White Pass Railway Snacks

picruiser

I wouldn't take wine. It is very much a family-oriented excursion. It would be considered drinking in public and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing so, nor would I want to see people drinking in public, especially since there is no such service offered on the train (no bar car or anything, I mean).

And only pre-packaged snacks, yes - but you are not permitted to remove any food from the ship. There are signs everywhere.

I wouldn't take wine. It is very much a family-oriented excursion. It would be considered drinking in public and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing so, nor would I want to see people drinking in public, especially since there is no such service offered on the train (no bar car or anything, I mean).

And only pre-packaged snacks, yes - but you are not permitted to remove any food from the ship. There are signs everywhere.

Do the signs say NO FOOD FROM THE SHIP or certain foods? I was under the impression pre-packaged things like granola bars, bottled water, anything packaged (crackers, chips, etc) could be taken off.

Obviously nothing like sandwiches, meat, cheese, eggs, bakery stuff...nothing like that.

^ ^ Well, I can't say I ever saw a packaged granola bar, chips, crackers, or anything like that on board (there may be crackers for soup and small individual boxes of breakfast cereal, but nothing much more elaborate). Bottled water is OK, of course. The signs are referring to fresh foods like the ones you mentioned.

There are numberous threads about no food coming off the ship and things to bring from home, like packaged granola bars for shore excursions, etc. The kitchen staff makes everything fresh - I doubt you'll find anything pre-packaged on board. I never saw anything like that, anyway.

Of course, the option to buy in town is there; the White Pass train stops at or just beyond the pier, if memory serves. You can always buy something in town if you feel you need to, but we didn't. The trip wasn't so long that we couldn't wait until it was over.

Archived