Here is Bingo Dog...

Nitra

For those that are wondering! I just went to webshots and did a search for Bingo Dog.. lots of photos come up but there are a few of the Bingo Dog we are talking about on here..

bingo dog

Bingo Dog again

So that is what is so special.. I have one in my curio cabinet... he will stay there this year, might buy him a friend this year.

We were lucky. We bought one on AOS, and during the last game of the last day, someone left us a free friend for him. :) I couldn't believe that they would just abandon such a poor, helpless animal though. :( :D

Doesn't look anything like my Bingo. Mine is a husky. Got him on Radiance in Alaska.

On our Splendour cruise in January Bingo was like the pictures above but dressed in raggae garb. Wish I had bought one to add to my collection.

I'm curious if he'll be dressed like a belly dancer on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. :p

Doesn't look anything like my Bingo. Mine is a husky. Got him on Radiance in Alaska.

On our Splendour cruise in January Bingo was like the pictures above but dressed in raggae garb. Wish I had bought one to add to my collection.

I'm curious if he'll be dressed like a belly dancer on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. :p

Why dont you take a photo and share???

I was just giving them an idea what bingo looks like, this is the normal bingo dog, while I am sure there are variations. At least now people have an idea when someone refers to the Bingo dog!

SeattleKnitChick Do all cruises offer you the opportunity to buy a BINGO dog?

I would assume so, I am also interested to see if they have it dressed when I cruise in May. Last May I got on like in the photos but I dont want to take him again, he is in my curio with my 3 foot tall 1960's raggedy ann doll.. :D

Why dont you take a photo and share???
Found one I took on the ship. I haven't uploaded it to my website so will try to attach it here if it's not too big.

Okay, after previewing this post I see he's teeny tiny. LOL! I think if you click on the photo you can see it in a slightly larger version.

Isn't he adorable?! :) Too bad he didn't bring me a lick of luck. :p

1639428367_DSC02251(Small).jpg.e6f670399b8f1f421804a493a2de66a2.jpg

Do all cruises offer you the opportunity to buy a BINGO dog?
I'm pretty sure they do. Bingo (the dog) was not available on our first cruise in late 2004 but has been on our 3 cruises since then.

Last May I got on like in the photos but I dont want to take him again, he is in my curio with my 3 foot tall 1960's raggedy ann doll.. :D
I'm with you. I'm kicking myself for not buying the one from our Splendour cruise. I didn't play enough Bingo to warrant buying one but I should have gotten him for my collection. I really hope they do start dressing them up differently. You'd think it would be a good gimmick to get people to buy them each cruise instead of reusing them. ;)

Found one I took on the ship. I haven't uploaded it to my website so will try to attach it here if it's not too big.

Okay, after previewing this post I see he's teeny tiny. LOL! I think if you click on the photo you can see it in a slightly larger version.

Wow. I've neer seen one like that before. I've seen some with clothes on. I wonder if we'll ever find one on any of our sailings. My DB and DSIL have huskies, and I'm sure they'd find it interesting.

Wow. I've neer seen one like that before. I've seen some with clothes on. I wonder if we'll ever find one on any of our sailings. My DB and DSIL have huskies, and I'm sure they'd find it interesting.
You'll just have to get out of your Baja rut and go to Alaska. ;)

I don't think DH wants to go to Alaska anytime soon though. :(
He doesn't know what he's missing. Alaska is amazing!

Do you buy them at bingo...we always play but I have never them for sale.

Or do we buy it in the gift shop?

You buy them at Bingo. Were they not offered on your Jewel cruise in 2006? I wouldn't think you could miss it as they hawk them pretty steadily plus I would imagine you would have seen lots of them on tables around you with people who had bought them.

I know, but he's more into Europe or warm weather. We shall see. Thanks for the info! :)

He doesn't know what he's missing. Alaska is amazing!

You buy them at Bingo. Were they not offered on your Jewel cruise in 2006? I wouldn't think you could miss it as they hawk them pretty steadily plus I would imagine you would have seen lots of them on tables around you with people who had bought them.

Someone tell me if I am crazy............

I don't play bingo, so I never considered buying one, but I could have *sworn* that I saw people carrying them on at least one of my cruises, and it was a weiner dog! (dachshund)

Any confirmation?

Wonder if they were security blanket dogs? I've never seen a Doxie. They've all looked alike w/diff. outfits except for Alaskan Huskies & that's only hear say..didn't play on that cruise. I've read pro & con about re-using them on diff. sailings. Last one I didn't take him to Bingo & one staff member said yes..too late. Not nice enough or cute enough to me to pay $10 to collect, IMHO.

Wonder if they were security blanket dogs? I've never seen a Doxie. They've all looked alike w/diff. outfits except for Alaskan Huskies & that's only hear say..didn't play on that cruise. I've read pro & con about re-using them on diff. sailings. Last one I didn't take him to Bingo & one staff member said yes..too late. Not nice enough or cute enough to me to pay $10 to collect, IMHO.

Okay, this is clearly something new since my last RCCL cruise. "Re-using them" for what? :confused:

Okay, this is clearly something new since my last RCCL cruise. "Re-using them" for what? :confused:
Re-using them on another cruise without repurchasing a new one. They get you an extra game sheet of 3 cards for the final game of each session you play.

How much, and where do you buy them?

My daughter is a bingo lover!

They are $10 and you buy them at a Bingo session.

They've all looked alike w/diff. outfits except for Alaskan Huskies & that's only hear say..didn't play on that cruise.

Aprille: I wasn't doubting that there are Huskies since I've read sev. times about them. "Hear say" because I didn't see them on board. My old eyes could not distinguish the type dog in your pic. even when enlarged. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :( Another example of the written word not conveying the total thoughts.

Alaska was on the Serenade & other Carib. cruises on the Mariner and yes, you bought the dogs @ Bingo for $10 when I got mine. No T-Shirt @ that time either!

Aprille: I wasn't doubting that there are Huskies since I've read sev. times about them. "Hear say" because I didn't see them on board. My old eyes could not distinguish the type dog in your pic. even when enlarged. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :( Another example of the written word not conveying the total thoughts.
Okay. Hearsay on your particular Alaska cruise. Got it!

I'm the one who should apologize. :o I'm just a wee bit snarky by nature. ;) Don't always mean to come off that way. It's just my nature. :cool:

I'm sorry! Can we be friends? :)

Reading all thes threads about the Bingo Dog, maybe the Radiance for Oct 11 , 08 will have them in Hula Skirts. Did'nt see any on the Princess Cruise last April or I missed them.

OMG how cute!! Much cuter than the typical bingo dog!

I really hope they have one on this cruise dressed up somehow! I will know in 2 weeks. I am buying one, even if I dont play.

A weiner dog?? That would be too cute too! OMG I will have to start getting folks to collect them for me.. LOL

Reading all thes threads about the Bingo Dog, maybe the Radiance for Oct 11 , 08 will have them in Hula Skirts. Did'nt see any on the Princess Cruise last April or I missed them.

I think this is a Royal Caribbean thing, so I dont think Princess would have them, but then I could be wrong.

Archived