What my PVP said about assigning guarantees weeks in advance.

City_Woman

Yesterday we booked our 6th Carnival cruise through our PVP. Yippee!

I asked him about the 'rumour' I heard about assigning guarantee cabins about 7 weeks in advanced and asked him if it was true.

He told me that yes it's true and they are assigning cabins ahead of time for "past guests" only.

So, there is another opinion on the guarantee assignements.

Happy sailing.

Have call in to my PVP after reading this post. However I went to Carnival web and Checked my reservation and went to modify booking to see what would show. Bingo there it was Lido deck and cabin number. Booked balcony gty and was upgraded 4 decks. Went from 8a to 8d. So yes at least in my case it's true because we are 6 weeks away. Couldn't be happier.

Have call in to my PVP after reading this post. However I went to Carnival web and Checked my reservation and went to modify booking to see what would show. Bingo there it was Lido deck and cabin number. Booked balcony gty and was upgraded 4 decks. Went from 8a to 8d. So yes at least in my case it's true because we are 6 weeks away. Couldn't be happier.

Beerman,

I tried to do this but do not see anywhere that it says modify booking - where can I find this?

Also at the bottom of sign and sail it does have the number 6438 after booking number but no letter before it.

Thanks

Julie

Well, we've never cruised before (anywhere, not just Carnival), but we found our 'Oceanview Guarantee' listed yesterday -- 59 days in advance -- as E19 (Empress Deck) for Oct. 4 Holiday sailing. That cabin was even accepted for on-board bon-voyage gifts on Carnival's website.

So, it doesn't seem to be past guests only.

Julie you have to go to Carnival web site. Click on my reservation. You will have to log in because it comes up secured site. After you log in towards the upper left side of page it says modify booking. Click on the first thing it shows is the itinerary scroll down it shows deck ,cabin and some other info. Didn't pay much attention to other stuff because I was SSSOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPPY to see Lido deck and cabin Number. LOL Let me know what happens.

Beerman,

I tried to do this but do not see anywhere that it says modify booking - where can I find this?

Also at the bottom of sign and sail it does have the number 6438 after booking number but no letter before it.

Thanks

Julie

I, also, cannot find anything that says modify. Our arrangements were made by a TA and we have an OV gty on Fascination 3day, Miami to Nassau Oct 15. I filled out the funpass info, but there is no cabin number. There is nothing anywhere on the "my reservations" page that allows me to modify the booking.

I, also, cannot find anything that says modify. Our arrangements were made by a TA and we have an OV gty on Fascination 3day, Miami to Nassau Oct 15. I filled out the funpass info, but there is no cabin number. There is nothing anywhere on the "my reservations" page that allows me to modify the booking.

After you've logged on to your itinerary at Carnival's site, replace just the words "MyReservation" in the URL with "bookmodify", then hit 'enter'. It'll take you to your details page. If you booked through a TA you won't actually be able to modify anything, but you can view it.

After you've logged on to your itinerary at Carnival's site, replace just the words "MyReservation" in the URL with "bookmodify", then hit 'enter'. It'll take you to your details page. If you booked through a TA you won't actually be able to modify anything, but you can view it.
Thank you so much for the help. I can bring up the page now, but it still says TBA. Since we are still 10 weeks away from cruise time, I'm not concerned. I'll check every few days to see what shows up. It's a lot easier than the "Kelly" method that I've seen mentioned.

I've been checking my cabin assignment for a little while. Today it did show up with a cabin # assigned. We booked an OV GTY and we're on the Empress deck. I'm happy! :) We sail in just over 6 weeks.

Well, that "modifybooking" thing is a great trick but dang (!) my booking still says "deck to be assigned" and "cabin to be assigned" and we sail in less than 2 weeks now! I actually called the agency last week to ask if I could pay for an upgrade to my inside guarantee as I doubt I'll be upgraded, but was told none were available anymore.

I guess I better resign myself to the inside.

I would like to pose another question indirectly related to the OP's posting. For my next Carnival cruise, I am booked through a T/A under a group booking, even though I am not officially going with a group. I have a balcony guarantee and am right at 8 weeks away from my cruise. The group reservation number that I have will not show up on Carnival's website, therefore, I can not access any information. Does anyone know a trick or two to getting around this group number and accessing my information? Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

I booked thru an internet agency and when I go to this site and put in my booking #, the site comes back saying no such booking #. I made my reservations 2 months ago for a balcony guarantee. I plan on calling agency and find out what is going on. Would hate to find out that they have lost my booking.

Nancy, don't panic, many large agencies have their own booking number. We booked our cruise earlier this year through expedia, and had the same issue. We booked a more recent cruise through cruisequick, and they used the same booking number as carnival.

Thank you Trina, you just knew I was starting to panic, lol. I've also sent icruise an email asking them about this. Kind of hard to preregister with funpass if it will not take my booking number. lol. I will give icruise a couple of days to email me back. Thank you again.

Facination Fanatic: You wont be able to see your reservation since its booked as a group- suck doesnt it. really not fair.

Even though I booked with a group I do havemy own booking number and couldnt get it to work., I have called Carnival many times and surprising got the same answer each time.. it jsut dont work with groups.

Archived