differences in buffets on crown?

lumpkin

Hi, I read there are 2 buffets on the Crown: Horizon and International cafe (same as Caribe?) Do these buffets have the same food and hours? If not, what are the differences?

Thanks.

Actually the HC and the Caribe are next to each other aft.

They have different themes and hours.

The international is the bakery in the atrium.

from what i understand (gosh i love these boards):

Horizon Court is the main buffet, and serves all three meals, which are basically dining room food set up buffet-style.

Cafe Caribe is kind of behind Horizon, and has different hours/themes. Apparently the seafood buffet the first night is not-to-miss. They also put actual linens and silverware on the tables for dinner too.

International Cafe has (i think) sandwiches and cookies and that kind of thing and is open 24 hours in the atrium.

the exact hours are posted somewhere on this board i'm sure, or on the princess website maybe? i know i've seen them somewhere. Try looking for Patters (daily newsletters) from the Crown, they list the hours right on there.

...haven't been on the Crown yet, can you tell i'm soaking in every bit of information i can?! :D

We just did the B2B and the second Sat when we got back on the ship after spending the day in San Juan, we decided to go to the Caribe Cafe for the Seafood Buffet. Our men loved it. They had shrimp, crab, etc, etc. They were all stuffed when we left. I don't eat seafood, but they all said it was great, so we were glad that for that one night, we skipped the diningroom and ate at the buffet

And yes, on formal nights, they do put out white linen napkins in Caribe to give it a little formality for folks that don't want to go to the main dining rooms.

Horizon does serve all meals, but does close at different times. But either Horizon or Caribe were open for the most part except late at night. Can't tell you exact times as I did not pay that much attention to the times.

International Cafe had nibbles, cookies, and other desserts. You had to pay for most stuff there except the cookies. The cookies were the same that were served in Horizon or Caribe and the Madadamia Nut and the Peanut Butter were fantastic!!

Just got off the Crown--the International Cafe is open from 7am - 11pm

Loads of free items--the greatest cookies--got to take them to your room

one item I really like is the shrimp salad every afternoon--this is not a buffet--they have sweet rolls in the morning --then some lunch items-panina sanwiches--You do pay for gellato--three different scoops of your choice $1.50

I f you are seated by the Cafe--they will wait on you--otherwise just go up to the counter and ask for what you want

Don't forget--pick up cookies for your room everytime you go by

I think that in the late afternoon they have some mixed tapas plates--I think that you pay for those.

Nancy:D

**the international cafe isn't quite a buffet, kind of like a little sandwich shop thing. but as people have said, most of the stuff is free and the stuff that costs $$ is marked.

i stole this picture from cruisenewbie.com, definitely check out his website for pictures of the Crown!!

the picture focuses on the bar area, and there's a sitting area to the left and the snacks case is in the background on the right.

293398462_3c423f884c.jpg

Click on these photos for a larger view...

Horizon Court on the Crown:

2714712770101073497nTkMYR_th.jpg

Part of the seafood buffet in Horizon Court...

2030886470101073497WVmxwY_th.jpg

The display cases at the International Cafe...

2667373890101073497ssabhv_th.jpg2394882580101073497JnRAen_th.jpg

Lew

Bavarian Night was also great. A real "dead" whole pig being sliced and lots of sausages and saurkraut along with red cabbage. There was a different theme nightly. Lobster, fried shrimp, Prime Rib, Beef wellington along with varied selections each night. A cold and a hot soup and plenty of shrimp cocktail. We never made it to the dining room. Planned this instead and we were not disappointed! Great desserts also.

Just got off the Crown on Saturday--I didn't notice that many items with a price tag--They did charge gor gellato--3 for $1.50

Lots of things were free--love the cookies

We went to Caribe late one night--we found plenty to eat--desserts and sandwiches--not the same as we all are used to with Horizon Court being open 24/7.

As for vines--I took a look at the sushi at Vines--asked for some items--I was told that they would be there the next day--I never went back--it looked to me that the sushi that was there was made somewhere and then brought out--Not like the normal sushi chef--I could be wrong.

Nancy:D

Archived