? about the Glory and Kennedy Space Center

SHELLKOV

We are going to be on the Carnival Glory 1/19/08. My question is...How much is it to do the Kennedy Space Center w/ transfers to the airport, as opposed to just getting the transfers through Carnival without going to the Space Center? We are trying to decide if we should book our air earlier or later. Thanks in advance!

Carnival offers a debarkation day excursion to KSC with transportation to Orlando airport (MCO) at the end of the tour. They don't list the price on the web site so you would have to ask someone who's done that or call Carnival.

We are planning to visit KSC during our upcoming cruise on the Glory. We are arriving a couple of days early to take in some of the local sights. Initially I had planned to do the KSC thing prior to the cruise. I have since gotten airfare cheaper than we can drive (thanks big oil) so now I'm thinking I may save the KSC tour until debarkation day since our flight doesn't depart out of Orlando until 8:00 PM. Now I need to figure out what we want to do for a couple of days prior to the cruise. We were at Universal Studios and Disney just 3 years ago so I'm not sure that's the way to go this time around. Decisions, decisions.

5String - check out Sea World - my grand kids loved it.

If you have a Carnival cruise booked you can see the price of the tours. Just go in as if you were going to book a tour and it will show you the prices - then you can leave with or without booking.

Good Luck!

5String - check out Sea World - my grand kids loved it.

If you have a Carnival cruise booked you can see the price of the tours. Just go in as if you were going to book a tour and it will show you the prices - then you can leave with or without booking.

Good Luck!

I was thinking of something along the lines of Seaworld and/or one of those 'gator places'. Might just play it by ear and see what happens. After all it is vacation.

Carnival does not list prices for excursions at your embarkation/debarkation port. They only give you the general cost range ($, $$, $$$). You also have to book those excursions while on-board instead of online like others.

Thanks for the SW suggestion.

We are going to be on the Carnival Glory 1/19/08. My question is...How much is it to do the Kennedy Space Center w/ transfers to the airport, as opposed to just getting the transfers through Carnival without going to the Space Center? We are trying to decide if we should book our air earlier or later. Thanks in advance!

In March 2007 on the Elation it was:

KSC w/Airport Transfer $89 (adult) $82 (child)

Airport Transfer $35 per person.

In Aug 2006 on the Glory, the KSC prices were the same, the airport transfer was $29.

Kevin

Hi Everyone....We triied to do KSC after debarktation...We had several hours to kill before our flight..(we had a rental car)..

Kennedy is huge...it takes all day to do the tour right...We ended up having to leave early..about halfway through the tour to catch our flight.

It was very crowded, and there is a lot of waiting for the next bus involved..But what we did see was fantastic!

I Highly reccomend KSC, But give yourself plenty of time.

Mrs. smitty273

KSC is very much a whole day affair - if you only have a few hours you are not going to see very much!

Hmmm. Sounds like it might be better to revert back to Plan A and do the KSC thing prior to cruising since we'll have 2 1/2 days to play with on the front end. Then I'll just need to come up with something to fill the gap between debarkation and our 8:00PM flight. I don't want to sit around the airport any longer than necessary. Would it be reasonable to do Seaworld within a 8-10 hour time frame (including driving times)?

TIA

I was thinking of something along the lines of Seaworld and/or one of those 'gator places'. Might just play it by ear and see what happens. After all it is vacation.

Carnival does not list prices for excursions at your embarkation/debarkation port. They only give you the general cost range ($, $$, $$$). You also have to book those excursions while on-board instead of online like others.

Thanks for the SW suggestion.

We are looking at Gatorland too. Not as good to me as a little place we found in the swamps down in far west Ft. Lauderdale, but better than nothing as we are going out of Port Canaveral this time.

They sell discount tickets for both Gatorland and Space Center online at various sites. You can get adult tickets for Gatorland for $15.50 to $16 plus tax and space center for about 34.95 plus tax for adults, cheaper for children. The Gatorland home site has tickets cheaper than sites like Orbitz so be carefull. Rent a car and get a hotel in Orlando? Hotels are pretty cheap in Orlando, compared to S. Florida.

Hmmm. Sounds like it might be better to revert back to Plan A and do the KSC thing prior to cruising since we'll have 2 1/2 days to play with on the front end. Then I'll just need to come up with something to fill the gap between debarkation and our 8:00PM flight. I don't want to sit around the airport any longer than necessary. Would it be reasonable to do Seaworld within a 8-10 hour time frame (including driving times)?

TIA

Seaworld doesnt take that long. We thought Busch Gardens on the West side of Orlando was a lot more fun. Sea World is a few exhibits and then a show for an hour or so where the highlight is splashing the kids. I was a bit dissapointed in it, but then Im an adult. Busch Gardens is a bit further from the airport in Orlando though, but you can easily get toward either coast if you are staying in Orlando. We have 3 nights there precruise this time.

Thanks all for your replies. I think we will skip doing KSC and wait until a later date so that we have more time. I don't want to be rushed while we are there.

Oh no, don't skip KSC! :eek: We did it after a Gory cruise several years ago and it was one of the highlights of the trip! It will take all day to do it right. Go ahead and go the day before your sailing. You will have a day at sea to rest up. Go to the KSC web site and book it yourself. It sounds as though you will have your own transportation so that won't be a problem. In mid January it might not be too crowded. Even so, it is just an amazing place! Depending on how close you might be to a shutlle mission will detirmine what parts you will get to see.

phopte..That would be a great idea, but our flight doesn't get into Orlando until a little after 5 p.m. the day before the cruise. I guess you could just consider it a postponment. I am sure we will do it at another time.

Archived