Roll Call: Liberty of the Seas - 8/18/07

Daghis

My husband and I will be sailing on this cruise with our two sons. We decided to go on this cruise after we finalized the adoption of our second son last year.

Our older son has gone on four cruises with us already, but our younger one hasn't had the experience yet. I'm looking forward to seeing him experience his first cruise!

• 3 months later...

Hi

Me and my partner of 8 years just booked this cruise. Seems like this threat has been quiet, hope there are a few more family members on board! We are from NYC and dont have but love children. Hope to meet you on the sailing.

Zach and Andrew

Hi! I'm glad that someone found this thread!

My husband, Barry, is originally from Brooklyn, although we've been either in Pittsburgh or Southern California for the past seventeen years that we've been together. Our kids are Nick (14) and Alex (10).

Why don't you also join us on the general Roll Call thread? We're planning a pre-cruise get-together at Bayside Marketplace on Friday evening. There are details on the latter pages of that thread. Plus, sign up for the Meet & Mingle that'll be on Sunday (morning, I think) on board.

I look forward to meeting you two!

Looking forward to meeting you both (and your kids) too. We were on the R Family inaugural cruise in 2004 and it was such an amazing experience. Made me sooo want to have kids! What are you guys planning on doing in St. Marteen and Haiti?

Zach and Andrew

What are you guys planning on doing in St. Marteen and Haiti?

We're not really sure yet. In St. Maarten, Barry wants to go to the French side of the island this time, so we're going to try to make it a point to head over there at some point. Over at Labadee, we'll probably just hang out at the beach while entertaining the kids at the various water park activities.

We are doing a tour in St. Marteen with a wonderful local lady with whom we have toured twice before. She is terrific! We are planning on hitting three different beaches, including the airport beach where you can sit on the beach and watch planes land right over your head, including 747s! Also, Cupecoy which i think is the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean and some shopping. If you would like to join us she has a van which can take up to 7. You can read reviews about her in the boards, her name is Joyce Prince.

Do you know whether her shopping is on the French side of the island? Barry really wants to head over there this time. He's not much of a beach person, so he might very well do that on his own, though.

she will arrange anything that we want so long as we all agree on the same things. she could also take you there while we went to one of the beaches. But mainly we want to do a beach day. St. Marteen has so many beautiful beaches, including nude, gay and regular, and it is fun to do them all. but we have done the nude beach (orient) before and dont plan on doing that one again. Cupecoy is the gay beach and is clothing optional, so this wouldnt be something you would want to do with your kids.

I'll talk to Barry about this when he gets back home next week and see what he wants to do at St. Maarten. Who knows, he might do the gay beach with you while I take the kids off to do something else. (For me, no beach is clothing optional as no one wants to see me choosing that option. :))

well you would be surprised at who is choosing that option! Almost invariably, those that should have not, and those you would want to see are fully cloothed, LOL> In any event, I now recall that Cupecoy has serveral different sections. one of which is gay and clothing optional,one which is straight and clothing optional, and one is for those keeping their bathing suits on, and they are alll really close by to eachother. The kids would definitely find the airport beach a blast (literally) as do we!

Let us know what you decide, cant believe its only three weeks now!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived