Let's Talk Fooood!!!!!!

Navy Bean Soup (my Favorite!), pumpkin soup, strawberry bisque, fresh bread, steaks to order, Pizza to order, the list could go on.

This is not a quiz but more of an expression you can make. What dish or dishes have you found to be the best and what is the worst on a Carnival ship?

After 29 cruises on various lines and half of them on Carnival, yes there are better food choices on other lines, but being a pretty basic guy, I don't care for the fancy dishes, of course cherries jubilee or baked Alaska are still treats, I remember when carnival had these and made pasta right by your table, but that is gone and today I still marvel that they can feed 2000 plus people 10 times a day and the food is excellant.

back to the subject, what do you like best and what do you dislike?

29 cruises down,

hundreds to go!

Navy Bean Soup (my Favorite!), pumpkin soup, strawberry bisque, fresh bread, steaks to order, Pizza to order, the list could go on.

Yep, you got 'em! I want some pupmpkin soup. (and to think I almost didn't try it that time way back:) )

I cruise for the soups, breads, and souffles. I am fond of the pastries too. I am a very light eater by nature, but when I cruise... Look out! Mama's heading to the dining room!:D ( I think they need to add a hungry face to the smilies.;) )

Well for lunch on the Victory I like to get two hotdogs, cover the dogs with french fries and top it off with a layer of chili and cheese. The hot pastrami sandwiches are good also.:D

I really don't care for their pizza.:(

The fresh fruit is wonderful too. Did I mention Lobster? Where's my hungry face?:mad: Actually that resembles me if I get too hungry. This one too.:( Here I am after my first lunch on embarkation Day.:p This is me when I get up the day after the cruise and have to prepare my own breakfast.:confused:

I have enjoyed most of the offerings on Carnival, but I'll name my favorites:

Lido: Deli Reubens, and Goat cheese pizza.

Room service: Roast beef & brie on baguette.

Dining room:

• Breakfast - Eggs Benedict & Espresso
  • Lunch - Mongolian Steak Sandwich & French pastries & Cappuccino
  • Dinner - Beef Wellington & Chilean Sea Bass & Double Espresso

(I'm a retired chef from N.O., and I'm a bit of a 'foodie', but thoroughly enjoy all of the above.) I won't comment on their version of GUMBO, as I'm a bit partial to my own.;)

ANYTHING at the breakfast buffet. I could eat breakfast all day :rolleyes:

Escargot

Chocolate melting cake

Ceasar salad at dinner (and I'm not a salad fan!)

Mashed potatos at the lunch buffet with the "cheese of the day" (the Brie mashed potatos were awesome!)

Tuna and turkey sandwiches from the deli

Hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and pizza from the grill

Potato salad from the lunch buffet

I am getting hungry! One ?-with all the Carnival cruises we have been on I have NEVER had a roast beef and brie sandwich :confused: Can't wait until July when we go on Victory! Do they have them at the deli or are they only available thru room service?

Did you say 29 cruises ???:eek: Dude, you're my Idol!:cool:

This is not a quiz but more of an expression you can make. What dish or dishes have you found to be the best and what is the worst on a Carnival ship?

After 29 cruises on various lines and half of them on Carnival, yes there are better food choices on other lines, but being a pretty basic guy, I don't care for the fancy dishes, of course cherries jubilee or baked Alaska are still treats, I remember when carnival had these and made pasta right by your table, but that is gone and today I still marvel that they can feed 2000 plus people 10 times a day and the food is excellant.

back to the subject, what do you like best and what do you dislike?

29 cruises down,

hundreds to go!

Count me in on the roast beef and brie! That sandwich was AWESOME!!!

I also loved the pumpkin soup....I loved the omelet station. I love the guava juice on the Lido! The lamb was very good as was the champagne truffle cake! I don't think I had a bad meal the whole week. But wanna know the best part of it??? I didn't have to cook it!!! :D

OK, Cotton, you truely make my day when I get to read your postings;) I did catering (small parties ie., 6; 8; or 10 for dinner), and as such, I am absolutely passionate about food:p I especially love soups, so when you mentioned gumbo....yumm, I was all ears!!

Now that we are primairly on a low-fat food way of life (my DH had a mild heart attack last month and had to have a stent put into the circumflex artery of his heart, but he is doing great according to his cardiololgist:) ), we will be eating more and more of Carnival's low-fat cuisine.

I have always eaten that part of their menus on our past cruises and they have always been terrific!! Now my DH will be experiencing it too!

Keep it up, foodies:D

Rick and Janine

Breakfast on Lido - sausage and bacon, bacon and sausage.

Lunch - has to be a Reuben at the Deli, but try it made with pastrami instead of corned beef.

Dinner - the Georges Blanc Signature duck breast dish on the first formal night. I know that's lobster night, but try the duck (or have both).

OK, Cotton, you truely make my day when I get to read your postings;)

Ah shucks....thx! You made MY day by saying that.:)

I started out many moons ago by doing small parties for my friends. The rest is history. Loved my profession!

My favorites: soups, especially the pumpkin and wild mushroom soups and the lobster bisque. The soups at the Chinese stand on Lido deck are very good as well, although I don't care as much for their entrees. My favorite dining room entree is the filet mignon. I didn't care for the beef Wellington (sorry, Cotton!:o ) Maybe it was because I tried it on a port day when I was tired and had a bit too much sun....

My oldest son's favorites: tilapia and salmon. He also enjoys the sushi on the ships with a separate sushi bar. (DH and I have never made it there - we ask for early seating and we're too stuffed to try it after dinner.)

Younger sons' favorites: Anything from the Lido grill as long as it comes with fries. We're still trying to expand their horizons.;)

Archived