you are trying to respect your husband's decision.

I see women like that all the time, I am NOT one of them. BUT I do understand it...lol. ;)

So the truth is, you don't want to call RCCL cause your husband told you no?

Maybe I am missing something, but, I believe if they keep the cabin that sleeps four, and that is the minimum to book that cabin, then yes they need to pay for four. So, I think instead of [U]adding[/U] another cabin they need to give up the cabin for four and book [U]two new cabins that sleep 2 each.[/U] And as other posters have said, I don't know why RCI would not do this, and just move the deposits to the new cabins.

[quote name='232271']I really want to do this, but
I am a little afraid to make my TA more mad, hubby thinks she could cancel the entire cruise and we would be out it all. :confused:[/quote]Let her try........then we can really talk about trouble(for the TA!)......

Is this a one person operation?? If not, call and speak to the owner of the agency...........

[quote name='232271']My TA just called and said even IF i move the two kids to another room it is AFTER the 70 day mark and therefore I lose the money I paid for them. I would have to make a totally new reservation and still pay the full amount for them in my room and the new room. RCCL will NOT transfer any money at all.
does this make sense?[/quote]

No, it does not. There is no reason that you cannot change cabins within the same category - if you are booked in a D-1, for example, some D-1s accomodate 3-4 people, others only 2, but the price of the cabin is the same.

[QUOTE]
I am told I cannot call RCCL as I used a TA and RCCL will not discuss the matter with me. MY TA is out of state by the way.
[/QUOTE]

My newest motto is "it can't hurt to try." What's the worst thing that can happen to you? They'll tell you you must deal with the TA. But don't give up without trying - ask to speak with a supervisor if the agent simply reads you the party line (which will happen 9 times out of 10). Be polite, concise, and in particular tell them that you tried to do this before final payment but the TA let you down.

[QUOTE]I didnt tell my TA that I am dissapointed she didnt work this weekend NOR check emails at all. Then we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place....Should I?[/QUOTE]

I would phrase it differently: tell the TA that you emailed her this information on Friday, you expected her to act on it, and that you expect the agency to make you whole for any additional expense. Yes, you "should" have followed up with a phone call, but the agency shoudl have had coverage if she was out for a long weekend, AND her email should have reflected that. Honestly, she can't do anything to you except not like you anymore, and why would you care?

There. I feel better now! Go get 'em!

I booked with a TA and then noticed a better cabin was available. I called RC directly and they handled it no problem. You know the worst that can happen is that you don't get what you want, and, guess what, you already have that.

Good Luck.
Heather

We have stayed in a JS (4 person occupancy) connecting to a D1 (4 person occ) with only 2 people in each room and this was during spring break, a very busy time......this should not be a problem for you!
keep us posted!
T

I agree that this should be a non-issue and I am sorry that you are having this frustration. It will be a financial gain for RCI and anybody should not penalize you for this. My TA lost my cruise docs for my last trip and RCI would not talk to me-at first. I called them and complained about the TA's incompetance and stated that I would never book a future cruise with RCI if they did not assist me. Totally not true - but it worked. RCI sent me a copy of the docs directly.

In regards to some of the other comments regarding working weekends, holidays, etc. Are people not allowed days off of work??? Think about it-if you had to deal with work on some level everyday-IT WOULD DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!!! People seem to think that because they have an issue the entire world should stop and focus on them. In my business, I get this all of the time. People have no respect for personal time. They say "Oh-it is just one phone call or email". But only everyone else expects the same thing. If you don't get a break, you will burn out. The issue is not about her days off, it is about her lack of assistance or knowledge.

I apologize for my rant.... This is a subject that hits a sore spot. :D

As the Nike slogan goes "Just do it"....call RCCL....it's just a matter of picking up the phone and dialing...ask them if you can do what you want and then you will have your answer...and honestly...if you call one agent and they say no...you can always call back and ask another....

BTW...I had some major issues in booking this cruise with TA's being very slow in getting back to me...so much so that I missed out on a really great price....I learned through these boards to just book through RCCL yourself....and so far so good.

[QUOTE]In regards to some of the other comments regarding working weekends, holidays, etc. Are people not allowed days off of work??? Think about it-if you had to deal with work on some level everyday-IT WOULD DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!!! People seem to think that because they have an issue the entire world should stop and focus on them. In my business, I get this all of the time. People have no respect for personal time. They say "Oh-it is just one phone call or email". But only everyone else expects the same thing. If you don't get a break, you will burn out. The issue is not about her days off, it is about her lack of assistance or knowledge.
[/QUOTE]

Rant away! But the OP sent her original email on Friday, which was a stock market holiday, but most government and private businesses in the U.S. were up and running (my Canadian friend told me it was a statutory holiday there). Nothing wrong with taking a 3 day weekend, but there should have been an "out of office" or "we're closed til Monday" reply when the OP sent her email. Then the ball would have been back in her court to call the agency or RCI directly if the agency was closed & couldn't help her. Presumably there was somebody there if they were able to make her final payment on a timely basis.:rolleyes:

So I'd still make the case for the agency eating the lost deposit, which I really think RCI wouldn't make her forfeit if she could talk to somebody who was actually willing to help her and make a larger commission in the bargain.

Archived