Deck 2 stateroom question on Splendour

If anyone has been on deck 2 of Splendour of the Seas (a little aft of midship), please let me know if this is a noisy location. It is the best priced for us, but I am wondering if the lowest passenger deck gets any engine or other vibration from below. I know forward could get the anchor noise, but this is aft of midship. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ellie

If anyone has been on deck 2 of Splendour of the Seas (a little aft of midship), please let me know if this is a noisy location. It is the best priced for us, but I am wondering if the lowest passenger deck gets any engine or other vibration from below. I know forward could get the anchor noise, but this is aft of midship. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ellie

I've been twice in a deck 2 interior and in a deck 2 OV on Splendour. You can tell when they start up the engines but you can also tell that on higher decks. I found them all to be pretty quiet. I remember noticing the engine vibration on the first cruise but that was my first cruise and I was absorbing everything. Didn't notice it at all in the later cruises.

Hola,

We stayed in cabin 2527 last month. There was a clanging sound when someone used the water. I don't know if it was a pump or a check valve, but it was pretty loud. The Pursers office called maintenance, but it was never fixed. We always take earplugs so it didn't matter that much to us.

I probably would have had somebody by the throat if it wasn't for the earplugs.;)

I remember noticing the engine vibration on the first cruise but that was my first cruise and I was absorbing everything. Didn't notice it at all in the later cruises.

I wanted to clarify we didn't find it annoying. It was more like "wow, you can feel the engines."

Some of my family also stayed on deck two when we were on Splendour. They never mentioned any problem with noise. They loved it. Spendour is a great ship and great crew. Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Archived