Senior discounts ??

Premontre65

YES you can get discounts. Most are offered for 55 and older. My husband is 58 and we got a discount. Alot of sights will ask zip code and if anyone is 55 or older. then if you check your prices they will be different when you get the new price, some will say senior discount, or resident discount. If you have any questions call the line you have an interest in and ask.

Senior discounts often pop up a couple of months prior to departure. Go to the cruiseline's web site and do a pretend booking to see if one is being offered. If so call your TA if you used one or the cruiseline and say you want the discount. You should get it.

I do not believe that Princess ever offers senior discounts. Carnival, Celebrity, MSC, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean all offer senior discounts, but not at all times, and not on all cruises. You just have to check frequently. Incidentally, while Royal Caribbean's web site does have a way to check for senior discounts, Celebrity's does not, so it is best to use some online agency just for checking and searching.

We recently got a great deal on RCI - 9 days to Canada/NE in a junior suite for a total of $2,998. Since we are platinum members, we got an additional $200 off of that price. We like to sail out of Bayonne, so no airfare is required either. Not all cruises have senior rates, however - you need to keep looking. We also got a good senior rate last year to Bermuda - both cruises were/will be in September - I guess after the kids have gone back to school - which suits us just fine!

You may want to consider our group cruise. The $ saved is more than senior discounts and there are other perks as well.

*Yes, you can join our group today and benefit from Cruise Critics Group pricing, perks and $100.00 /cabin credit!!

Just a thought: We're leaving on a Wed. returning next Thurs.!!

Think of how great it would be-to get reduced rates and less travel hassle -for 8 days instead of 7!~

Anyone will tell you-Fort Lauderdale Airport is like an overcrowded zoo on the weekends!

Let me know if you have any questions___

MMMike

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly princess does not give Senior Discounts (I have 14 cruises with them) and six cruises on Royal Caribbean - I always get the senior discount on RCCL. Carnival now has senior and military discounts. NCL - has a discount for unions.

Charlene

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks to all who have replied to this question. All help and advice is appreciated. Dave

Dave.

WE are booked on the Island Princess sailing from San Juan to Acapulco !! day Panama Canal Crossing. We booked a cat AA mini-suite for $1631 plus Port&Govt't of $300 = $1931. That's a great senior discount.

Richard T.

Archived