Caribbean Princess Questions

daisy7113

Would someone please be able to tell me a little more info about this ship and also the cruise line in general. We recently sailed with Royal Caribbean but would like some info on Princess in case we decide to try them. We really liked Royal, the food was just okay but we liked everything else. Are the mini-suites nice and roomy?

I had recently read about the norovirus on this ship. Anyone have a problem with this?

All responses and photos are appreciated.

Have sailed once on Royal Caribean and many times on Carnival. Liked Royal--Loved Carnival But sailed Caribbean Princess for our first princess cruise. WOW.

That cruise out far exceeded what I expected for my Princess experince.

i learned you cant always believe what you"hear" like Princess is full of older people and no nightlife. There was not one night we were bored. Never going back to the cabin before midnight. Food was fabulous. Especially in the buffet and Cafe Caribe..so much that we only did the dining room one night only.

My husband and I sailed the Caribbean Princess last April and had a WONDERFUL time. Princess, in our opinion, is better than Royal Caribbean. They have a more intimate atmosphere. I've been a little lazy and haven't posted the photos from that cruise on my Webshots site, but I do have around 200 photos of the ship and the islands we visited if you are interested, I can finish uploading them and direct you to the site.

I've also got the full menus (remember though, this was a year ago and surely they have changed some) and I have all the patters as well.

Please let me know if you're interested in any of this.

Never been on Royal Caribbean before, and only once on Carnival.

We sailed the Caribbean Princess last June and are headed back for a second time on her this summer. We love this ship. It has a "small ship" feel about it. Honestly, the only time we knew that 3000 other passengers were on with us was disembarkation.

We also did anytime dining last year and it worked very well for our party of 3.

There was a post recently about noro on this ship, but I believe that the ship must have handled it pretty well, with under 200 of 3000 passengers getting sick. We have not experienced this yet.

Feel free to check out my pictures from last year if you're interested.

This was my second sailing on the Caribbean Princess. I think she is a beautiful ship. We had a mini-suite for 3 ladies and really had ample room. I only sailed on Royal once and thought that the regular stateroom was larger than the same category that I had on various Princess ships, so the mini-suites may be larger on Royal...I don't know. However, 3 women co-existing with one bathroom, we did very well in the CB mini-suite. Loved the bathroom with full tub and had lots of storage space for our stuff.

I thought the food was really good this trip, both in the dining room and the buffet area, especially Cafe Caribe. We like to cruise on Princess because of the anytime dining. We did make reservations for both formal nights on the morning of the first day at sea, and that worked out very well. Most of the other nights, we chose the buffet area because there were so many choices of nightly activities that we didn't want to tie up our time in the dining room.

It was Spring break so I was a little concerned about the number of college kids or little ones, but there was just the perfect mix. When my husband and I first cruised on Princess 10 years ago or more, there was definitely an older crowd and the entertainment was geared to that age group. It seems now that there is a good mix of ages with the majority in the 30-50's age groups.

Would someone please be able to tell me a little more info about this ship and also the cruise line in general. We recently sailed with Royal Caribbean but would like some info on Princess in case we decide to try them. We really liked Royal, the food was just okay but we liked everything else. Are the mini-suites nice and roomy?

I had recently read about the norovirus on this ship. Anyone have a problem with this?

My husband and I sailed on Royal once, and most recently on the Caribbean princess. We loved loved loved princess. we had an inside room and it was quite large with excellent storage space. the food was excellent. no problems with noro. do you have any other specific questions that I/others can answer for you?

I have a website dedictaed to the caribbean Princess with photos, menus, patters etc.

Just click on the link below in my signature if your interested.

Bill

I have a website dedictaed to the caribbean Princess with photos, menus, patters etc.

Just click on the link below in my signature if your interested.

Bill

Your link doesn't seem to be working....or is it just me??? When I click on it I get something that says "Hacked by the Kutsal". This also happens when I type the address in directly. :eek:

Were you aware?

Just returned this past Sunday from our 2nd sailing on the Caribbean Princess.

The ship was full - spring break. I anticipated that it would be over-run with misbehaved kids, but not the case. The food was terrific - we only ate in the dining room once, Cafe Caribe, the buffet and twice at Sterling Steakhouse (fabulous steaks and service). Room service was always on time (including the extra items we penciled in) and service in general was terrific.

We've had a mini-suite on both sailings and they are wonderful. You have so much room with the sitting area, two TV's (yes, we viewed both). I have been on the open deck (Dolphin) and the covered one on the Emerald Deck.

She still remains my favorite ship out of 20 cruises! :)

You mentioned that you penciled in extra's on your room service menu and received them. Did you get a separate charge for them? Are you able to do that because you had a mini suite? I am asking because I enjoy Pineapple Juice and it isn't listed as one of the room service juice choices and was curious about penciling it in. Thanks.

Your link doesn't seem to be working....or is it just me??? When I click on it I get something that says "Hacked by the Kutsal". This also happens when I type the address in directly. :eek:

Were you aware?

I was aware as Serene56 let me know this morning. I thought it was fixed.

You might need to hit the refresh button. If that doesn't work please let me know as it's OK on my computer.

Thanks

Bill

I'm very interested also to hear reviews.

We (family of 4) sailed DCL, NCL, CCL (my husband will not sail CCL again) but have sailed RCCL many times, connecting balconys or connecting balcony to inside (they have this configuration which we love) and have another RCCL cruise booked for 7/17/08, 9 nights (connecting balcony to inside room).

A priority for 08 is to sail out of NY or NJ.

I am waiting for NCL Gem prices to come out since the ship looks beautiful but also very interested in the Caribbean Princess, since everytime I see a Princess ship sailing, I think how beautiful they look.

I think the prices should be around the same although I am not sure. We do get a discount on our balcony from RCI for being Crown and Anchor members and our ta discounted a little for each of us, but she can do that too with Princess, just not the C&A discount.

So, I gues my question would be, what is different about RCCL and Princess that makes you keep going back to Princess? Thank you.

My family's first Princess cruise was on this ship.

My first cruise, my mom's second cruise, and then my grandmother's first Princess cruise.

In all of our opinions, this ship far exceeded what we expected!

The service was amazing! All of the crew went out of their way to make our cruise great. We had great conversations with the crew about their families and where they came from and things like that.

Our waiters at dinner, George and Jun were great! They were friendly, fun, professional, and attentive. And the maitre'd, David, was also really attentive and friendly. The food was really good. It was prepared very fancy and was delicious.

My grandmother said the food was better on the Caribbean Princess then it was on any of her Holland America cruises. She also liked this overall cruise much better then her Celebrity cruise.

Aside from the great crew and food. The entertainment that I saw was very good.

And then the ship itself was beautiful. The CB is a great ship! it's designed pretty well.(Some design flaws in the placement of the dining rooms)

Otherwise, everything was awesome.

We will definately be going back!

I was aware as Serene56 let me know this morning. I thought it was fixed.

You might need to hit the refresh button. If that doesn't work please let me know as it's OK on my computer.

Thanks

Bill

Thanks, it works.

I'm very interested also to hear reviews.

We (family of 4) sailed DCL, NCL, CCL (my husband will not sail CCL again) but have sailed RCCL many times, connecting balconys or connecting balcony to inside (they have this configuration which we love) and have another RCCL cruise booked for 7/17/08, 9 nights (connecting balcony to inside room).

A priority for 08 is to sail out of NY or NJ.

I am waiting for NCL Gem prices to come out since the ship looks beautiful but also very interested in the Caribbean Princess, since everytime I see a Princess ship sailing, I think how beautiful they look.

I think the prices should be around the same although I am not sure. We do get a discount on our balcony from RCI for being Crown and Anchor members and our ta discounted a little for each of us, but she can do that too with Princess, just not the C&A discount.

So, I gues my question would be, what is different about RCCL and Princess that makes you keep going back to Princess? Thank you.

My husband will not sail CCL again either :) -- and we have not been on RCCL so I really cannot compare for you. I can only give you my opinion.

We liked the Caribbean Princess very much. It was classy in its decor. Each and every crew member we came in contact was extremely friendly and helpful. In our opinion the food was excellent, as was the service. It was a relaxing experience in all aspects.

My husband and myself are not crowd people. We tend to avoid activities that draw large crowds. Therefore, I was wary when I found out that the Caribbean Princess holds somewhere near 3000 passengers, in addition to crew. However, there were only two times we actually noticed the other 3000 people -- the first night at sailaway and disembarkation. The ship is designed with plenty of spots where you can escape. I believe its been mentioned here that the CB is a big ship with small ship appeal. There are plenty of people who will avoid the large ships, but if they are all like the CB than I will not be one of them. Of course, I have yet to sail on the small class of ships and perhaps I'll love them just as much.

Archived