question about stateroom location on Sovereign

I am new to cruising and this board. I have read a lot of helpful info without having to post, but I have a couple of questions that I can't find the answers to. First, our rooms are 3596 and 3598 OV on Sovereign. Is this a good location or bad location on the ship? My travel agent has not been of any help. Second, if these rooms are not good locations can I ask RC directly about changing them before boarding or do I have to try and talk to the travel agent again?

Thanks for your help!

I am new to cruising and this board. I have read a lot of helpful info without having to post, but I have a couple of questions that I can't find the answers to. First, our rooms are 3596 and 3598 OV on Sovereign. Is this a good location or bad location on the ship? My travel agent has not been of any help. Second, if these rooms are not good locations can I ask RC directly about changing them before boarding or do I have to try and talk to the travel agent again?

Thanks for your help!

Those are Category G.

For LESS money, you can have a cabin on Deck 8, Category I. All are listed as "obstructed", since the lifeboats and their fittings will give you an interrupted view of the sea, but some are less obstructed than others, and they will all give you a better view than a Deck 2 or 3 with its little windows.

Go online at http://www.rccl.com, click on "ships", click on "Sovereign", then click on "deck plans." You can compare the different decks. Then pretend to book your cruise for yourself. You'll see what you are paying now in your Category G. Compare to Category I.

Then go ahead and book it yourself or educate your apparently less-than-knowledgeable TA.

Thanks for your help!

I just got off Sovereign last Friday and we were in cabin 3592, which is just two cabins down from yours. It was a great location, close to the atrium, right next to the elevators, and although the window was smaller, it was still plenty big.

113262744_Sovereign002.jpg.a910e3a1c84a0379254a331694d14d62.jpg

Didn't your TA give you deck plans (in the cruise brochure) of your ship??? If she didn't, she should have!!!! That way, you can see what you're getting and where it will be!

Just a note: get the largest room you can afford--it makes cruising so much more comfortable! Sov.'s cabins are some of the smaller in the fleet.

Thanks! Merion Mom and CB - My travel agent has been very unhelpful. I looked up the plans online. Next time I plan a vacation I will do everything myself. The only reason that I used a TA is for the travel insurance they offer. Due to my husband's job, we have had to cancel in the past.

My husband has just now realized what I have been talking about when I have mentioned balconys, suites, and ocean view rooms when I told him about having a smaller window on Deck 3. He wants to know why we are not getting a balcony. I asked him if he wanted one two months ago. He is clueless about vacation planning.:o

KruzeRCL - Thanks! That makes me feel better. The room does look close to the dining room and Atrium. I don't think we will be in the room much on a four night cruise.

Decks 2 and 3 have portholes. Decks 4 and above have a window. I think the only real problem with the portholes is when you get up to the forward cabins you get a tunnel to look through the porthole. Midship should be okay, just smaller, about half the size of the windows.

I agree with the Deck 8 suggestion. We had a cabin on deck 8 last Oct. and it was very convienent!! Unless you book a Superior OV or above the cabins are all the same size regardless of which deck you are on. Might as well save a few dollars......

Archived