A BIG Thank you to GmaPajama

Old As Dirt Mom

I would like to say "thank you so much" to Donna (GmaPajama) for stepping in to fill Ziggy's shoes by taking over the "Cruising CC'ers List". Not only is she keeping track of everyone's cruises, she's updating the list several times a week, plus sending various CC'ers off with a big "Bon Voyage" AND a lovely verse of poetry to boot! What a talented lady:) !!

Donna, your efforts are noted and appreciated!:)

Karin

Oh My !!

What a delightful surprise to check CC tonight and discover this thread. You are all so very thoughtful to take the time to post your comments. I'm having a great time doing this "job" - and and am humbled by your kind words.

Karin - mother always claimed one of us must belong to the milkman. Please tell me your father had some other profession there in Maywood!

WindyCity - I loved that we could put away that huge apple dumpling. I'm still full!

SakeDad - I'll have to tell my grandkids "I Rock". They'll never believe that one!

earl_m, localady, sail, and hammybee - Thank you, too, for adding to this thread. It means a lot to me.:)

Donna,

You are confusing ( in more ways than one) middle-aged mom and me, hammybee, who is also a middle-aged mom, in real life.

I have a sister named Donna. You and I come from the same mother figure and my dad got around a lot- he drove a taxi, lived in Maywood..... So you never know..... :) :) :)

Donna,

You are confusing ( in more ways than one) middle-aged mom and me, hammybee, who is also a middle-aged mom, in real life.

I have a sister named Donna. You and I come from the same mother figure and my dad got around a lot- he drove a taxi, lived in Maywood..... So you never know..... :) :) :)

Thank you for clarifying for me, Hammy; I was starting to worry about what my ol' dad might have been up to on one of his business trips!:eek:

(Maybe Hammybee and I should get a group name and post here as one entity. How 'bout "Middle-Aged Hammy" or "Hammy Mom"?:rolleyes:)

Karin - "Hammy"

Well ... they say the first thing to go is the mind, and I just proved that to be true. My apologies middle-aged mom and hammybee. Just so neither of you has a milkman in the family, I guess all is well.

Let's see, what else could I have confused today? I was thinning my field daisies - wonder if I pulled them all by mistake. I'm off to check!

Donna

Hi Donna,

I too would like to add my thanks and appreciation for the monumental task you have volunteered to take on. Ziggy is a hard act to follow but you are doing a truly fantastic job and you are certainly a better woman than I.

I agree with SakeDad: YOU ROCK!

Valerie:)

What a great thread topic! Thanks for starting it, M-A M. :)

I've noticed the poems in every send-off that Donna's written and been left in awe that she comes up with something different each time.

Good going, Donna! :D (can you really keep it up for the long haul? :eek: Wow.)

Thank you so much, SDHALFAN, RuthC, Bill S, jhannah, and arzz, for adding your kind words to this thread. Updating the List is actually good therapy for someone like me - before I retired, my job gave me free reign with my "creativity". I needed a new outlet, and this has been a fun one.

RuthC - As for the poetry, I expect it will get a bit corny as time passes. I wrote some pretty funny ones one day last week, when I was bored - but need to learn a bit about personalities before I dump one of those on someone. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Donna, what a surprise when I checked back for postings from 4/12 forward and found your "Bon Voyage" message. I felt so special! Thanks for thinking of me.

Had left the previous day so didn't check the boards until I returned from the cruise. This way, your "Bon Voyage" also became my "Welcome home".

Archived