Worried About Passport

Hi All!

I submitted my passport for renewal Feb. 16th and have not yet received the new one.

Can anyone tell me how long it's been taking?

Has anyone gone over 10 weeks?

Any words of advice would be appreciated!

:) We applied 2-12-07 and got one last week and the other one today. Now that they have added more help on, I think the turn around is slowly getting sooner.

How did you know that they have added on more help?

I Received my renewal in 11 weeks. You can check the progress of your renewal online at https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

There is also a number listed which you can call if you're traveling within two weeks.

Hope this helps.

jd:)

I have checked and all it says is that they have received it and are processing it.

Does the website say when it has been mailed?

How did you know that they have added on more help?

Various newspapers around the country have been running updates in the travel sections (and other sections as well) saying that passports are taking a LOT longer now,and in one article in the Washington Post they did say they have added addtional help to expidite passports since they have been overwhelmed.I sent mine in the 1st of March and I do not expect it until sometime in may if then,and mine was a renewal,but it makes no difference anymore.I am afraid it will be like this for a while longer:mad: .

Did you guys paid extra so that can expedite it...normally it should be 2-3 days. I understand that there is now a time lag of 2 weeks due to the enormus amount of renewals.

I did not,and it seems paying extra isn't helping much these days..it used to be counted in days,but weeks now.I usually don't travel until Fall now so I was not worried,,,maybe I should have given it another thought....:eek:

I have checked and all it says is that they have received it and are processing it.

Does the website say when it has been mailed?

Yes. I checked the website every other day after about 8 weeks. When it has been completed the web site indicates it has been mailed and about when you should receive it.

:)

Yes. I checked the website every other day after about 8 weeks. When it has been completed the web site indicates it has been mailed and about when you should receive it.

Thank you for posting this info..I had given up checking the website..I was just going to camp out by the mailbox:D :D

My husband applied for his on 2/6 still have not recieved it. Still being processed on the website. Tried to call - call was dropped because they said lines were all busy. Traveling on 5/9.

I would keep calling or trying to..as the time is getting close...just MHO.Then again maybe the passport fairy will come through:D .

On January 27th I submitted a request for a Passport renewal for my husband, brand new passport for my daughter and I needed a new one too(long story) Anyway,my husbands was processed on march 26th and received a day or 2 later and my daughters and mine were processed on march 28th and received a day or 2 later. Based on this experience hopefully yours will be on it's way in the next few days.

I will keep my fingers crossed. Please post and let us know how it works out.

Angie

My husband applied for his on 2/6 still have not recieved it. Still being processed on the website. Tried to call - call was dropped because they said lines were all busy. Traveling on 5/9.

You are still about 21 days away but if you get close you could call Sen. Hatch's office for some assistance.

They seem to be processing passports by travel date instead of date received. They do not even want you phoning until two weeks before your travel date:

"If you have already applied but will not need your passport within the next two weeks:Don't worry, please!!! There should be no need to contact us at this time. Our goal is to make sure that no one misses a trip. We have added staff and are working overtime across the country." from http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html

This method seems to guarantee that they worry each and every passport applicant.

I read on a message board yesterday that someone filed for a passport and told the wait is 14 weeks.

I hope it goes faster for you.

Now I really am getting worried. When we applied for the renewal of my son's passport we weren't sure of when his actual departure date would be.

I think I put down that his trip was sometime in May. His actual departure date is May 9th.

I sent his in certified mail and so I know they received it on Feb. 20, so it's been 9 weeks now.

I think I will call our Senator tomorrow and see what he can do for us.

Thanks for the idea.

Now I really am getting worried.
"If you have already applied but will not need your passport within the next two weeks:Don't worry, please!!! There should be no need to contact us at this time. Our goal is to make sure that no one misses a trip. We have added staff and are working overtime across the country." from http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...sing_1740.html

I can not believe you would worry when the US Department of State tells you not to. It is like you don't trust the government or something.

"If you have already applied but will not need your passport within the next two weeks:Don't worry, please!!! There should be no need to contact us at this time. Our goal is to make sure that no one misses a trip. We have added staff and are working overtime across the country." from http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...sing_1740.html

I can not believe you would worry when the US Department of State tells you not to. It is like you don't trust the government or something.

Your right! What WAS I thinking?!!!!

By the way, the website says that mine has been mailed, but no response on my sons.

Our Senator's office said that they would expidite our sons for $60 so we did it just to make sure.

Archived