Favorite Cabin for Alaska

arlenez

What is your favorite cabin selection for cruises to Alaska on the Vista Class ships cruising from Seattle? Is port side verandah/suites better for viewing? Is aft corner cabin a good spot?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

I am on the 5/26 Oosterdam for our first Alaska cruise, and first time on HAL, and first time to Alaska! :)

Cabin #8135, aft corner.

Is this a good location?

I am actually guessing there is probably no "bad" location...as long as we are on the ship somewhere!

A bad day cruising is still better than a good day at work...and what a vacation we will have!! :D

Cheers! :)

It is not a BAD location, but if it were me, I would prefer to see where i was going rather than where I have been. If there is any wildlife to be seen it is usually off the bow rather than the stern. And in my experience, even passengers with balcony cabins would often come up on one of the open decks and watch the scenery. Scenery and small towns like Skagway or Ketchikan are really what Alaska is all about.:)

It is not a BAD location, but if it were me, I would prefer to see where i was going rather than where I have been. If there is any wildlife to be seen it is usually off the bow rather than the stern. And in my experience, even passengers with balcony cabins would often come up on one of the open decks and watch the scenery. Scenery and small towns like Skagway or Ketchikan are really what Alaska is all about.:)

I had a bow cabin on the NCL Star, loved it when we were in port, but it was too windy to use the balcony when we were on the move. Sometimes I could not even open the balcony door due to the wind.

This will be our first aft cabin, (of which we have heard so many rave reviews about) and since I have a "wrap around" at least I will be able to see the side view also.

Of course "cruising" the decks above will always be fun too...don't want to stay in the cabin the whole time! :)

Aft corner is fabulous! You'll have glaciers in your back yard!!!

They announced that the Crow's Nest had the best viewing. Nah... windows were fogged and the place was mobbed. We watched from our aft veranda, had the TV on for the narration, and spent the afternoon in leisure.

GN

Aft corner is fabulous! You'll have glaciers in your back yard!!!

They announced that the Crow's Nest had the best viewing. Nah... windows were fogged and the place was mobbed. We watched from our aft veranda, had the TV on for the narration, and spent the afternoon in leisure.

GN

Sounds wonderful to me!! Can't wait!! :D

Thanks, grannynurse!

Can't say about HAL specifically, but I've heard the AFT balconies on HAL ships are as good or better than those on Celebrity's Millenium class ships. If that's the case, go AFT. :D We had an AFT CC cabin on X & had little reason to leave our cabin. We saw lots of sealife in the wake, more than we did on our whale watching tour. When we got closer to the glacier, there were harbor seals (?) lounging around on blocks of ice, which we had a perfect view of. Our tablemates were in a suite, & were very envious of our balcony. They swore next time, they'd book AFT. I also think the corner AFT cabins are best for glacier viewing. Out of those the Starboard side was better on our cruise. We had a decent view, but joined fellow CC members on their corner FV for a fabulous view. While others were on deck all bundled up & still freezing, we were protected from the elements without sacrificing the view. It was perfect!

Can't say about HAL specifically, but I've heard the AFT balconies on HAL ships are as good or better than those on Celebrity's Millenium class ships. If that's the case, go AFT. :D We had an AFT CC cabin on X & had little reason to leave our cabin. We saw lots of sealife in the wake, more than we did on our whale watching tour. When we got closer to the glacier, there were harbor seals (?) lounging around on blocks of ice, which we had a perfect view of. Our tablemates were in a suite, & were very envious of our balcony. They swore next time, they'd book AFT. I also think the corner AFT cabins are best for glacier viewing. Out of those the Starboard side was better on our cruise. We had a decent view, but joined fellow CC members on their corner FV for a fabulous view. While others were on deck all bundled up & still freezing, we were protected from the elements without sacrificing the view. It was perfect!

Another stroke of luck! Mine is also starboard!

Thanks!

Archived