Neptune Lounge Charge

mickeyfitz

I believe I saw at one time that you could pay a per day fee to obtain access for additional guests in the Neptune. Does anyone know if this is correct and, if so, what the charge is?

Mickeyfitz:

To the best of my knowledge, if you want access to the Neptune Lounge, you must pay for it by purchasing a suite in the S category (that includes SA, SB, and SC) or the penthouse (PH category). I have never heard of a per day fee for Neptune Lounge access, sorry.

I believe I saw at one time that you could pay a per day fee to obtain access for additional guests in the Neptune. Does anyone know if this is correct and, if so, what the charge is?

Hi Mickey; this is not correct!

I very seriously doubt it and do not think it possible. The Lounges are not that big and have been designed to service a finite number of guests. The concierge can only efficiently assist in just so many issues at a time. It is an amenity that attaches to Suite guests only.

Totally agree with Sails. No way should or would HAL allow suite guests to bring in non-suite family or friends to the NL for a nominal fee. It has nothing to do with paying for any of the services/food available in the lounge. It is an issue of space in the lounge and the time it takes for the concierge to do the many things they already do to serve the suite guests. The concierge already has a fulltime job with just the PS and S pax. :)

Can anyone explain to me what the concierge does in the Neptune Lounge? We've booked the Zuiderdam for a TA crossing and we're wondering just what are the perks of the mysterious Neptune Lounge??:)

They handled all our excursion requests, changed large bills to small (probably would have cashed our TC's, had we needed them to), and basically handled any and all paperwork that had to be done (there were a few things, but I can't remember exactly what at this moment). If you want to invite others to your cabin for a get-together, they will handle all the invitations. Whatever your needs are, they will handle everything.

It was nice to not have to go to the front desk during our cruise.

They handled all our excursion requests, changed large bills to small (probably would have cashed our TC's, had we needed them to), and basically handled any and all paperwork that had to be done (there were a few things, but I can't remember exactly what at this moment). If you want to invite others to your cabin for a get-together, they will handle all the invitations. Whatever your needs are, they will handle everything.

It was nice to not have to go to the front desk during our cruise.

Now, that's the kinda thing I was wondering about. So, you could book your excursions with the concierge? It sounds almost as good as having your own private butler. I am so looking forward to the experience!!:D

We have found the Concierges on HAL better than any butler we ever had on other cruise lines. The Concierges are there to help in every way imaginable but never obtrusive as we have found butlers can be.

Between the excellent cabin stewards and Concierges on HAL there is just about nothing that cannot be accomplished with the least effort expended by the guest.

Now, that's the kinda thing I was wondering about. So, you could book your excursions with the concierge? It sounds almost as good as having your own private butler. I am so looking forward to the experience!!:D

On the first day, we booked most of our excursions around 2:00 or so. I was really surprised at how much we enjoyed the NL and the concierge service. We used both more than we thought we would.

It is like having your own private butler. In fact, I liked this better than a butler. They were always there, and we called or went to the NL when we needed help with something.

Several nights we found a plate with chocolate covered strawberries, and assorted chocolates (in our room) from the consierge. It was so nice to be pampered! And it was such a RUDE awakening to come back to the real world! :)

IF some of your guests are Suite guests, you would beenable to order more complimentary appetizers for guests who were not in Suites. If your total guest count is 12 and two couples are suites guests, you'd have no additional charge. I think you can order AT LEAST enough for 4 persons amd incur no charge so if you have guests from 3 suites, that is appetiziers for at least 12 complimentary

Also, what they deliver is so ample that if you order for 10, you'd have plenty of food for 14 or even more. ;)

Archived