Find best Transatlantic flight fare for 2008

Does anyone know or have experience in finding a reasonable/cheapest airfare from Atlanta to London Heathrow Airport?

We are going to be on Independence of the Seas in August '08 and have no clue where to look for the best deals.

Also, would August '08 be peak season fare wise?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

found better prices and an easier format on sidestep.com. I used it for finding flights for Vancouver this summer. kayak and those were showing 600$ per person cheapest with 1 stop and sidestep found me a $300 rt, non-stop per person

I just had another thought. {senior moment} Maybe you should book the cruise with RCI airfare. Your deposit will not change. Then when you do go looking for flights, you will have a price to compare with. If you find a lower price, cancel with RCI. At least this way you have a price locked in.

In my trans-Atlantic experience, United (booking direct) were the cheapest for me although I have also crossed with BA and Virgin. I did have to fly to Dulles and change but the flights cost £300 each instead of about £500/£600! This made a big difference for a family of four.

When I booked my United flights I also joined their loyalty programme. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but we checked in to find that we had been upgraded - that extra legroom was fantastic!

p.s. 'Corby' - that's not because you are from Corby in Northamptonshire is it?

You can sometimes find great prices (especially for one-ways in case you are doing transatlantic cruises) at www.bt-store.com

Also have a look at www.itasoftware.com (log in "as guest") and www.mobissimo.com These two are similar to www.kayak.com They don't sell any tickets directly, just show you where to get the best fares.

I also suggest booking your air with the cruiseline for the time being. If you find a better price before your cruise's final payment is due, you can cancel the cruiseline's air without penalty and book the airfare on your own. If you find a desirable flight that costs more than what the cruiseline is charging, see if you can use the cruiseline's custom air to get that flight. We have taken two TAs and got the flight we wanted through RCI's custom air for less than it would have cost to book the flight on our own.:) It was the best of all possible worlds- a morning flight to London at a lower price than the airline was charging, and because of our C&A level, there was no Custom Air surcharge. Most airline's will not allow you to book your flights more than 329 days in advance. If you are looking at an eastbound TA, that date may be close, but if it is for a westbound TA you still have a few months to go before you can book with the airlines.:(

TenerifeSharon, I was pretty much raised in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Attended Colegio Teresiano there until I turned 17. My dad was with the Apollo tracking station in Mas Palomas for 7 years.

Since being back in the USA your nickname is the first I've seen from there so I had to say "HI"

Also, thanks for the websites. We will be flying from Huntsville Alabama to London next year for a cruise on Independence of the Seas and the air fare is foreign to me as far as outside of the USA.

Peggy

Archived