oragami towels

giraffez

usually the cabin steward will make them when they get your cabin bed ready for sleep and i now they would be happy to show you how they make them they have showed me and are wonderful to find upon opening your cabin door at bedtime on retiring

They're found on the end of your bed after you come back from dinner or your evening. Often you won't get one for the first night or two. I'm sure your steward will be happy to show you how to make one if you catch him when he is not too busy. They've been known to make kids happy doing that! There are also three books you can buy for $10 to $15 on Amazon.com. Use keywords "towel origami". :)

My favorite is the monkey, as you can see by my avatar!

Our maids at a resort in Cancun made different ones for us everyday as well. Only time we ever had them on land:rolleyes: I love when they use things they find on your dresser like sunglasses, hats, etc...:D

When we were on our honeymoon cruise on the Veendam this past February, we had a different towel critter every night on our bed, except for the first night, and the last night (which I would assume was because our steward was way too busy to fold towels for us!) We took pictures of each of them for memory's (and scrapbook's) sake.

Now, each time we have an overnight guest at our house, there's a towel elephant waiting on their bed for them. Everyone loves the attention!

Go the the site "Ask a Cruise Question" on the CC home page and on page two you will see a post re: can you take your towel animals home?? In a response, I sited two books from Amazon for sale, plus the Carnival Cruise Line book that I have that shows how to make a lot of the towel critters. You can order that book, still, directly from Carnival CL. Also, on Carnival, I was able to purchase the baby towel animals for my grandchildren: little pigs, puppies, etc. :) gg

On the OOsterdam, last sea day, I attended a very very popular towel folding demo put on by the ACD, with three top-notch cabin stewards doing the folding and narrating. We received handouts, which worked well and i was able to construct an elephant when I got home! (I just need to remember to purchase some eyes!) The stewards were most helpful and some members of the audience came up and participated as well. I don't recall a book for sale onboard, but i have heard they are available, probably amazon.com.

The animals are part of the signature of excellence program, so that is why they are finally showing up on HAL! (I guess even HAL's demographic finds them appealing!) It is kind of fun to do for the guest bedroom arrivals at my house!

Hi Bill and Merle!

How are you guys doing????

We also love the animals. I remember several months ago when many on the boards said they didn't like the idea of these little creatures. But those little towel guys have become very popular... it's fun to try to guess what animal awaits you when you return for the night! Love the swingin' monkey!!!!

I;m kinda the type that doesn't need the room made up during my stay. It doesn't bother me and I always think it will lessen the workload for the housemaids for a chance so often put the do not disturb on the door.

I'll probably be missing out on the oragami.......... could anyone confirm whether there will be any demonstration on the zuiderdam?

Hi Peggy and Fred,

Here's to towel animals! Nice to see you pop up here! We are fine, altho no cruise plans at present. (We are last minute sailors.) The cruise i think would be super is your eurodam inaugural. It has been 14 years -hard to believe-since our family did the statendam inaugural season in the baltic and it was the most memorable of cruises. I think you are in for a rare treat. Til next time, I'll keep looking at the brochures.

Regards,

Bill and Meryl

Usually your room stewart will make them every night for you. It's quite fun to see what he has made for you when returning to your room at night. I saved all mine and put them on the counter with my DH ball caps and sunglasses on them, I think our stewart got a big kick out of what we were doing and played along with us. The Monkey is my favorite too!

Hal offers a class in animal towel making some time on the cruise, so if you want to learn, you can.

They're found on the end of your bed after you come back from dinner or your evening. Often you won't get one for the first night or two. I'm sure your steward will be happy to show you how to make one if you catch him when he is not too busy. They've been known to make kids happy doing that! There are also three books you can buy for $10 to $15 on Amazon.com. Use keywords "towel origami". :)

The monkey was my favoritte and I didn't realize that was what was in your photo!

We also asked about a class to make them on the Veendam. They said they tried that once and not a single guest showed up. It never occured to ask our cabin steward bit we never met him.

Hilarious--I thought your avatar was a plucked chicken....

The monkey was my favoritte and I didn't realize that was what was in your photo!
Hilarious--I thought your avatar was a plucked chicken....
jtl513-sorry, I am glad that you explained your avatar is an origami monkey because it looked like a skinned chicken to me and I could never figure that.

Bob

Yeah, at avatar size you can't see the eye dots very well. Maybe I should Photoshop the eyes bigger! :D

I;m kinda the type that doesn't need the room made up during my stay. It doesn't bother me and I always think it will lessen the workload for the housemaids for a chance so often put the do not disturb on the door.

I'll probably be missing out on the oragami.......... could anyone confirm whether there will be any demonstration on the zuiderdam?

Do you mind if I ask why you don't like to have your bed freshly made and the bathroom cleaned for you? You're on vacation....enjoy the luxury. :) What do you do about getting clean towels, more soap etc?

Do the stewards ever speak with you about getting your cabin cleaned?

Sorry if you mind my asking. I'm just curious and certainly if you don't wish to respond...........

Haha Looks like a caused some suspense!!:D:D

New towels, shower gel, shampoo etc... we usually just call the front desk when we need a refill and they bring it up.

As for making up the bed, well, i'm just not fussed about it.

I also don't feel comfortable with people being in my room with all my belongings when I'm not there. Call me paranoid but I've heard of many many stories where things go missing (I'm not saying housekeeping does it but sometimes doors are left open while the housekeeping pops out to fetch something and people can easily slip into your room to take that digital camera on the desk etc....).

Archived