approx.d for hotel transfer to Southampton/Tilbury pier

I believe we are going to do this independently - meaning taxi from High Kensington area to Waterloo station, then train from there to Southampton Central I believe, and then a taxi over to the pier at Tilbury....

How much travel time total would with entail??? I think taxi to Waterloo would be aprrox 10 GBP, and maybe 5 GBP from Southampton station to the pier.....I don't know what the price for the train ticket would be.....

The other option would be a taxi/private transfer which would probably be more costly...... and we don't have to rush to get there....

Any help, links, ideas appreciated....

CJcruzer

I believe we are going to do this independently - meaning taxi from High Kensington area to Waterloo station, then train from there to Southampton Central I believe, and then a taxi over to the pier at Tilbury....

CJcruzer

Hi,

Are you sure the pier you want is Tilbury. Tilbury, as far as I know, is east of London on the River Thames. Southampton is on the south coast.

I could be wrong as I have never sailed from Southampton, but Tilbury docks are just up to road from where I live.

Karen

Are you on the Regatta on 16 June 2007?

If so, the Oceania website says Tilbury, which (as kazwaz says) is nowhere near Southampton. Tilbury is about 25 miles east of London, on the River Thames. Directions for getting to the cruise terminal can be found here. If you want to do it by train, you'll probably want a taxi from the High Street Kensington area to Fenchurch Street Station to get the train from there. (There's no area known as "High Kensington" - you'll really confuse people if you say that!)

sorry I reversed the order - it is Kensington High Street!!!

I was told to take the train from Waterloo station to southhampton!!! and then taxi!!! Whoops!!!

Yes the cruise is leaving from Tilbury Pier..........please give me instructions as to what train stations/trains I am looking for!!!!

I believe there was once a post also that told these directions, but don't quote me.....my instructions came from a lady I met on vacation, who lives in London!!!

CJcruzer

okay so I would take a taxi to Fenchurch street station (around how much money)? then take train to ????? what's the next step??

I am trying to resolve whether I want to do this by taxi/train/taxi or completely by taxi ...so I will need some approximate times and money involved.....

thanks for all your help - I would have been going the wrong way!!! wahhhhhh

CJcruzer

Hi CJcruzer,

Depending on the time of day (i.e. not rush hour 7am - 9am approx. Monday to Friday) you can get the tube (circle line) from High Street, Kensington (the name of the tube station aka high st ken!) to Tower Hill, which is the station for Fenchurch Street. Tower Hill station is about 2 mins walk and signposted (dodging commuters of course). A taxi would probably cost about 20 pounds stirling although it could be more.

If you go to www.nationalrail.co.uk you can find out timetables and prices for trains to Tilbury. Don't know about getting from Tilbury to the dock but I would imagine it's not too expensive by taxi. The journey time is about 45 mins give or take!

Hope this helps.

Karen

Archived