Anyone won a free cruise and if so how?/

texasnana

sitting with some friends last night this came up.. i have entered so many contests and never won a thing.....

Hi- Our travel agent entered a drawing in her office and won a 7 day Mex Riv cruise on Princess.:D TA's also receive get-acquainted cruises offers. She is going on Celebrity in the Med soon.:cool: So having said that(hst) become a travel agent and get lucky.:D Don't know if airfare is included maybe only one-way:eek: Paul In San Diego

My DH won a cruise through work. It was a sales competition and he won a 4 day Carnival Bahamas cruise. We had a great time, but 4 days was a little short........once you learn your way around the ship, it's already time to leave.

I won a cruise (kind of). I entered a contest at a home show. The prize was a 4 night RCCL cruise (Nassau, Key West, CoCoCay). Sounds good, right? Well, I only won for me...the other person I had to pay for (DD). Actually I had to pay my own port and tax charge also. Really, it was not too bad but it was a bit miss leading. I really would have rathered just book my own 7 night sailing after having to pay for so much but it was a fun time and I did not have to pay my cruise fair.

I won a Disney cruise for 4 people. Took my sister and her three kids and paid single supplement price for myself :rolleyes: Cost me a small fortune but something the kids still talk about 5 years later! Made major points for AuntieBon :p

Won this from a local radio station along with airplane tickets.

I bought a raffle ticket for a free cruise on the HAL Veendam a few years ago. They drew the ticket after bingo. It was a 7 day Caribbean Cruise for two in an inside cabin. We upgraded to an Oceanview and also took our grandson. When they called my name I was upstairs, took me a while to get downstairs I was so excited. They gave me a certificate which I sent to my travel agent to book a cruise on the Zuiderdam.

I won a cruise (kind of). I entered a contest at a home show. The prize was a 4 night RCCL cruise (Nassau, Key West, CoCoCay). Sounds good, right? Well, I only won for me...the other person I had to pay for (DD). Actually I had to pay my own port and tax charge also. Really, it was not too bad but it was a bit miss leading.

Same kind of thing happened to me. Years and years ago on the Royal Majesty I won the comment card drawing. It was a free 3 night cruise for ONE- DH had to pay, can't remember if I had to pay port charges or not it was a longggggggg time ago

I won a cruise on a Carnival cruise ship about 10 years ago. It was a sales contest at work. The contest was sponsored by "Raid" Roach Spray. The Manager that sold the most won the cruise. I was a manager in Newark, New Jersey at the time. Selling Raid in Newark was like selling water in the desert. :D

I won a cruise on a Carnival cruise ship about 10 years ago. It was a sales contest at work. The contest was sponsored by "Raid" Roach Spray. The Manager that sold the most won the cruise. I was a manager in Newark, New Jersey at the time. Selling Raid in Newark was like selling water in the desert. :D

That is funny :D :D

###

My DH won a seven day cruise on the Mexican Riviera. He signed up at a local super market which was celebrating the opening of a new store. The cruise was also sponsered by a radio station and we went with a group of their advertisers. This was 20 years ago and we had two bunks bolted to the floor and a porthole. It was one of the better rooms on the Bermuda

Star. We only had to pay tips, drink bills, photos and shopping plus, of course income taxes. Everything else including airfare was paid for. We are just now booked for our second cruise on August, Alaska on the Sapphire Princess. We have a mini-suite with an aft wrap balcony so I'm sure this will be an entirely different experience. Can't wait!

My DW and I actually won a free cruise playing bingo on our Elation cruise back in May 2005. It was the last day of the cruise, and I didn't want to waste any more money playing bingo, since we had already squandered so much without success. Thank goodness she talked me into trying one more time !!!

The prize was any 4 - 7 night Carnival cruise. Since an Alaskan cruise was always our "dream trip", we decided to book the Northbound Carnival Spirit out of Vancouver. We had to pay for the airfare, excursions, etc., but the trip definitely lived up to our expectations. The Spirit was a beautiful ship and the Alaskan scenery was truly breathtaking !!!

I won a 7 day Caribbean cruise for two by purchasing just one ticket ($10) for the cruise lotto. We were cruising on the Oosterdam and it was the last day of the cruise, so I purchased just one ticket. When I gave the cruise director the $10 bill, he said, "Well, it only takes one ticket". Well....that one ticket ended up being mine!

We are now booked on the Zuiderdam for November this year. Was able to upgrade from the inside cabin to a balcony for $200 a person. Talk about a pretty sweet deal......

I won a 7 day cruise on NCL's Norway by throwing a paper airplane at a car that was on the ice in between periods at a hockey game.:D

That is best post I read today!! LOL

By the way, who won the game?... Better yet what teams were playing?:rolleyes:

I've been the fortunate winner of 2 cruises - I know, I know, I must have horseshoes in some body cavity or other! The first one in 1989 was a radio contest where you had to predict the month, day, hour and minute that the pelicans would land back on our river on their annual return from the winter migration. I was 1 minute away from the exact landing time (the radio station had people monitoring the river 24/7 for 2 weeks). The cruise was a 7 day Carnival cruise for two to the Caribbean; we upgraded it to include our then 7 year old son and enjoyed a fabulous 7 days visiting places we never thought we'd ever get to see. Total cost: $750 for the upgrade and our son's flight.

Fast forward to 2003 - I entered an online contest with a frozen pizza company; a couple of months later I received a phone call that told me I was the winner of a $10,000 travel voucher to be used in any way I wished. Not 48 hours later we received a brochure in the mail from Holland America advertising some great prices for 14 day Mediterranean / Black Sea cruises. We jumped at the offer and booked ourselves another trip to another area of the world we never thought we'd ever see. We were able to use the remainder of the travel voucher as an onboard credit which we used for tours. Total cost: $150 for new luggage.

I know I'm a lucky person; I've won lots of things including a diamond ring, and other things, but I don't know why I win!!! I don't enter a lot of contests as some people do, so it's not like I'm increasing my odds that way. Now if only I could figure out the lottery numbers! Oh and by the way, I still keep buying cruise lottery tickets - you never know!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I won a cruise thru Princess about 5 years ago. It was thru the Princess quarterly magazine where you send in your best cruise picture with 60 words or less describing your trip. We had a pick of a Caribbean or Alaska cruise and went to Alaska for free. Included air and an outside room and we even got to pick our dates. We went for prime season and got our first pick, so really felt we were extra lucky.

I'm with the other poster though. Would LOVE to get those lottery numbers!

That is best post I read today!! LOL

By the way, who won the game?... Better yet what teams were playing?:rolleyes:

It was before Atlanta had the Thrashers. The team was the Atlanta Knights who played in the CNN Center. They belonged to a minor league, the old International League. LOL, I don't remember who won that night !

I grew up in Philly and missed hockey. When Atlanta started the Knights we got season tickets. The International League wasn't the NHL but it had its moments. ;)

I won a $4500 travel voucher from a home builder contest.

We used it on:

Roundtrip airfare Hawaii. 1 night pre-cruise hotel stay @ Marriott Waikki Beach, transfers, balcony for Fiancee and I on NCL Pride of America, $200 ship credit, and trip insurance.

We're pretty siked!! It doesn't cover all of our expenses, but otherwise we hadn't been planning on Hawaii. We're expecting to spend $1-2K.

• 4 weeks later...

I won my first cruise - a 3 night Disney Wonder cruise. Was at Disneyworld October 2004 and got in the 'hot seat' at the Who Wants to be a Millionaire attraction. Answered all the questions right and got the 1,000,000 points! The it covered air, transfers, tip and lowest OV cabin for 4. I upgraded us to larger balcony cabin.

It was thrilling to win at the time especially with an audiance cheering and all. But between the upgrade $ and taxes I had to pay, the $ value was questionable. But I did learn that I LOVE cruising!

I was on a cruise for my big birthday which was the last day of the cruise. I decided to play my first game of bingo for a free cruise. Bought one card and almost quit after they had called 5 numbers and I didn't have any. And then I won. I had this feeling before hand that I was going to win. We went to the Caribbean on the Zuiderdam for 7 days and it was great !:)

Archived