Anyone care to play? Name that beach, BVI

Pyrate13

Okay...this one is my favorite...not only the Beach but for the Woman in the foreground that I have spent the last 24 yrs with. We plan to renew our vows on this beach for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in two years...Her favorite Beach as well...

1173874835058377563S600x600Q85.jpg

OK TT, congratulations. I know 64drvr and how he knows about the BVI and some folks here know my history with the islands. How did you gain your knowledge as these last two were not common cruise tour stops and lesser known. Have you spent time on land there? Don't tell me you cheated and used the URL's. :D

Pyrate13 -

I've spent some time down in the BVI the past two years, both land-based and chartered catamaran. I've also managed to do A LOT of research (TTOL) and looked at tons of pictures! I actually just returned from spending two and a half weeks down in the BVI at the beginning of May. The first week we rented a villa on Virgin Gorda (Little Trunk Valley Beach) where my brother also had his wedding. The second week, my brother, his wife and I joined 7 friends who flew into Tortola where we chartered the catamaran Lionheart out of Village Cay for the week. Needless to say, I've seen my share of beaches around Tortola and the like...our captain (Mobbsie) also helped clue me in on my beach geography while under sail. Anyway, no cheating here...just some good local knowledge of the area! That being said, is the most recent picture Lambert Beach on Tortola? It looks like an East End beach.

OK, I think I may know who you are, perhaps we have conversed on TTOL??? We also live somewhat near each other. You were there slightly before us this year. If you are who I believe, then you may also recognize someone else on this board just by their photos.

As for the beach, Lambert's is close but that's not it. Very few people seem to go to this beach due to the difficulty of getting there. 4WD is a must.

Oh, and feel free to add your beach photo's to the mix, the more the merrier as they say. :)

PS the cheating thing was just a tease.;)

Yes, there is probably a good chance you've conversed with either me or my brother through TTOL. Our handles are Jefe and Grizzy respectively on that board. Oh and I guess we are pretty much neighbors...what area of FL are you in?

I haven't been on Cruise Critic for quite some time. I was a regular poster here back when I was cruising a lot, but since making the transition to chartering catamarans I've spent most of my time on TTOL. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to come back over here and see what's been going happening on the RCCL boards and I thought I could answer some questions on the Tortola board. It's good to hear there are some TTOL people over this way that can give good, reliable information when it comes to the BVI.

I'll have to admit, I'm stumped about your last photo! When you said Lambert was close, I tried to narrow it down by looking at a map of Tortola, but that didn't help much. Is this one of those "un-named beaches" that you won't find on a map...more or less known and named by the locals?? On our trip last month, we went to this great little gem of a beach on the north side of Tortola between Shark Bay and Cooper Bay called Lava Flow (Rogue Bay) and did a little surfing! Anyway, the beach in your photo looks like it might be near there.

Once the answer is officially posted, I'll try my hand at posting one of my pics!

Jeff

Yup, that's who I figured you were. We're in Polk City, just outside of Lakeland.

As with the other TTOL person here, we hope we can give the folks on this board more information about the BVI than the cruise lines offer. I have read things about the BVI on cruise line web sites that just are not true or are way off the mark, whether intentional or not. I don't make claims to being an expert but after 8 years of visting both on land and by charter boat I do have a little bit of knowledge that may be helpful to others. Welcome back, your experience is always useful and after all, that's what boards like this are all about.

The beach in the last photo is in the opposite direction from Rogue Bay and past Lambert's. The name is used on at least a couple of other beaches, just as Long Bay is used on several. It may or may not be on a map depending on which map you look at. It is just visible in this photo...

1076722670044477402S600x600Q85.jpg

The Rogue's Bay I know of is in this one...

1076722450044477402S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived