Shopping In New York

Miss Jolly

What time do the shops in New York City close on weekends please?Thank you.

Jennie

Jennie,

Have you been to NYC before? Do you have much time there or only one Sunday? Are you sailing from? Why Macy's? (just curious) How old are you, you might appreciate the SoHo area more, it is trendy and has the greatest designer shops- I guess living here I am curious how people from abroad view a store like Macy's?? Other than Macys Christmas windows to me it is an average place one wouldnt be excited to visit- so I might just be missing something that a tourist might see??

Im sure you will enjoy your stay!!!

Jennie,

Have you been to NYC before? Do you have much time there or only one Sunday? Are you sailing from? Why Macy's? (just curious) How old are you, you might appreciate the SoHo area more, it is trendy and has the greatest designer shops- I guess living here I am curious how people from abroad view a store like Macy's?? Other than Macys Christmas windows to me it is an average place one wouldnt be excited to visit- so I might just be missing something that a tourist might see??

I agree. For clothing, fun and inexpensive, Mexx, H&M, Yellow Rat Bastard. Fun place to shop; Pearl River.

Amazing store: ABC Home & Carpet.

I don't know if I told you this but if youa re front of town and show id at the service desk at the second floor of Macy's they will give you a coupon good all day for 13% off almost everything---even on sale(except a few items).

Make sure you check out the street vendors in Time Square. There is usually a two block long street fair. I'm fairly certain its 42nd Street, directly across from the Marriott Marquis Hotel. Ask at the hotel and they can tell you definitely were it is. Purses, jewelry, etc. . . great buys to be had. :D

Jennie,

Hi CruiseDivaNJ.

I am in my mid forties and will be shopping with my husband and teenagers. I just used Macey's as an example although I would like to visit there as it is famous here in Australia as it is supposed to be the largest department store. We have three nights but the first is taken as we arrive very late and the second is taken with Broadway (+ Yankees game in the day). We plan to sightsee like crazy on the Sunday and thought it would help to shop at night. We do have half of Monday up our sleeve as we fly out early evening. We are looking forward to our visit - wish it was longer.

Jennie

Archived